Dallas Fort Worth Urban Forum

Corporate Relocations/Expansions

texasstar

Re: Corporate Relocations/Expansions

Postby texasstar » 09 Jan 2019 08:02

If I were a Lake Dallas resident, I might be a little bit unhappy with the tone in this thread.

Thank God, I'm not.

TNWE

Postby TNWE » 09 Jan 2019 10:42

texasstar wrote:If I were a Lake Dallas resident, I might be a little bit unhappy with the tone in this thread.

Thank God, I'm not.

I don't think your typical LD resident reads this forum, nor do they particularly care what the forum might think of their city.

As for the HQ site selection, the article says it all:

The building in Lake Dallas will serve as Evolutions Brands’ headquarters, encompassing the home office, warehouse for wholesale and e-commerce distribution, as well as a manufacturing facility.

They wanted an Office, Warehouse, and Manufacturing facility all in one building, and presumably there was a suitable space for the right price in Lake Dallas. I'm curious if they got any tax incentives since LD has one of the highest property tax rates in Denton County.

No idea if the design and merchandising jobs are also moving, but if they are, I imagine they won't have much trouble backfilling the roles of people who don't want to leave California to work in icky Lake Dallas- those aren't fields with a labor shortage around here.

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 09 Jan 2019 16:05

They could also easily office the creative department in another part of DFW if that was imperative to attracting talent if they were also relocated to Texas. Sounds like their priorities for the HQ were in the warehouse selection.

Tivo_Kenevil

Postby Tivo_Kenevil » 09 Jan 2019 18:32

texasstar wrote:If I were a Lake Dallas resident, I might be a little bit unhappy with the tone in this thread.

Thank God, I'm not.

They'd be okay with it. Let's be honest, most people dont even know Lake Dallas is a real thing.

Hannibal Lecter

Postby Hannibal Lecter » 10 Jan 2019 11:58

cowboyeagle05 wrote:They could also easily office the creative department in another part of DFW if that was imperative to attracting talent if they were also relocated to Texas.

I work with a major user experience consulting and software development company based in Dallas. They are an acknowledged leader in their industry, with clients like Mercedes Benz, Dell, Samsung, Neiman Marcus, Capital One and Expedia. They have over 100 employees in the Dallas office, with branches in Austin and Seattle. They regularly make "best places to work" lists. They fit every stereotype of the 21st century high tech company. You won't find a more "creative class" place than this.

I've only know one single person there who lives south of 635. That's the CEO, who lives in Preston Hollow. The vast majority live north of the GWB.