Dallas Fort Worth Urban Forum

Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Kelley USA

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby Kelley USA » 08 Jul 2019 16:00

Looks like HomeWorks at Water Street has quietly packed up the rest of their belongings and closed shop... It's an empty shell yet again. I think this is a positive. I had heard they were basically a pop-up tenant anyways, but it makes available a key end-cap spot. I think a cool running / bike store would be a good add, but it'll probably be another restaurant (which I'm cool with too). Might even be a good spot for the long rumored Hopdoddy.

kwilliam

Postby kwilliam » 08 Jul 2019 21:13

Anybody have news on the recent passage of liquor sales in Irving? Is Total Wine still planning to move into the old Toys R Us?

TXGunLover

Postby TXGunLover » 08 Jul 2019 21:16

I haven't seen anything definitive about TW&M other than rumors.

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 09 Jul 2019 09:18

kwilliam wrote:Anybody have news on the recent passage of liquor sales in Irving? Is Total Wine still planning to move into the old Toys R Us?

I think one positive sign is that Total Wine is a somewhat fairly new member of the Irving / Las Colinas Chamber of Commerce. Seems like an obvious first step to opening up a location!

TXGunLover

Postby TXGunLover » 09 Jul 2019 09:26

Kelley USA wrote:
kwilliam wrote:Anybody have news on the recent passage of liquor sales in Irving? Is Total Wine still planning to move into the old Toys R Us?

I think one positive sign is that Total Wine is a somewhat fairly new member of the Irving / Las Colinas Chamber of Commerce. Seems like an obvious first step to opening up a location!

I wasn't aware of that, and yes, that's a great sign.

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 09 Jul 2019 10:38

TXGunLover wrote:
Kelley USA wrote:

Okay, did a little digging on this property. Not saying my sleuthing skills are all that great but noticed the property was recently pulled from LoopNet. It is no longer for sale or lease. Since 2011 it was owned by EDK Toys who obviously had leased the property to Toys R Us. If you remember the property was originally an Albertson's. Could things be coming full circle? Possibly! I noticed a permit was recently filed on this property for interior demo work. The owner was listed as ABS, TX Investor. A quick search shows that company with an address in Boise, ID which just happens to be the exact same address for Albertson's corporate. And who does Albertson's own? Well Market Street of course! Could this be the reason they bailed on the Shops of Las Colinas development, to open here instead?

ContriveDallasite

Postby ContriveDallasite » 09 Jul 2019 12:05

Kelley USA wrote:
TXGunLover wrote:
Kelley USA wrote:

Okay, did a little digging on this property. Not saying my sleuthing skills are all that great but noticed the property was recently pulled from LoopNet. It is no longer for sale or lease. Since 2011 it was owned by EDK Toys who obviously had leased the property to Toys R Us. If you remember the property was originally an Albertson's. Could things be coming full circle? Possibly! I noticed a permit was recently filed on this property for interior demo work. The owner was listed as ABS, TX Investor. A quick search shows that company with an address in Boise, ID which just happens to be the exact same address for Albertson's corporate. And who does Albertson's own? Well Market Street of course! Could this be the reason they bailed on the Shops of Las Colinas development, to open here instead?

That would be a funny full circle turn around considering Albertsons was in the location for ages before Toys R Us.

Brettoj

Postby Brettoj » 09 Jul 2019 12:18

Anyone know what all the balloons are for on the piece of land across the lake from Williams Square?

TXGunLover

Postby TXGunLover » 19 Jul 2019 08:51

Mexican Sugar has been permitted as expected next to Whiskey Cake.

TXGunLover

Postby TXGunLover » 19 Jul 2019 09:46

Totally 3rd hand information, but one of the workers in the Toys 'R Us building told someone else that asked they were working on a new Total Wine & More. If true, YAY!

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 19 Jul 2019 10:03

^^ Good info! Also, looks like Big Air Trampoline will be taking over the former Dick's Sporting Goods Store on 635.

https://www.bigairusa.com/lascolinas/

ignition

Postby ignition » 19 Jul 2019 14:50

Not sure if it's been mentioned or not but just learned that the WeYogis yoga studio in Water Street is closing effective next Friday (7/26). I learned that right after my class last night... pretty annoyed and, honestly, surprised as all the classes I've ever attended there have ranged from pretty full to completely full. I'm hoping another yoga studio moves in there to take advantage of the space.

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 22 Jul 2019 09:54

I do know that a number of the tenants at Water Street were considered "pop-up" stores. I think WeYogis might have been one of those along with Homeward Hound and HomeWorks. That would make sense. Their build-out was very minimal and perhaps they don't see enough activity to sign a long-term lease moving forward.

On another Water Street note, the build-out for the new coffee shop (Pax & Beneficia) is cruising right along. If you get a chance peek in the window. It's going to be a beautiful little shop. Very impressive!