Dallas Fort Worth Urban Forum

Dallas Trail System

muncien

Re: Dallas Trail System

Postby muncien » 19 Jun 2017 10:32

skeets wrote:
muncien wrote:Repairs to Campion Trail along the Elm Fork have been completed, and that section of the trail (Sam Houston Trail Park) reopened last week. It is amazing how much damage was done by the flood waters from a year ago. Nearly every river overlook along the entire Campion trail is still closed. Some of the benches that were perched along the river toppled in at some point are now somewhere downstream. I haven't seen any signs of those overlooks, or the boat launch up by 161/635 interchange getting repaired. I assume they'll all be out of commission for quite some time. Unfortunately, we also lost some beautiful, massive oak trees as their weight was just too much in the mucky waters.

Some work on the Trinity overlooks has finally started at the TW Richardson Grove area. One overlook has been removed (what was left of it!) and moved back and replaced with a sitting area. Can't tell what they are doing with the other one but bulldozers were busy a couple of weeks back clearing out what had grown up.

I saw that the other day... Unfortunately, it doesn't appear they will be rebuilding the canoe ramp that was destroyed. That was a common put in place for independent kayakers as well as some of the smaller kayak/canoe/adventure companies. I assume they've already found alternative locations... but I don't know where they are.

northsouth

Postby northsouth » 06 Nov 2017 14:41

The Mockingbird Pedestrian Bridge finally opened last week, surprised no one has mentioned it yet.

Tivo_Kenevil

Postby Tivo_Kenevil » 06 Nov 2017 15:00

northsouth wrote:The Mockingbird Pedestrian Bridge finally opened last week, surprised no one has mentioned it yet.

I shall check it out.

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 08 Nov 2017 09:40

It does complete a loop now.

KTuser

Postby KTuser » 13 Nov 2017 10:27

Does anyone know if the new Ridgewood trail has a trail connection to White Rock (from where it turns north close to Fisher Road)? If not, what is the best way to get to White Rock and are their plans to connect the trails?

soco

Postby soco » 13 Nov 2017 16:39

Dallas County is currently building the SOPAC Trail in the abandoned rail bed from Greenville Ave. at Meadow to where the Santa Fe Trail ends near the boat house. The section from NW Hwy to Greenville/Meadow is expected to be complete in early 2018. The section from NW Hwy south to the Lake should begin construction early next year with a 2019 completion date. Once complete, trail users will turn south on the SOPAC Trail after crossing Fisher to access the Lake.

In the interim, turn north after crossing Fisher, ride the trail to NW Hwy, take the ramp up to the trail (alley) that parallels NW Hwy, and ride that until you get to the White Rock Creek Trail at NW Hwy and W. Lawther. From there you can continue south to the lake.

KTuser

Postby KTuser » 13 Nov 2017 17:19

Thanks for the response. I rode the SOPAC from Fisher to Park Lane (where it abruptly stops)so they are not far from Greenville.