Dallas Fort Worth Urban Forum

Richardson: CityLine

Tnexster

Richardson: CityLine

Postby Tnexster » 02 Dec 2016 21:28

New office tower, hotel and hundreds of apartments on the way at $1.5 billion CityLine

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/real ... n-cityline

More than 1,500 apartments are under construction at CityLine and next door. And project developer KDC is eyeing a new office tower that will bring more businesses to the project.

"We have a tower that we are planning just east that will be 400,000 square feet and 17 stories," said Walt Mountford, KDC executive vice president. "It will sit right on State Street and will be a multi-tenant building."

The 148-room Aloft CityLine Hotel that's still under construction will open in February next to State Farm's offices.

Plans are in the works for a multi-screen AMC cinema on the east side of Plano Road.

Adjacent to CityLine and DART's commuter rail station, Trammell Crow Residential is building over 700 apartments in its Alexan CityLine project. The massive residential community will eventually have more than 1,000 apartments on both sides of CityLine Drive.

The_Overdog

Re: Richardson: CityLine

Postby The_Overdog » 05 Dec 2016 11:00

Not technically a part of CityLine, but less than half a mile south so close enough:
A new 5 story 420 unit apartment complex with a 7 story parking garage is being designed along Routh Creek Parkway. The complex will be built on private land adjacent to the Galatyn Woodland Nature preserve, about halfway between the BlueCross/Blue Shield offices to the south and CityLine to the north. It will also be adjacent to the historical gravesite area that the Campbells, Rouths, and Renners and whomever first settled this area and whom all the streets are named after are buried.

I'm surprised the city of Richardson didn't purchase this land to complete the Galatyn nature area, and is allowing the Galatyn Woodland area to be carved up for intensive use.

exelone31

Postby exelone31 » 09 Jan 2017 11:27

The_Overdog

Postby The_Overdog » 12 Jan 2017 09:32

Here's the announcement of the apartment complex next to the Spring Creek nature area

They didn't waste any time on this one. Once a legit forest, the land is now cleared and the pile of trees looks like a slightly smaller version of the Aggie Bonfire.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 14 Jan 2017 13:16

^I wish they would preserve pockets of forest land like that.

exelone31

Postby exelone31 » 16 Jan 2017 08:50

I think they're doing a pretty large expansion of the Spring Creek Nature Preserve, no? I saw crews clearing out some of the brush on Renner, so even though there may be some of the area getting clear-cut for these apartments, I think there is some positive development too.

The_Overdog

Postby The_Overdog » 09 Mar 2017 08:54

Here's the announcement of the apartment complex next to the Spring Creek nature area.

They have fenced off the small cemetery that is part of this project to protect it from construction damage. I guess once complete, it will be one of the few apartment complexes in the US that counts a historical cemetery as an amenity. Unless they move the headstones but not the bodies, then the whole place will be haunted.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 09 Mar 2017 15:35

Dallas' KDC to add 17-acre park to $1.5B CityLine development in Richardson

http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news/ ... yline.html

exelone31

Postby exelone31 » 10 Mar 2017 08:37

I had no idea this park was in the cards. Great news! City Line park is tiny, so having additional greenspace will be a plus.

I wonder if there are any plans for improving walkability in the area. Plano Rd doesn't seem like a picnic to traverse at the moment. Would a pedestrian bridge be completely ridiculous?

The_Overdog

Postby The_Overdog » 10 Mar 2017 10:04

I wonder if there are any plans for improving walkability in the area. Plano Rd doesn't seem like a picnic to traverse at the moment. Would a pedestrian bridge be completely ridiculous?

Seems like a bridge (or tunnel like they have in McKinney) would be absolutely necessary, as this park is located on the far east side, away from all the multi-family residential and well into the suburban-esque designed part of the project, and adjacent to corporate fences and edges of parking lots.

Even the single family to the south of the park is across Renner, which is a 30k cars a day street -not exactly easy to cross.

If they don't improve the pedestrian connectivity, then few will be going to go to this park.

Also since I don't read the article no good, another article states "Phase one will include a 75-foot-long bridge to accommodate pedestrian and bicyclist traffic, a covered pavilion, playgrounds for children of various ages, limestone benches underneath shady canopy trees, ornamental planting beds, and connectivity to citywide hike and bike trail systems." which I assume is a bridge across Plano Road.

exelone31

Postby exelone31 » 10 Mar 2017 12:09

Goodness gracious, I totally flew by that note on the bridge in the article. I'd read the DMN article, which didn't mention it, but should have! That's a huge element of the development.

The bridge in City Line Park is pretty nice. It feels a little odd as there's not much to see, but the bridge is well made.

The_Overdog

Postby The_Overdog » 28 Mar 2017 21:28

Construction crews are working on another major project on Routh Creek Parkway. Not sure what it's going to be yet, I'm assuming apartments as well. They are putting up construction fencing and chopping away at more of the Spring Creek Nature Preserve. This is on the other side of the creek from the first project, so I don't think it's part of the first project.

The_Overdog

Postby The_Overdog » 19 Apr 2017 10:13

12 story 200 room hotel planned for the corner of US75 and PGBT Turnpike. I thought the hotel was going to be more internal to CityLine originally. I have not seen the brand mentioned yet.

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 19 Apr 2017 11:44

These gigantic consolidated corporate service centers and have taken hold in many population centers, but I cannot help but wonder how long the configuration will last..., then how long to retool the garages, gut and redesign the office floorplan.

exelone31

Postby exelone31 » 19 Apr 2017 11:46

The_Overdog wrote:12 story 200 room hotel planned for the corner of US75 and PGBT Turnpike. I thought the hotel was going to be more internal to CityLine originally. I have not seen the brand mentioned yet.

Wow, nice! I wonder how it will connect to everything else, assuming it's on the southeast corner. Hopefully some ground floor retail to align with the Alexan (?) that is between this hotel and the DART station.

Brettoj

Postby Brettoj » 19 Apr 2017 12:39

exelone31 wrote:
The_Overdog wrote:12 story 200 room hotel planned for the corner of US75 and PGBT Turnpike. I thought the hotel was going to be more internal to CityLine originally. I have not seen the brand mentioned yet.

Wow, nice! I wonder how it will connect to everything else, assuming it's on the southeast corner. Hopefully some ground floor retail to align with the Alexan (?) that is between this hotel and the DART station.

It was announced a while back. It is going to be a Drury Inn.

The_Overdog

Postby The_Overdog » 20 Apr 2017 09:00

A 12 story Drury Inn? Is it going to be the tallest one...in the world?

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 20 Apr 2017 17:34

The_Overdog wrote:

No there is one in downtown San Antonio that is 24 floors.

muncien

Postby muncien » 21 Apr 2017 11:30

Tnexster wrote:
The_Overdog wrote:

No there is one in downtown San Antonio that is 24 floors.

I've stayed at that hotel a couple times and absolutely love it. Not sure if they still do it, but they used to offer a free booze coupon for happy hour, and they had a darn good brunch in the morning as well. Both free with stay.
"He doesn't know how to use the three seashells..."

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 21 Apr 2017 17:33

^They still do it and it really was a nice hotel. I loved the old lobby and how the hallways still maintained the look of the old office tower but gave way to really nice rooms.

I45Tex

Postby I45Tex » 16 Mar 2018 17:26

Since Atlanta IIRC was one of two more State Farm mega-outposts this decade, thought I would post this link for other forumers to know some related development in the health insurance space in our ‘New South’ rival:

https://atlanta.curbed.com/2018/1/29/16 ... aking-date

The_Overdog

Postby The_Overdog » 19 Mar 2018 08:45

Site prep is in progress and a crane is up for the Drury Inn.