Dallas Fort Worth Urban Forum

Cypress Waters

Tnexster
Posts: 2080
Joined: 22 Oct 2016 16:33
Location: Dallas

Cypress Waters

Postby Tnexster » 04 Nov 2016 01:52

Another big office tenant headed to Cypress Waters

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/real ... ess-waters

The booming Cypress Waters development on LBJ Freeway has landed another major business.

Options Clearing Corp. — one of the world's largest equity derivatives clearing firms — is moving from Keller to a new building in Cypress Waters.

OCC has leased 46,500 square feet from developer Billingsley Co. in a new building at 9111 Cypress Waters Blvd. near Belt Line Road and LBJ.

User avatar
muncien
Posts: 901
Joined: 25 Oct 2016 08:46
Location: Cypress Waters

Re: Cypress Waters

Postby muncien » 20 Mar 2018 09:32

I know there hasnt been a lot of talk here about Cypress Waters lately, but construction levels are through the roof. Cypress Waters Blvd was recently opened all the way down to The Sound, and you can now get up close and personal to all the activity. There is still nothing open down there yet, and all you can do is turn around and head back, but it is a dizzying amount of activity. I saw at least three office buildings, two or three multi-family buildings, and several retail/resturaunt buildings all well under way.
I'm not sure when the first openings will take place, but I do recall seeing an apartment leasing listing for June 1 availability.
"He doesn't know how to use the three seashells..."

User avatar
Kelley USA
Posts: 470
Joined: 27 Oct 2016 12:46

Re: Cypress Waters

Postby Kelley USA » 20 Mar 2018 10:12

It's funny you bring this development up... I had actually been meaning to post something here as well. The amount of construction is crazy! It's going to be a really great development when everything gets done. You have Signet (Zales) offices under construction and Brinker International under construction.

On the retail side, they are actually working with some pretty great tenants. Already signed is Ascension Coffee. They're also at lease with Rodeo Goat, Flying Fish, Mesero, a little Winery and a bakery.

User avatar
muncien
Posts: 901
Joined: 25 Oct 2016 08:46
Location: Cypress Waters

Re: Cypress Waters

Postby muncien » 20 Mar 2018 10:17

Kelley USA wrote:It's funny you bring this development up... I had actually been meaning to post something here as well. The amount of construction is crazy! It's going to be a really great development when everything gets done. You have Signet (Zales) offices under construction and Brinker International under construction.

On the retail side, they are actually working with some pretty great tenants. Already signed is Ascension Coffee. They're also at lease with Rodeo Goat, Flying Fish, Mesero, a little Winery and a bakery.


Thanks for the info... I was curious who else was going in over there. I'm actually moving to Cypress Waters temporarily as soon as my house closes (next two weeks). Should be fun watching some of this stuff take shape.
"He doesn't know how to use the three seashells..."

User avatar
tamtagon
Site Admin
Posts: 1662
Joined: 16 Oct 2016 12:04

Re: Cypress Waters

Postby tamtagon » 20 Mar 2018 10:44

I like that the Cotton Belt seem headed to redirect and put a station at Cypress Waters.

User avatar
WilCo
Posts: 72
Joined: 29 Jan 2018 19:34

Re: Cypress Waters

Postby WilCo » 20 Mar 2018 10:55

Kelley USA wrote:It's funny you bring this development up... I had actually been meaning to post something here as well. The amount of construction is crazy! It's going to be a really great development when everything gets done. You have Signet (Zales) offices under construction and Brinker International under construction.

On the retail side, they are actually working with some pretty great tenants. Already signed is Ascension Coffee. They're also at lease with Rodeo Goat, Flying Fish, Mesero, a little Winery and a bakery.


Wow, those are some good gets. Like another design district. I've been curious about this development too as it basically an extension of Las Colinas in my opinion and part of the overall growth of the area. Irving/Coppell & Plano/Frisco have been booming.

Tnexster
Posts: 2080
Joined: 22 Oct 2016 16:33
Location: Dallas

Re: Cypress Waters

Postby Tnexster » 25 Mar 2018 22:19

I need to get out there one of these days and just look around. All this development and I have never been near it.

User avatar
muncien
Posts: 901
Joined: 25 Oct 2016 08:46
Location: Cypress Waters

Re: Cypress Waters

Postby muncien » 13 Jun 2018 14:24

Something I noticed while exploring 'The Sound' the last few days, is the erection of a tower crane. This is the first such sighting of a tower crane in Cypress Waters as far as I can tell. It's location is just north of The Sound apartments (move ins have begun here), and roughly in between those apartments and the HQ of Signet (formerly Zales). According to the http://www.cypresswaters.com/master-plan/, this is the location of another apartment complex of about the same size as the one previously mentioned (up to 7 stories). Not sure why they need a tower crane for it. But, maybe it is slightly bigger.
On a related note... Olympus blvd, which has been opened from Beltline to Cypress Waters Blvd for a month or two, is getting closer to connecting to it's 635 terminus. Just yesterday, they finally put the power lines underground at Ranch Trail. I expect framing for that intersection to begin very soon. The rest of the concrete for that section of the road (much longer than the already open section) has been poured for a while now, but was only accessible by foot. Lots of activity around here...
"He doesn't know how to use the three seashells..."

User avatar
muncien
Posts: 901
Joined: 25 Oct 2016 08:46
Location: Cypress Waters

Re: Cypress Waters

Postby muncien » 11 Jul 2018 10:09

So... Nokia was announced as moving their HQ to Cypress Waters (two buildings currently under construction at The Sound). Their current office is in Las Colinas at the intersection of 161 & 114.

On another note that was mentioned in the Amli Fountain Place thread...
These parking ratios are getting seriously out of control. Cypress Waters, just like any office listing, touts parking ratios as one of the key strengths of their properties. Yet, if you ever go through Cypress Waters, you will find seas empty concrete even though most of the buildings are fully occupied. Even the second level of the parking garages are mostly vacant. It seems like such a waste... Even out here in the burbs.

The extent at which the developer pushes support for automobiles is almost unbeleivable. They have a mobile fueler that will drive around the parking lots and fill you car with gas as you work (no joke!). There is also a mobile oil change vendor, and car detail company. It's so crazy...
"He doesn't know how to use the three seashells..."

User avatar
DAFW
Posts: 54
Joined: 20 Sep 2017 19:46

Re: Cypress Waters

Postby DAFW » 11 Jul 2018 17:41

These parking ratios are getting seriously out of control. Cypress Waters, just like any office listing, touts parking ratios as one of the key strengths of their properties. Yet, if you ever go through Cypress Waters, you will find seas empty concrete even though most of the buildings are fully occupied. Even the second level of the parking garages are mostly vacant. It seems like such a waste... Even out here in the burbs.

The extent at which the developer pushes support for automobiles is almost unbelievable. They have a mobile fueler that will drive around the parking lots and fill your car with gas as you work (no joke!). There is also a mobile oil change vendor, and car detail company. It's so crazy...


Normally it wouldn't seem like an issue to have that much parking space... because they can be used for something else later. For example, Hall Park has plans to use their concrete parking lots as space for a new park, performing arts center, and high-density highrises. HOWEVER... with the rise of ride-sharing and self-driving cars approaching us fast. new developments like this should be PLANNING for the extinction of the parking lot relatively soon rather than building all these new ones. It makes no sense. Especially promoting the use of gas-guzzling vehicles like that.. it's gross and ineffective.

LongonBigD
Posts: 224
Joined: 25 Oct 2016 13:40
Location: Knox District

Re: Cypress Waters

Postby LongonBigD » 11 Jul 2018 18:19

DAFW wrote:Normally it wouldn't seem like an issue to have that much parking space... because they can be used for something else later. For example, Hall Park has plans to use their concrete parking lots as space for a new park, performing arts center, and high-density highrises. HOWEVER... with the rise of ride-sharing and self-driving cars approaching us fast. new developments like this should be PLANNING for the extinction of the parking lot relatively soon rather than building all these new ones. It makes no sense. Especially promoting the use of gas-guzzling vehicles like that.. it's gross and ineffective.



Not to mention the "heat island effect" and water run-off issues these seas of concrete bring with them.

User avatar
muncien
Posts: 901
Joined: 25 Oct 2016 08:46
Location: Cypress Waters

Re: Cypress Waters

Postby muncien » 24 Jul 2018 14:38

Ascension Coffee seems to be the first to sign a lease at The Sound of Cypress Waters. Opening probably not until Dec/Jan timeframe.
"He doesn't know how to use the three seashells..."

cowboyeagle05
Posts: 1815
Joined: 21 Oct 2016 08:45

Re: Cypress Waters

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 25 Jul 2018 08:39

Ascension is on a tear opening locations all over DFW. Let's hope they can survive it. Dallas past is littered with local businesses that chain opened many locations in 2-3 years and was mainly closed in less than 1.

User avatar
Kelley USA
Posts: 470
Joined: 27 Oct 2016 12:46

Re: Cypress Waters

Postby Kelley USA » 25 Jul 2018 09:40

^^ Flying Fish, Rodeo Goat and Landon Winery have also signed leases... Should be a good little group of tenants! Also they're negotiating with Mr Mesero & Eno's.

User avatar
muncien
Posts: 901
Joined: 25 Oct 2016 08:46
Location: Cypress Waters

Re: Cypress Waters

Postby muncien » 25 Jul 2018 09:50

Great lineup! Thanks for the scoop. ^^
"He doesn't know how to use the three seashells..."

User avatar
Kelley USA
Posts: 470
Joined: 27 Oct 2016 12:46

Re: Cypress Waters

Postby Kelley USA » 13 Aug 2018 11:57

Here's a little article on some of the restaurants coming to The Sound...

https://www.guidelive.com/food-and-drin ... 1533830969

User avatar
muncien
Posts: 901
Joined: 25 Oct 2016 08:46
Location: Cypress Waters

Re: Cypress Waters

Postby muncien » 28 Sep 2018 15:20

Kelley USA wrote:^^ Flying Fish, Rodeo Goat and Landon Winery have also signed leases... Should be a good little group of tenants! Also they're negotiating with Mr Mesero & Eno's.


I saw that Eno's is official now. They will be taking the location facing the sound stage that has a roof top deck. Sweet!

Also,
The Sound has really started to take shape the last few weeks. The columns rising out of the water that will support Flying Fish and Rodeo Goad have been set for a couple of weeks now, and with all the rain we had, the water levels quickly returned to their standard levels (they had pumped out a foot or two to help set the columns). The rest of the foundation where it anchors to the shore is now being set. Good stuff.
"He doesn't know how to use the three seashells..."

User avatar
Kelley USA
Posts: 470
Joined: 27 Oct 2016 12:46

Re: Cypress Waters

Postby Kelley USA » 30 Oct 2018 09:50

2 more office projects on the way... I continue to be stunned by the pace of development here and the overall ability to attract companies at a rapid pace!

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... rs-project

User avatar
muncien
Posts: 901
Joined: 25 Oct 2016 08:46
Location: Cypress Waters

Re: Cypress Waters

Postby muncien » 30 Oct 2018 09:55

Kelley USA wrote:2 more office projects on the way... I continue to be stunned by the pace of development here and the overall ability to attract companies at a rapid pace!

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... rs-project


I saw them clearing that lot over the last two weeks and was curious if an announcement was coming. The Sound is also taking shape pretty quickly. There was a lull during those rainy weeks as the entire site turned into a mud pit, but things are moving along quickly now. Lookin' good.
"He doesn't know how to use the three seashells..."

User avatar
Kelley USA
Posts: 470
Joined: 27 Oct 2016 12:46

Re: Cypress Waters

Postby Kelley USA » 30 Oct 2018 10:54

I know Cypress gets a bit of a bad wrap for too much surface parking, but overall this is a really pleasant development. You're starting to see more density and height as you get towards the back of the development. I think some of the apartments under construction now are 6 or 7 stories maybe? The Sound retail is looking pretty sharp too. I think with the amount of residential under development these places will be packed for lunch, dinner and weekends.

User avatar
muncien
Posts: 901
Joined: 25 Oct 2016 08:46
Location: Cypress Waters

Re: Cypress Waters

Postby muncien » 30 Oct 2018 12:48

Correct... The one apartment right across from the Flying Fish and Rodeo Goat spots is seven stories. The ground level units are actually two story 'town-home' style... which is a new concept for the area. There are also some two story town-home style units on top of the parking garage, with some courtyard space in between.
Most other buildings are four to five stories, mixed with some more traditional town-home style apartments wrapped around (hiding) the neighboring office parking garage. According to the site plan, some of the next residential buildings to go up should be mid-rise. We'll see if they stick to that.
Other than the massive Signet Jewelers parking lot (which itself was supposed to be a garage), there is very little surface parking in The Sound area, and the architecture is certainly better than the initial phase of Cypress Waters. While it's technically still tilt wall construction, they have set some industry firsts (tallest tilt section in the state, and some others), and incorporated various materials to disguise the fact that it's mostly concrete.
Also, the streets are very pedestrian friendly, with no turning lanes, curb bumouts, wide sidewalks, textured crossings, and lots of parallel parking and other traffic calming measures. It should be quite the little pedestrian oasis when done... surrounded by a sea of auto-oriented development, of course. lol
"He doesn't know how to use the three seashells..."

User avatar
Warrior2015
Posts: 129
Joined: 15 Jun 2018 21:19

Re: Cypress Waters

Postby Warrior2015 » 30 Oct 2018 15:52

Kelley USA wrote:2 more office projects on the way... I continue to be stunned by the pace of development here and the overall ability to attract companies at a rapid pace!

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... rs-project

Is this in Irving?

User avatar
The_Overdog
Posts: 418
Joined: 21 Oct 2016 14:55

Re: Cypress Waters

Postby The_Overdog » 30 Oct 2018 16:20

The one apartment right across from the Flying Fish and Rodeo Goat spots is seven stories.


Right, and compare and contrast that to the same restaurants and basically the same layout in Plano at Heritage Creekside on G Bush and Alma - there is a big parking lot next to single family homes, no real interaction with the creek and the parking structure across the creek, and the parking lot is 'fake' new urban, ie: lots of broken up spaces instead of a giant Wal-Mart lot but aimless, directionless, and incomplete sidewalks and lousy pedestrian infrastruture, and long distances from the perfectly fine apartments and offices across the street. Irving and Cypress Waters buildout is way better.

User avatar
R1070
Posts: 680
Joined: 26 Oct 2016 21:00

Re: Cypress Waters

Postby R1070 » 30 Oct 2018 21:46

Warrior2015 wrote:
Kelley USA wrote:2 more office projects on the way... I continue to be stunned by the pace of development here and the overall ability to attract companies at a rapid pace!

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... rs-project

Is this in Irving?


I think it's technically within the Dallas City Limits and borders Coppell on one side and Irving on the other.

LongonBigD
Posts: 224
Joined: 25 Oct 2016 13:40
Location: Knox District

Re: Cypress Waters

Postby LongonBigD » 30 Oct 2018 22:30

R1070 wrote:
Warrior2015 wrote:Is this in Irving?


I think it's technically within the Dallas City Limits and borders Coppell on one side and Irving on the other.


It is Dallas. Look for “North Lake” on the map north of I635 and SE of where South/North Beltline connects to East Beltline (just NE of DFW Airport).

Originally the reservoir was built to cool a Dallas Power & Light electric plant. Coppell fought hard against Dallas developing this land because all those apartments and townhomes are within the Coppell school district.

User avatar
muncien
Posts: 901
Joined: 25 Oct 2016 08:46
Location: Cypress Waters

Re: Cypress Waters

Postby muncien » 31 Oct 2018 08:40

Interestingly enough... The land where most of the construction is going on now used to be known as 'North Lake Park'. That park was technically an Irving park. They leased the land from Dallas to have the park to serve the North Irving residents to the east and south. While most of the park infrastructure has been removed, there are some 'ruins' of picnic canopies and even an old restroom along the east/southeastern flank (you have to hike to them). You used to be able to take a boat out and fish even... although you couldn't eat the fish due to chemical levels in the lake.
"He doesn't know how to use the three seashells..."

User avatar
TNWE
Posts: 178
Joined: 03 May 2017 09:42

Re: Cypress Waters

Postby TNWE » 31 Oct 2018 15:00

muncien wrote:Interestingly enough... The land where most of the construction is going on now used to be known as 'North Lake Park'. That park was technically an Irving park. They leased the land from Dallas to have the park to serve the North Irving residents to the east and south. While most of the park infrastructure has been removed, there are some 'ruins' of picnic canopies and even an old restroom along the east/southeastern flank (you have to hike to them). You used to be able to take a boat out and fish even... although you couldn't eat the fish due to chemical levels in the lake.


I remember when I first moved to Las Colinas in 2013 and was looking for things to do in the area. I saw "North Lake Park" on google maps and was sorely disappointed when I finally checked it out, lol. I think at that point the power plant was being decommissioned and the lake drained somewhat.

cowboyeagle05
Posts: 1815
Joined: 21 Oct 2016 08:45

Re: Cypress Waters

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 01 Nov 2018 21:00

Reminds me kind of the lake park Dallas sold to Rowlett. Now that park was at least a little prettier but it was kinds just barely existing out there until the city of Dallas finally sold it.

Tnexster
Posts: 2080
Joined: 22 Oct 2016 16:33
Location: Dallas

Re: Cypress Waters

Postby Tnexster » 27 Nov 2018 20:21

New Cypress Waters office project on the way is one of two buildings planned

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... gs-planned

User avatar
Kelley USA
Posts: 470
Joined: 27 Oct 2016 12:46

Re: Cypress Waters

Postby Kelley USA » 07 Dec 2018 10:45

The Flying Saucer has finalized a lease for The Sound... Not really that surprising seeing as the same company also owns Flying Fish & Rodeo Goat. That's a good addition!

User avatar
muncien
Posts: 901
Joined: 25 Oct 2016 08:46
Location: Cypress Waters

Re: Cypress Waters

Postby muncien » 07 Dec 2018 12:12

Kelley USA wrote:The Flying Saucer has finalized a lease for The Sound... Not really that surprising seeing as the same company also owns Flying Fish & Rodeo Goat. That's a good addition!


Awesome news! I'll be glad that one is in walking distance.

You know... with Brinker International anchoring one of the key buildings along The Sound, I was kinda wondering if they would try to bring a Maggiano's into the development. I know that is not what Billingsly is going for, and not really something I would want, but it would kinda make sense being such a key corporate tenant. Heck, even the 7/11 HQ opened an actual 7/11 in their building.
"He doesn't know how to use the three seashells..."

User avatar
muncien
Posts: 901
Joined: 25 Oct 2016 08:46
Location: Cypress Waters

Re: Cypress Waters

Postby muncien » 14 Dec 2018 13:14

The master plan for Cypress Waters continues to get refine, allowing for a little more detail of what's to come. The lastest version (updated last month) shows even more 'office' space than previous versions, which continues the trend seen lately. In addition, phase previously dubbed 'single-family' (at the bottom/right section) has been completely removed, and the remaining multi-family seems to be a little more dense than previous, suggesting that they may be trying to squeeze their approved number of units into fewer and fewer buildings.
The downside of all the new 'office' space is the vast increase of surface parking and parking garages, that are already drastically underused.
The link can be found here... https://static1.squarespace.com/static/56cb4a7901dbae33a8212a51/t/5c0aab78b8a045f531db0177/1544203130002/CW+Masterplan+-+Nov+2018.pdf
"He doesn't know how to use the three seashells..."

User avatar
muncien
Posts: 901
Joined: 25 Oct 2016 08:46
Location: Cypress Waters

Re: Cypress Waters

Postby muncien » 18 Jan 2019 09:12

Please excuse my super dark pictures from my vintage iphone 6s. I was hoping to capture that much of public space at The Sound at Cypress Waters has been completed, and they have turned on the lighting. There is a dog park, stage, seating areas, and a row of retail that has begun finish out (I'm betting Ascension Coffee will be the first out the gates).
If anybody nearby has a more respectable camera, it may be worth it to snag a few pics. Lots of changes recently...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"He doesn't know how to use the three seashells..."

User avatar
muncien
Posts: 901
Joined: 25 Oct 2016 08:46
Location: Cypress Waters

Re: Cypress Waters

Postby muncien » 19 Feb 2019 14:34

As of this past weekend, Olympus blvd is now open (finally) connecting 635 to Cypress Waters.
Office Buildings:
The first panel of the next tilt wall office building has gone up (yesterday), and the site of the next office building (in front of Signet Jewelers HQ) has been cleared and will likely begin soon after the walls on the previous one are done. These are all along Olympus if anyone were interested. It has been some time since any new construction along Cypress Waters blvd.
Nokia's primary building has had most windows installed and looks somewhat close to being water tight.
Brinker International has also moved into their new digs over the last two weeks.

As for retail:
Ascension is humming right along with interior framing and plumbing being wrapped up. Both Flying Fish and Rodeo Goat have exterior framing nearly completed. No sign of activity on Eno's pizza, Flying Saucer, or the other establishments as of yet.

Residential:
The two newest communities (Harper's and Byron Bay) have had considerable framing go up over the past few weeks and even some windows installed on their southern end (adjacent to Bleeker and The Wharf). Also, the tri-level town homes wrapping the office parking garage have had brick exteriors go up over the past two weeks. It's a shame those are rentals as I'm sure they would fetch a good sale price in this area.

It seems construction has really picked up since the heavier rains of fall have subsided. The Sound itself looks great, and has electrical and USB charging stations throughout. They have also installed speakers in the landscaping (similar to previous parks in the area), but no music as of yet.
"He doesn't know how to use the three seashells..."

User avatar
Kelley USA
Posts: 470
Joined: 27 Oct 2016 12:46

Re: Cypress Waters

Postby Kelley USA » 19 Feb 2019 14:38

Thanks for the update! I've been really impressed by this one. I wonder how well the restaurants are going to do in the evening... I imagine they'll get a HH bump from all the workers, and obviously they'll be brisk at lunch, but curious how they'll fair on say a Saturday night?!

User avatar
muncien
Posts: 901
Joined: 25 Oct 2016 08:46
Location: Cypress Waters

Re: Cypress Waters

Postby muncien » 18 Mar 2019 16:51

I just got back from being out of town for most of spring break to find that a dozen of the new townhomes built in Cypress Waters seem to have lost a fight with the winds last week. They were probably about 70% complete when I left, just needing their brick veneer, and innards done. But I guess that brick is what gave the building their wind resistance. Now, they all just got thrown back about 12 feet into the parking garage and the bottom floor was pancaked. That's not a comforting feeling for folks moving into the rest of them that are still standing. Yikes!
"He doesn't know how to use the three seashells..."

User avatar
Tivo_Kenevil
Posts: 1341
Joined: 20 Oct 2016 12:24

Re: Cypress Waters

Postby Tivo_Kenevil » 18 Mar 2019 22:48

muncien wrote:I just got back from being out of town for most of spring break to find that a dozen of the new townhomes built in Cypress Waters seem to have lost a fight with the winds last week. They were probably about 70% complete when I left, just needing their brick veneer, and innards done. But I guess that brick is what gave the building their wind resistance. Now, they all just got thrown back about 12 feet into the parking garage and the bottom floor was pancaked. That's not a comforting feeling for folks moving into the rest of them that are still standing. Yikes!



Here's the Reddit post

https://www.reddit.com/r/Dallas/comment ... urce=share

User avatar
The_Overdog
Posts: 418
Joined: 21 Oct 2016 14:55

Re: Cypress Waters

Postby The_Overdog » 19 Mar 2019 09:14

That same windstorm stole the top half of my basketball goal, and I've asked all my neighbors and searched the parking lots around my home and it is g-o-n-e gone. I swear it flew to a different city. Crazy!

User avatar
Kelley USA
Posts: 470
Joined: 27 Oct 2016 12:46

Re: Cypress Waters

Postby Kelley USA » 19 Mar 2019 09:38

I will say they did get some serious wind... Half the utility poles right there along Beltline were knocked down and some were even snapped in half. Tons more leaning over. They must have gotten 80+ straight line winds. Still cause for concern though!

User avatar
muncien
Posts: 901
Joined: 25 Oct 2016 08:46
Location: Cypress Waters

Re: Cypress Waters

Postby muncien » 01 Apr 2019 13:32

Interesting observation from the apartments at The Sound over the weekend. They appear to be testing a new 7/11 concept within the apartment building itself. This 7/11 is quite small, has key fob access only, and it doesn't appear to have any registers or employees. It looks more like a micro version of one of those Amazon Go stores, where you have limited access, and shoppers scan/pay on their own. I have heard nothing of this, but it was interesting to see in person. Of course, 7/11 HQ is right down the street, so it makes some sense to test such a concept in your own backyard.

For those interested in seeing for yourself... This is located right next to the massive gym of the complex facing The Sound. It appears to have fob controlled doors to the exterior of the building as well as toward the common area by the gym.
"He doesn't know how to use the three seashells..."

User avatar
Matt777
Posts: 648
Joined: 28 Oct 2016 09:10

Re: Cypress Waters

Postby Matt777 » 01 Apr 2019 14:16

muncien wrote:Interesting observation from the apartments at The Sound over the weekend. They appear to be testing a new 7/11 concept within the apartment building itself. This 7/11 is quite small, has key fob access only, and it doesn't appear to have any registers or employees. It looks more like a micro version of one of those Amazon Go stores, where you have limited access, and shoppers scan/pay on their own. I have heard nothing of this, but it was interesting to see in person. Of course, 7/11 HQ is right down the street, so it makes some sense to test such a concept in your own backyard.

For those interested in seeing for yourself... This is located right next to the massive gym of the complex facing The Sound. It appears to have fob controlled doors to the exterior of the building as well as toward the common area by the gym.


Sounds very interesting. No pics?

User avatar
muncien
Posts: 901
Joined: 25 Oct 2016 08:46
Location: Cypress Waters

Re: Cypress Waters

Postby muncien » 01 Apr 2019 14:25

Matt777 wrote:
muncien wrote:Interesting observation from the apartments at The Sound over the weekend. They appear to be testing a new 7/11 concept within the apartment building itself. This 7/11 is quite small, has key fob access only, and it doesn't appear to have any registers or employees. It looks more like a micro version of one of those Amazon Go stores, where you have limited access, and shoppers scan/pay on their own. I have heard nothing of this, but it was interesting to see in person. Of course, 7/11 HQ is right down the street, so it makes some sense to test such a concept in your own backyard.

For those interested in seeing for yourself... This is located right next to the massive gym of the complex facing The Sound. It appears to have fob controlled doors to the exterior of the building as well as toward the common area by the gym.


Sounds very interesting. No pics?

Not much to see... But, here's what I got.
711concept.JPG

Sorry... I don't know why it's sideways. There are several beverage and snack coolers as best I can tell. I didn't want to look like a creeper by peeping in the windows, so that's all I could see.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"He doesn't know how to use the three seashells..."

User avatar
Matt777
Posts: 648
Joined: 28 Oct 2016 09:10

Re: Cypress Waters

Postby Matt777 » 01 Apr 2019 15:09

muncien wrote:
Matt777 wrote:
muncien wrote:Interesting observation from the apartments at The Sound over the weekend. They appear to be testing a new 7/11 concept within the apartment building itself. This 7/11 is quite small, has key fob access only, and it doesn't appear to have any registers or employees. It looks more like a micro version of one of those Amazon Go stores, where you have limited access, and shoppers scan/pay on their own. I have heard nothing of this, but it was interesting to see in person. Of course, 7/11 HQ is right down the street, so it makes some sense to test such a concept in your own backyard.

For those interested in seeing for yourself... This is located right next to the massive gym of the complex facing The Sound. It appears to have fob controlled doors to the exterior of the building as well as toward the common area by the gym.


Sounds very interesting. No pics?

Not much to see... But, here's what I got.
711concept.JPG
Sorry... I don't know why it's sideways. There are several beverage and snack coolers as best I can tell. I didn't want to look like a creeper by peeping in the windows, so that's all I could see.


I've been told this is probably one of their new "micro market" concepts.

User avatar
muncien
Posts: 901
Joined: 25 Oct 2016 08:46
Location: Cypress Waters

Re: Cypress Waters

Postby muncien » 16 Apr 2019 09:53

Yesterday was the official opening of the Micro 7/11 store at The Sound in Cypress Waters. Shoppers must use the 7/11 app and use the 'Pay, Scan, Go' feature. Essentially, you scan the items as you shop, pay through the app using your preset payment method (defaults to Apple Pay for IOS devices), and then scan a bar code from your screen on a reader as you exit.
Unfortunately, the shop is access controlled by Key FOB only. The FOB is provided to both residents of the apartments here, as well as neighboring employers. The FOB was originally intended just for the adjacent gym access (massive and beautiful gym!), but the 7/11 lady that was on site for the day told me that they managed to negotiate to allow access to business folks as well.
I was not able to get a FOB as I live in the original apartments a few blocks up (different management). Perhaps one day they will expand access to others using the phones NFC chip in lieu of a FOB. Who knows. But it is a cool little concept. It'a not very big... maybe 1/4 to 1/3 the size of a typical 7/11. Pretty much just one isle with coolers full of snacks and beverages on both sides.
"He doesn't know how to use the three seashells..."

User avatar
vman
Posts: 115
Joined: 24 Oct 2016 07:44

Re: Cypress Waters

Postby vman » 16 Apr 2019 10:45

Another office building for Cypress Waters

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... ess-waters


"We have decided to go 10 stories on it," said Billingsley Co. partner Lucy Burns. "We are working with O'Brien Architects on the project."


The planned high-rise would be constructed on Olympus Boulevard as part of Billingsley's mixed-use Sound development on the shore of the lake.

The proposed office tower would be across the street from restaurant firm Brinker International's new headquarters.

User avatar
muncien
Posts: 901
Joined: 25 Oct 2016 08:46
Location: Cypress Waters

Re: Cypress Waters

Postby muncien » 16 Apr 2019 11:03

^^^
Wow. That is much bigger than any office space they had in their previous master plans. Up until now, the only real midrise (sorry, I can't call 10 floors 'high-rise') was going to be residential. So far, every new iteration of their master planned has shifted more and more to the 'office' aspect. But, it seems they still intend to get their multi-family goal, by simply increasing density of those buildings as well.
People I talk to mention that 'The Sound' looks like an entire city being built from scratch. Not too far off...
"He doesn't know how to use the three seashells..."

User avatar
Kelley USA
Posts: 470
Joined: 27 Oct 2016 12:46

Re: Cypress Waters

Postby Kelley USA » 16 Apr 2019 11:36

I wonder if they'll incorporate any additional retail / restaurant space into the ground-floor of this building?! I continue to be impressed with the overall development and rapid pace at which they're building and leasing! If I didn't enjoy living in Las Colinas Urban Center so much this would be an option for me...

Also, thanks muncien for the 7-11 update. Sounds like a cool concept!

User avatar
muncien
Posts: 901
Joined: 25 Oct 2016 08:46
Location: Cypress Waters

Re: Cypress Waters

Postby muncien » 16 Apr 2019 13:28

If the remainder of the master plan holds true, the new 10-story office building will sit just behind another set of one and two story restaurant/retail on the opposite side of the sound from what has already been built. I have seen some underground utility work there over the last couple of weeks, but nothing that would reach the surface as of yet. So, I'm not sure if they intend to build that out before the tower (similar to how they did the other side), or possibly wait until it's well under way. Also, the new tower will be the first non-tilt wall office construction of the development, if I'm not mistaken.
"He doesn't know how to use the three seashells..."

User avatar
muncien
Posts: 901
Joined: 25 Oct 2016 08:46
Location: Cypress Waters

Re: Cypress Waters

Postby muncien » 17 May 2019 12:36

The latest intel I have gathered this week in regards to The Sound is that both Ascension and Landon Winery are expected to open tomorrow. Flying Saucer schedule (taped to glass and viewed in reverse) shows a certificate of occupancy on the 24th. But that seems aggressive based on the amount of work that still needs to be done. Eno's seems to be in the same condition, if not just slightly ahead. I don't have any dirt on Flying Fish or Rodeo Goad. They have been fenced off for some time, but it looks like those fences are coming down and the pedestrian trail has been connected.
The Sound will be having it's 'Grand Opening' next weekend... May be a good chance to check the place out if you haven't had a chance to. It's like it's own little city. lol
"He doesn't know how to use the three seashells..."

User avatar
muncien
Posts: 901
Joined: 25 Oct 2016 08:46
Location: Cypress Waters

Re: Cypress Waters

Postby muncien » 28 May 2019 10:47

TheSound001.jpg
Here are some pics from the official grand opening of The Sound at Cypress waters on Saturday...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"He doesn't know how to use the three seashells..."


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Login