Dallas Fort Worth Urban Forum

Arlington: Globe Life Field

User avatar
jrd1964
Posts: 390
Joined: 19 Oct 2016 06:38

Arlington: Globe Life Field

Postby jrd1964 » 01 Mar 2018 15:11

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news ... -take.html

A construction update. Work has begun on the concrete columns after months of clearing the site and prep work.

The new Rangers field will seat 40,000 and will be ready in March of 2020.

User avatar
Tucy
Posts: 519
Joined: 19 Oct 2016 12:50

Re: Arlington: Globe Life Field

Postby Tucy » 01 Mar 2018 16:05

jrd1964 wrote:https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news/2018/02/28/texas-rangers-1-1b-globe-life-field-begins-to-take.html

A construction update. Work has begun on the concrete columns after months of clearing the site and prep work.

The new Rangers field will seat 40,000 and will be ready in March of 2020.


I had not realized it was going to be so much smaller than Globe Life Park.

User avatar
Tivo_Kenevil
Posts: 1282
Joined: 20 Oct 2016 12:24

Re: Arlington: Globe Life Field

Postby Tivo_Kenevil » 01 Mar 2018 17:53

Tucy wrote:
jrd1964 wrote:https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news/2018/02/28/texas-rangers-1-1b-globe-life-field-begins-to-take.html

A construction update. Work has begun on the concrete columns after months of clearing the site and prep work.

The new Rangers field will seat 40,000 and will be ready in March of 2020.


I had not realized it was going to be so much smaller than Globe Life Park.


Truth be told most MLB stadiums are over built. So many empty seats.

User avatar
muncien
Posts: 866
Joined: 25 Oct 2016 08:46
Location: Cypress Waters

Re: Arlington: Globe Life Field

Postby muncien » 02 Mar 2018 09:38

Tivo_Kenevil wrote:
Tucy wrote:
jrd1964 wrote:https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news/2018/02/28/texas-rangers-1-1b-globe-life-field-begins-to-take.html

A construction update. Work has begun on the concrete columns after months of clearing the site and prep work.

The new Rangers field will seat 40,000 and will be ready in March of 2020.


I had not realized it was going to be so much smaller than Globe Life Park.


Truth be told most MLB stadiums are over built. So many empty seats.


My thoughts exactly... 40k should be about the max for baseball stadiums in this day and age. I'm really impressed that they actually took this approach.
"He doesn't know how to use the three seashells..."

User avatar
Tivo_Kenevil
Posts: 1282
Joined: 20 Oct 2016 12:24

Re: Arlington: Globe Life Field

Postby Tivo_Kenevil » 02 Mar 2018 10:24

muncien wrote:
Tivo_Kenevil wrote:
Tucy wrote:
I had not realized it was going to be so much smaller than Globe Life Park.


Truth be told most MLB stadiums are over built. So many empty seats.


My thoughts exactly... 40k should be about the max for baseball stadiums in this day and age. I'm really impressed that they actually took this approach.

It'll actually create a more lively atmosphere.

User avatar
tamtagon
Site Admin
Posts: 1606
Joined: 16 Oct 2016 12:04

Re: Arlington: Globe Life Field

Postby tamtagon » 02 Mar 2018 10:52

^and more profit

User avatar
Tucy
Posts: 519
Joined: 19 Oct 2016 12:50

Re: Arlington: Globe Life Field

Postby Tucy » 02 Mar 2018 11:07

Yes, the trend in MLB for quite some time has been to smaller (40,000-ish) stadia. But Arlington and DFW like to do things bigger, so I had not realized we had joined the trend.

User avatar
tamtagon
Site Admin
Posts: 1606
Joined: 16 Oct 2016 12:04

Re: Arlington: Globe Life Field

Postby tamtagon » 02 Mar 2018 11:16

...cannot wait to see the mixed use version of the retractable roof Baseball Stadium that attaches to the Dallas Convention Center and connects to the Trinity River Park Overlook, Union Station, HSR Stations (I-45 and I-35).

User avatar
muncien
Posts: 866
Joined: 25 Oct 2016 08:46
Location: Cypress Waters

Re: Arlington: Globe Life Field

Postby muncien » 02 Mar 2018 11:29

tamtagon wrote:...cannot wait to see the mixed use version of the retractable roof Baseball Stadium that attaches to the Dallas Convention Center and connects to the Trinity River Park Overlook, Union Station, HSR Stations (I-45 and I-35).


Don't forget the unicycling jugglers and solar powered hovercrafts... As long as it has those, I'm in! :lol:

For real though... as cool as such a thing would be, I'm pretty sure our city leaders will never, ever, find a way to make it happen. But at least we have 'The Standing Wave'... oh, wait.
"He doesn't know how to use the three seashells..."

User avatar
Tucy
Posts: 519
Joined: 19 Oct 2016 12:50

Re: Arlington: Globe Life Field

Postby Tucy » 02 Mar 2018 12:34

tamtagon wrote:...cannot wait to see the mixed use version of the retractable roof Baseball Stadium that attaches to the Dallas Convention Center and connects to the Trinity River Park Overlook, Union Station, HSR Stations (I-45 and I-35).


:lol: You forgot your 2,000 hotel rooms.

User avatar
tamtagon
Site Admin
Posts: 1606
Joined: 16 Oct 2016 12:04

Re: Arlington: Globe Life Field

Postby tamtagon » 02 Mar 2018 19:11

Tucy wrote:
tamtagon wrote:...cannot wait to see the mixed use version of the retractable roof Baseball Stadium that attaches to the Dallas Convention Center and connects to the Trinity River Park Overlook, Union Station, HSR Stations (I-45 and I-35).


:lol: You forgot your 2,000 hotel rooms.


That vision was posted for you, T!

itsjrd1964
Posts: 553
Joined: 28 Jul 2018 07:38

Re: Arlington: Globe Life Field

Postby itsjrd1964 » 16 Jan 2019 19:20

Grass or turf? The Texas Rangers are on the verge of picking an unpopular choice, but it might be the right one

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/texas- ... -right-one

itsjrd1964
Posts: 553
Joined: 28 Jul 2018 07:38

Re: Arlington: Globe Life Field

Postby itsjrd1964 » 19 Jan 2019 04:26

Texas Rangers Fans Learn Some Season Ticket Prices Will Quadruple in New Ballpark

I guess it's good I'm not that big of a Rangers fan. It's easier and cheaper to watch at home.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/sports/Some ... 76041.html

itsjrd1964
Posts: 553
Joined: 28 Jul 2018 07:38

Re: Arlington: Globe Life Field

Postby itsjrd1964 » 02 Feb 2019 04:07

Faking it: Texas Rangers opt for artificial playing surface instead of natural grass at new stadium

http://www.fox4news.com/sports/rangers/ ... ew-stadium

itsjrd1964
Posts: 553
Joined: 28 Jul 2018 07:38

Re: Arlington: Globe Life Field

Postby itsjrd1964 » 14 Feb 2019 14:40

And here it comes: Fans are irate at Rangers’ ticket pricing plans for new ballpark

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/sp ... 74755.html

itsjrd1964
Posts: 553
Joined: 28 Jul 2018 07:38

Re: Arlington: Globe Life Field

Postby itsjrd1964 » 13 Mar 2019 21:59

D Magazine thinks renderings of the upcoming Rangers ballpark make it look like Minute Maid Park, where the Houston Astros play.

https://www.dmagazine.com/frontburner/2 ... nute-maid/


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Login