Dallas Fort Worth Urban Forum

Cypress Waters

vman

Re: Cypress Waters

Postby vman » 28 May 2019 11:52

^^
Looks like it was a really good turnout, especially in a development I consider somewhat isolated and under the radar.

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 28 May 2019 12:19

Drove through here on Sunday. Really impressive! Got out and walked The Sound. The restaurants are looking good. High-quality tenants with some great build-outs. I wonder if they have any plans to add a hotel to the mix? I can see a business class hotel on the water, perhaps a Marriott or Hilton or really cool boutique hotel. Something with conference space. With all the Corporate offices in this development I think it would make sense. Could have a great pool area that overlooks the lake, and there are plenty of restaurants that visitors could walk to.

muncien

Postby muncien » 28 May 2019 12:28

Kelley USA wrote:Drove through here on Sunday. Really impressive! Got out and walked The Sound. The restaurants are looking good. High-quality tenants with some great build-outs. I wonder if they have any plans to add a hotel to the mix? I can see a business class hotel on the water, perhaps a Marriott or Hilton or really cool boutique hotel. Something with conference space. With all the Corporate offices in this development I think it would make sense. Could have a great pool area that overlooks the lake, and there are plenty of restaurants that visitors could walk to.

Funny you mention this. I have thought the same thing, but never seen any mention of it on the master plan. While at Ascension the other day, I did overhear mention of a hotel coming from a conversation at the neighboring table. They were some industry folks, but based on some of the other information offered, I don't think they really know what they're talking about, so I wouldn't read much into it. *** I know... I was being creepy... my bad ***
But it does seem like a no-brainer.

Also last week, I saw some cores being drilled on the site of the proposed 10-story building. I'll have to keep an eye on that one.

All restaurants are supposed to be 'officially' open by Thursday. I think they all made it in time for the grand opening (not sure about Eno's), but today and tomorrow are demo days only... for most.
"He doesn't know how to use the three seashells..."

itsjrd1964

Postby itsjrd1964 » 28 May 2019 21:46

There was a SpringHill Suites due to come to a spot by/near Belt Line/Hackberry but that project seems to have stalled. The property isn't on Marriott's online coming-soon list either. So far, the only close hotel with conference space is the Four Points-Sheraton on the west side of Belt Line. I don't know of any other planned hotels in that vicinity except the Tru by Hilton going in just north of the Four Points.

muncien

Postby muncien » 29 May 2019 09:11

itsjrd1964 wrote:There was a SpringHill Suites due to come to a spot by/near Belt Line/Hackberry but that project seems to have stalled. The property isn't on Marriott's online coming-soon list either. So far, the only close hotel with conference space is the Four Points-Sheraton on the west side of Belt Line. I don't know of any other planned hotels in that vicinity except the Tru by Hilton going in just north of the Four Points.

That SpringHill site is a total dump. I know it's not technically a part of Cypress Waters, but it sits on it's doorstep. I am certain that Billingsly doesn't appreciate the mess of weed covered PVC pipe sticking out of the ground among knocked over porta-potties as the first impression of many visitors. I haven't seen any work on that side for months.
"He doesn't know how to use the three seashells..."

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 29 May 2019 13:39

On another note, the Point West shopping center going up just on the other side of Beltline seems to be coming along. They've already announced Panera Bread and Dunkin Donuts as tenants, along with Great Clips and a Mexican restaurant.