Dallas Fort Worth Urban Forum

Mountain Creek

Tnexster

Mountain Creek

Postby Tnexster » 02 Nov 2016 17:10

Online pet retailer takes a big bite out of Dallas warehouse space

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/real ... ouse-space

Chewy Inc. just leased 663,000 square-feet of warehouse space for its first area regional distribution center in Southwest Dallas at 7243 Grady Niblo Road. The building was rented from Crow Holdings.

Tnexster

Re: Mountain Creek

Postby Tnexster » 25 Jul 2017 15:21

Mountain Creek area is getting really busy all of a sudden. First Industrial started clearing 100 acres along Mountain Creek Drive south of I-20 for a 1.2 million sf warehouse project, Exxon station started north of I-20 and two smaller parcels rezoned for smaller warehouse/industrial on Merrifield Drive. There may be additional retail space next to the gas station. Further north along Mountain Creek is another massive tree clearing operation for a new warehouse/light industrial park. Originally planned for housing it has now been recast as more warehouse space. Never an end to that.

Overlooking the First Industrial project is a plan for about 450 additional apartments. Not sure of the status on those but they will likely be approved.

The I-20 corridor continues to sail along.

anon

Postby anon » 25 Jul 2017 15:39

Tnexster wrote:
Overlooking the First Industrial project is a plan for about 450 additional apartments. Not sure of the status on those but they will likely be approved.

The I-20 corridor continues to sail along.

Where will the apartments be?

I just wish the retail will get here fast. It's so annoying having to go to Grand Prairie or Cedar Hill for retail.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 25 Jul 2017 15:49

The apartments are on top of the hill where Eagle Ford Drive ends at Camp Wisdom. There are already apartments there, the developer just wants to add two more phases so the complex will be quite large when finished. I believe I counted around 440 new units. There was some issue about fire truck access to the back side of the property so I am not sure what they did about that yet.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 25 Jul 2017 15:51

Large scale retail may never come, with Grand Prairie scheduled to add a million sf around IKEA including something like 24 restaurant pad sites and five hotels we may never see retail migrate towards Mountain Creek in any large quantity. At least there is that new grocery story going in across the street from Wal-Mart.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 17 Aug 2017 10:30

Mountain Creek Business Park to get bigger with two-building project in South Dallas

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news ... -with.html

A Dallas-based developer behind the 590-acre Mountain Creek Business Park in South Dallas plans to begin construction on a two-building speculative project, which will add more than 150,000 square feet of industrial space to the park.

"All the industrial land in the (South Dallas) corridor are pretty much gone," Jon Napper, managing partner and founder of Dallas-based Courtland Development, told the Dallas Business Journal.

That success has brought thousands of employees to Mountain Creek Business Park, with the latest tally at about 3,300 employees. But there aren't a lot of amenities to support the workforce, Napper said.

The longtime Dallas developer is hunting for an apartment developer that could start the initial phase of an apartment community project that could total about 800 units upon completion.

The developer already has two restaurants — Texas Best Smokehouse and Sonic — and an Exxon gas station underway to help expand Mountain Creek Business Park's surrounding amenities.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 12 Dec 2017 22:06

Some buzz around Mountain Creek today as word got out that Norma's Cafe may be looking at a new location at Mountain Creek right next to the new Exxon station going up.