Dallas Fort Worth Urban Forum

The Colony: Grandscape

Tnexster

The Colony: Grandscape

Postby Tnexster » 23 Mar 2017 15:17

Buffett-backed Grandscape bringing retail-centric addition to massive $1.5B project

http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news/ ... j=77730761

Nebraska Furniture Mart-anchored mixed-use development Grandscape will soon get a retail-centric addition as developers get underway with a new lifestyle center.

The massive $1.5 billion project — backed by business magnate Warren Buffett — will get the addition north of Omaha, Nebraska-based Nebraska Furniture Mart in the more than 400-acre mixed-use project in The Colony.

Tnexster

Re: The Colony: Grandscape

Postby Tnexster » 28 Mar 2017 15:11

Buffett-backed Grandscape to get new 100-acre centerpiece to create a place 'like no other'

http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news/ ... -acre.html

Grandscape — the Warren Buffett-backed $1.5 billion, 433-acre mixed-use development in The Colony — will get a new centerpiece to the Nebraska Furniture Mart-anchored project: A 100-acre lifestyle center.

The lifestyle center, which is about the size of Toyota North America's new corporate campus at Plano's Legacy West, will bring roughly 1.5 million square feet of residential office and a number of attractions to this part of The Colony, Jeff Lind, president of Grandscape, told the Dallas Business Journal.

DAFW

Postby DAFW » 26 Jun 2018 02:46

Originally Posted by Warrior2015:
Hey didn't see a thread about this development. Honestly from the renderings, it looks as if this could be a great unique development. Here's a 3 minute video showing what it's going to look like. https://youtu.be/-uHpjiHRwNs

https://youtu.be/-uHpjiHRwNs

In one word to describe that retail strip in Grandscape, it would have to be Incredible. If you haven't seen the video. please take the time to watch it. I'm pretty shocked, it looks like its going to be really cool... I'd also love to see what everyone else thinks, The Outdoor "Zero Gravity" track is probably my favorite touch. Or maybe its the below ground jungle area(?) whew!

exelone31

Postby exelone31 » 26 Jun 2018 08:34

Didn't see the zero gravity track in the rendering, not sure what that is.

Looks nice. I'm curious to see how it ends up being received. There's tons of retail centers close by with Stonebriar, Shops and Legacy and Legacy West. Will this make something like Stonebriar obsolete, will everything be able to coexist?

Warrior2015

Postby Warrior2015 » 26 Jun 2018 09:43

exelone31 wrote:Didn't see the zero gravity track in the rendering, not sure what that is.

Looks nice. I'm curious to see how it ends up being received. There's tons of retail centers close by with Stonebriar, Shops and Legacy and Legacy West. Will this make something like Stonebriar obsolete, will everything be able to coexist?

They say that they are bringing in mostly all retailers that aren't already in DFW. So it's going to have unique retailers and not the traditional retailers like you see everywhere else.

DAFW

Postby DAFW » 26 Jun 2018 14:46

Here is what i was talking about,

The neon green and yellow structure in the left side of the image is a zero-gravity track, If you've been to Main Event (quick example I could think of) they have this similar thing except it is indoors. Basically you are put in a harness and suspended to the top of the track by a rope, then you can walk freely around the designated track, and if you slip or fall while completing an obstacle, the rope will be there to catch you. This one looks much cooler though because you can traverse throughout the trees and down the retail strip! Quite an experience.

They say that they are bringing in mostly all retailers that aren't already in DFW. So it's going to have unique retailers and not the traditional retailers like you see everywhere else.

I also love that they are doing this because the super cool amenities and exclusive shops are going to secure Grandscape as a VERY unique destination spot for people of all ages. Neither Stonebriar, The Shops of Legacy or Legacy West is doing anything like this. If anything Grandscape will have the upper hand. Brilliant

As for Stonebriar becoming obsolete... It's impossible because the retailers at Stonebriar arent the same ones you will find at Grandscape, its a completely new and different shopping experience that shouldn't take away from the existing shopping centers in the area.

Warrior2015

Postby Warrior2015 » 27 Jun 2018 10:10

DAFW wrote:

Here is what i was talking about,

The neon green and yellow structure in the left side of the image is a zero-gravity track, If you've been to Main Event (quick example I could think of) they have this similar thing except it is indoors. Basically you are put in a harness and suspended to the top of the track by a rope, then you can walk freely around the designated track, and if you slip or fall while completing an obstacle, the rope will be there to catch you. This one looks much cooler though because you can traverse throughout the trees and down the retail strip! Quite an experience.

I also love that they are doing this because the super cool amenities and exclusive shops are going to secure Grandscape as a VERY unique destination spot for people of all ages. Neither Stonebriar, The Shops of Legacy or Legacy West is doing anything like this. If anything Grandscape will have the upper hand. Brilliant

As for Stonebriar becoming obsolete... It's impossible because the retailers at Stonebriar arent the same ones you will find at Grandscape, its a completely new and different shopping experience that shouldn't take away from the existing shopping centers in the area.

Exactly ! When I watched the animation video of this project I fell in love lol The scheels store will feature a 65-foot Ferris wheel and a 16,000-gallon saltwater aquarium that will open in 2020. Pretty unique

DPatel304

Postby DPatel304 » 27 Jun 2018 10:22

Wow! I had no idea the masterplan for Grandscape was so Grand (for lack of a better word). This looks incredible!

SMU_L1848

Postby SMU_L1848 » 09 Oct 2018 16:21

Interesting looking development on destination Dr behind Nebraska furniture mart. Barn style restaurant. Anyone know anything about it?

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 09 Oct 2018 18:57

SMU_L1848 wrote:Interesting looking development on destination Dr behind Nebraska furniture mart. Barn style restaurant. Anyone know anything about it?

I could be wrong, but I think that's the Truck Yard.