Dallas Fort Worth Urban Forum

Richardson - Downtown

The_Overdog

Richardson - Downtown

Postby The_Overdog » 19 Dec 2016 11:11

The city of Richardson recently voted to rezone their downtown area (roughly between Spring Valley to the south and Arapaho to the north) with a form-based code.

The first major redevelopment based on that code has been proposed. A 332 unit 5 story apartment with some ground floor retail and 83 townhomes are slated to surround the existing Spring Creek BBQ and southwards to the existing Chase bank on the edge of US75 Central Expressway. The development will replace the parking lots not-adjacent to US75 with buildings. This development would be bikeable to DART but it's a bit too far from either station to really be walkable.

DPatel304

Re: Richardson - Downtown

Postby DPatel304 » 19 Dec 2016 11:50

Sounds good to me. Ever since Plano started revitalizing their downtown, I was wondering when Richardson would get on board and do the same.

exelone31

Re: Richardson - Downtown

Postby exelone31 » 19 Dec 2016 11:58

Interesting, that area has quite a few nice little things happening that could be really bolstered by some good residential/retail. The food truck park is just north of there, as is Four Bullets Brewery, then Afrah and Chinatown to the east.

I know there's not a ton of land there, but I wonder if the city would consider a park for the strip of land between Interurban and Greenville (I know nothing about ownership of the land or building codes, but seems like a decent little spot).