jrd1964

Re: Frisco: Wade Park

Postby jrd1964 » 07 Jun 2018 08:20

Well, this place seems to have 9 lives.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... ight-month

DAFW

Postby DAFW » 07 Jun 2018 21:43

I'm so over it. I want this project to DIE. We need someone more responsible to take over and improve on the original idea.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 07 Jun 2018 21:44

Is it wrong to be happy this partially built and dead project with a giant unfinished deepwater pond is sitting in Frisco and not downtown?

jrd1964

Postby jrd1964 » 14 Jun 2018 20:46

Once more.... this has to be one of the most-foreclosed-on properties in north TX at this rate.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... oreclosure

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 08 Jul 2018 11:35

What Frisco's floundering $2 billion Wade Park development says about the D-FW economy

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... fw-economy

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 08 Jul 2018 12:43

^That sounds reasonable, backing up a lot of forum talk. If the softening continues, the remaining big relocations that happen will be able to move uniqueness to the list of requirements instead of preferences. Should that happen, the suburban sites are diminished because no matter how different they are from each other, they are all about the same when compared to an urban site in downtown Dallas or Fort Worth, and maybe Las Colinas if living or working or hanging out around Lake Carolyn is able to become a thing.

I don't remember that Plano ever had a project anywhere near the size of Wade Park go into hibernation, but cumulatively I'd bet the scale was of unfinished deals had been similar after Plano's initial generation of remarkable employment center growth.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 08 Jul 2018 13:00

I have always felt that Legacy West sort of sucked the life out of everything else around it while it was such a hot ticket. It will be fun to see what happens with Legacy East if any of that gets off the ground. Plano has a solid reputation building live-work-play environments that seem to be well received even if flawed by their lack of connectivity and surrounded by an expensive tollway system. There has been some talk about the strain on workforce availability and the excessive costs associated with driving in from the south which has shifted the focus of relocations and expansions south to less costly environments closer to the city center and airports. I also wonder how much relocation talk is currently being constrained by Amazon, nobody is going to want to go where they go since that move will suck the life out of talent availability wherever they land.

The_Overdog

Postby The_Overdog » 09 Jul 2018 10:30

Amazon, nobody is going to want to go where they go since that move will suck the life out of talent availability wherever they land.

I think there is a large component to this, but not because they suck the talent but rather because they are doing very public legwork concerning amenities/concessions/buildout that normally is very private and very costly. Every mega company is going to have a template they can copy once this is completed.

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 31 Jul 2018 15:50

Hmmm… I guess we'll see what happens. I would love for this to get off the ground though!

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... dy-restart

itsjrd1964

Postby itsjrd1964 » 31 Jul 2018 19:14

Didn't they lose all their prospective tenants in the last few months?

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 31 Jul 2018 19:52

Will have to see how it gets reborn, that's a pretty big hole in the ground for whatever ends up going on top of it. Wade Park was a very ambitious project and maybe it would have done better had it come out of the ground on schedule and not get delayed. That delay seemed to benefit Legacy West.

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 01 Aug 2018 09:08

I would assume that a number of tenants that backed out would still be open to signing a new lease... And I'm sure they've been working over the past year or so to get new commitments. I doubt they would get any new funding if they didn't already have some signed leases. I'm just confused as to where they already spent $130 million??

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 01 Aug 2018 21:54

Kelley USA wrote:I would assume that a number of tenants that backed out would still be open to signing a new lease... And I'm sure they've been working over the past year or so to get new commitments. I doubt they would get any new funding if they didn't already have some signed leases. I'm just confused as to where they already spent $130 million??

Good question, is there $130 million worth of work in grading the land, utilities, some roads and digging that giant swimming pool?

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 10 Aug 2018 14:03

Lenders still threatening Frisco's Wade Park with foreclosure sale

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... osure-sale