Dallas Fort Worth Urban Forum

Las Colinas/North Irving Development

itsjrd1964
Posts: 807
Joined: 28 Jul 2018 07:38

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby itsjrd1964 » 06 Oct 2020 12:52

Kelley USA wrote:The development plan at the entrance to the Urban Center (114, O'Connor, Las Colinas Blvd) has changed. They are coming before P&Z and removing the 4 hotel concept and instead asking to build a 15 story office tower. The developers are still keeping the original office component, which is a 4 story office building on the canal closest to 114. They are also seeking to build a 10 story parking garage to accommodate workers in both office buildings. No renderings available yet, just a site plan. I do prefer an office component over 4 new hotels!


Especially right now, with existing hotels not exactly running on all cylinders due to the virus-of-the-moment. It's exciting to think our economy can use a steady pipeline of new hotels, but if all the latest ones open up empty, we're better off cooling the jets for the moment.

User avatar
Kelley USA
Posts: 651
Joined: 27 Oct 2016 12:46

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby Kelley USA » 07 Oct 2020 09:35

Interesting listen at the P&Z meeting on Monday... It seems like the proposed 15 story tower at the corner of 114, O'Connor and Las Colinas Blvd already has a potential tenant. It's being designed for a tenant that has a National & International presence. They are a AAA rated business. They have been working with the City of Irving for about 2 years now, had another location picked that just didn't work out. They had Dan Powell with BOKA Powell on via phone to discuss the project. He said it's progressing quickly! They also had Kevin O'Neill from Fidelis Realty who is representing the tenant. From what I can gather they typically work with companies in the Healthcare field, but not sure that's 100%. He did say they plan to fully activate the canal which makes me happy to hear!

Should be interesting to see if this comes to fruition and at what pace...

User avatar
Kelley USA
Posts: 651
Joined: 27 Oct 2016 12:46

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby Kelley USA » 08 Oct 2020 12:52

All signs are pointing to CHRISTUS Health as the potential tenant for the proposed tower in the Urban Center. They're already headquartered in Las Colinas down off Hidden Ridge in about 225K sf, so this would almost double their space and would be a move into the Urban Center. Looks like they have about 1K employees at HQ.

User avatar
Kelley USA
Posts: 651
Joined: 27 Oct 2016 12:46

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby Kelley USA » 12 Oct 2020 09:32

Not to brag, but I worked with the DBJ to break this story. :) I was hesitant to report my findings because I know the City, the developer and CHRISTUS Health weren't ready for this info to get out. Several NDA's had been signed and I'm sure CHRISTUS is still in negotiations with the City about the project. I didn't want to risk maybe CHRISTUS pulling out of the project. But I ultimately decided to pass along the info to the DBJ and exchanged a few emails with them.

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news ... rters.html

How did I figure out CHRISTUS was the potential tenant for the new proposed tower? Well, for starters I zoomed all over the site plan to see if I could find any clues. Yep, found one on the very top left portion of the site plan that BOKA Powell had submitted to P&Z for review. In teeny tiny print the name CHRISTUS appeared along with some other numbers and letters. That was my starting point, and really enough for me to feel confident that was the tenant! Next, I did some research on Fidelis Realty. It appears that Fidelis primarily works with healthcare companies. That gave me 2 connections! Finally, Kevin O'Neill whom is with Fidelis Realty spoke at the P&Z meeting regarding the project. I found several old articles in both the DBJ and D Magazine that discussed CHRISTUS choosing Las Colinas for it's new HQ back in 2012. Kevin O'Neill, whom was with CBRE then, actually helped negotiate the lease for CHRISTUS back in 2012 and is working on the deal today. So obviously that's his client. That gave me enough to go on and I felt 99.99% sure I had figured it out.

Now just looking forward to seeing this hopefully move forward and seeing some renderings. It's been TOO long since the Urban Center has seen a new office building.

User avatar
homeworld1031tx
Posts: 155
Joined: 23 Oct 2016 12:23
Location: The Village, Dallas

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby homeworld1031tx » 12 Oct 2020 11:57

Nice Kelly, great sleuthing - congrats and thanks!

The article is behind a paywall, any chance we could at least get some of the renderings posted here?

User avatar
ContriveDallasite
Posts: 295
Joined: 27 Oct 2016 03:34
Location: München

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby ContriveDallasite » 15 Oct 2020 02:53

Nice scoop, excited to see what is in store for this plot. Will be nice to see the hometown skyline a little changed when I'm finally allowed to fly back.

User avatar
CTroyMathis
Site Admin
Posts: 388
Joined: 13 Oct 2016 19:51

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby CTroyMathis » 02 Nov 2020 14:39

Kelley USA wrote:On another note, the Paws Colinas Dog Park is getting underway. It'll be right on California Crossing and run up against the Campion Trail. Looks like it'll be pretty big!


Just some follow-up on that Paws Colinas gig: https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/TABS/Search/ ... 2021001889

Pretty nice choice for Landscape Architecture firm as well.

User avatar
CTroyMathis
Site Admin
Posts: 388
Joined: 13 Oct 2016 19:51

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby CTroyMathis » 06 Nov 2020 19:48

Kelley USA wrote:How did I figure out CHRISTUS was the potential tenant for the new proposed tower? Well, for starters I zoomed all over the site plan to see if I could find any clues. Yep, found one on the very top left portion of the site plan that BOKA Powell had submitted to P&Z for review. In teeny tiny print the name CHRISTUS appeared along with some other numbers and letters. That was my starting point, and really enough for me to feel confident that was the tenant! Next, I did some research on Fidelis Realty. It appears that Fidelis primarily works with healthcare companies. That gave me 2 connections! Finally, Kevin O'Neill whom is with Fidelis Realty spoke at the P&Z meeting regarding the project. I found several old articles in both the DBJ and D Magazine that discussed CHRISTUS choosing Las Colinas for it's new HQ back in 2012. Kevin O'Neill, whom was with CBRE then, actually helped negotiate the lease for CHRISTUS back in 2012 and is working on the deal today. So obviously that's his client. That gave me enough to go on and I felt 99.99% sure I had figured it out.


Good job, btw!

Here's some data from a construction journal from a few days ago:

Code: Select all

Reported: 11/3/2020  New
Project Title   
Track Project
Christus Health Headquarters
Project Type      New Construction
Physical Address      North O'Connor Boulevard & West Las Colinas Boulevard  Map
City, State (County)      Irving, TX 75039   (Dallas County)
Category(s)      Commercial
Sub-Category(s)      Office
Contracting Method      Bids by Invitation.
Project Status      Schematic Drawings
Estimated Value      Greater than $10,000,000 CJ's Estimate
Owner

Christus Health   Website   Analysis   
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038   (469) 282-2000
Architect

Boka Powell Architects   Website   Analysis   
8070 Park Lane - Suite 300
Dallas, TX 75231   (972) 701-9000
fax: (972) 991-3008
info@bokapowell.com

User avatar
LocatingLasColinas
Posts: 1
Joined: 20 Nov 2020 20:31

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby LocatingLasColinas » 20 Nov 2020 20:53

Good Evening Everyone!!

May I first lead with, WOW!! This is the exact group I've been seeking for! I have just spent hours combing through articles and link attachments catching up with everything that is Las Colinas for the past couple years of post.

I'll jump right in.

1.) Doesn't seem like there's been any update on the plat across the street from TMF correct? We know realpage is the holding company at the moment correct? I found this concept plan for what northshore was concepted to be before that purchase. https://gff.com/view/las-colinas-north-shore/

2.) New Offices on the corner of oconnor and las colinas blvd will be a great addition to the commercial growth and population influx we are needing to increase density within the area! Love it!

3.) Any word/progress with skypass and the 10 acre mix use development?

4.) Correct me I'm wrong but the corner lot that is remaining on las colinas blvd and o'connor is positioned on top of a parking garage correct? Could future development be built on top of it?

5.) WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THE MANDALAY CANAL & PARMENTER? I heard Parmenter was approved for financing to renovate the entire canal area but they have no clue what they want to do.

7. There is 2 lots on the canal itself beside the extended stay along the service rd. Any information or idea if there is something planned there?

To those of you have taken the time to continue to add value to this thread - Thank You!

My name's Derek Ragan. I'm 29 years old and have been born and bread in the city of Irving. This city and the urban center are the places I frequent daily and love more than anything. I'm currently a realtor with dreams and aspirations to build & contribute something truly unique to the area. Aiding to the transformation that is to come. I believe Irving is a truly unique city that will represent what a modern successful mix of community residential and business can be. Thank you to all those who continue to believe in Irving! Looking forward to see what we can all collectively do!

User avatar
ContriveDallasite
Posts: 295
Joined: 27 Oct 2016 03:34
Location: München

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby ContriveDallasite » 23 Nov 2020 07:48

LocatingLasColinas wrote:Good Evening Everyone!!

May I first lead with, WOW!! This is the exact group I've been seeking for! I have just spent hours combing through articles and link attachments catching up with everything that is Las Colinas for the past couple years of post.

I'll jump right in.

1.) Doesn't seem like there's been any update on the plat across the street from TMF correct? We know realpage is the holding company at the moment correct? I found this concept plan for what northshore was concepted to be before that purchase. https://gff.com/view/las-colinas-north-shore/

2.) New Offices on the corner of oconnor and las colinas blvd will be a great addition to the commercial growth and population influx we are needing to increase density within the area! Love it!

3.) Any word/progress with skypass and the 10 acre mix use development?

4.) Correct me I'm wrong but the corner lot that is remaining on las colinas blvd and o'connor is positioned on top of a parking garage correct? Could future development be built on top of it?

5.) WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THE MANDALAY CANAL & PARMENTER? I heard Parmenter was approved for financing to renovate the entire canal area but they have no clue what they want to do.

7. There is 2 lots on the canal itself beside the extended stay along the service rd. Any information or idea if there is something planned there?

To those of you have taken the time to continue to add value to this thread - Thank You!

My name's Derek Ragan. I'm 29 years old and have been born and bread in the city of Irving. This city and the urban center are the places I frequent daily and love more than anything. I'm currently a realtor with dreams and aspirations to build & contribute something truly unique to the area. Aiding to the transformation that is to come. I believe Irving is a truly unique city that will represent what a modern successful mix of community residential and business can be. Thank you to all those who continue to believe in Irving! Looking forward to see what we can all collectively do!


Cool post, and welcome to the thread. I grew up in Las Colinas - and have since moved so it's always nice to see so many active users representing the area!

User avatar
vman
Posts: 159
Joined: 24 Oct 2016 07:44

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby vman » 23 Nov 2020 09:20

I notice yesterday driving past Las Colinas Village, Champps has closed!!

User avatar
Kelley USA
Posts: 651
Joined: 27 Oct 2016 12:46

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby Kelley USA » 23 Nov 2020 10:07

Hey Derek, welcome to the Forum! Always good to see some new people jumping over here to the Las Colinas thread. I'll just speak to the projects I know about...

1. RealPage has no real plans for the property across from TMF. I have a friend that works for RP and he indicated they have real estate holdings all over the place. Now, that doesn't necessarily mean they won't do something with it. I guess we'll have to wait and see!

3. Nothing new from Skypass. I would actually be very surprised if they managed to do anything with this property. They had been aiming to bring a Hilton Conrad Hotel to this project. There is a website for the project, but it doesn't have any info - www.mandalayfalls.com

4. Correct! There is a garage under some portion of that property. It can definitely be developed. Gables owns the property and it's been designated for Phase 2 of Gables Water Street. At some point we may see something, but Gables has never been in a hurry to move projects along.

7. The lots on the canal off the service road are both slated for hotels. In fact, council just approved one within the past 2 weeks. One lot is scheduled for a 6 story Hotel Indigo.

User avatar
vman
Posts: 159
Joined: 24 Oct 2016 07:44

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby vman » 23 Nov 2020 11:10

I had to go on Loopnet for work last week and saw that the white office tower on 114 and Walnut Ridge has a sister tower proposed. I'm not sure when the original tower was built, but it has to be one of the newest towers in Las Colinas. The thing about these towers is that they've been replicated at least twice or possibly more times in the Dallas area. I know there are two near NorthPark and there are two off the N Dallas Tollway a little north of the Galleria. And I think I may have seen another one somewhere else. Are these being built by the same developer? It's so odd that the same office building has been built several times in the same metro area.

User avatar
Kelley USA
Posts: 651
Joined: 27 Oct 2016 12:46

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby Kelley USA » 23 Nov 2020 13:44

Article and rendering for the proposed Hotel Indigo that was just approved.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... approvals/

User avatar
CTroyMathis
Site Admin
Posts: 388
Joined: 13 Oct 2016 19:51

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby CTroyMathis » 23 Nov 2020 14:02

I noticed on the firm's website, it's the image that pops-up first in background without going to the dropdown for projects:
https://www.type-six.com/

User avatar
THRILLHO
Posts: 98
Joined: 26 Oct 2016 21:20

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby THRILLHO » 24 Nov 2020 10:20

Kelley USA wrote:7. The lots on the canal off the service road are both slated for hotels. In fact, council just approved one within the past 2 weeks. One lot is scheduled for a 6 story Hotel Indigo.


Wow, those lonesome pedestrian bridges without sidewalk access might actually experience getting walked on after 30 some-odd years.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Login