Dallas Fort Worth Urban Forum

Corporate Relocations/Expansions

Tivo_Kenevil

Re: Corporate Relocations/Expansions

Postby Tivo_Kenevil » 12 Sep 2019 09:43

clcrash19 wrote:https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news/2019/09/12/mclaren-north-america.html

Mclaren moving HQ from manhattan to Coppell

What dramatic change..I send my condolences to the relocated employees.

eburress

Postby eburress » 12 Sep 2019 10:00

I do love NYC, but hopefully being able to afford a >1,000sf home will ease their employees' pain.

texasstar

Postby texasstar » 13 Sep 2019 12:34

Tivo_Kenevil wrote:What dramatic change..I send my condolences to the relocated employees.

Funny, I was sending my congratulations on the huge lifestyle upgrade. :D
Last edited by texasstar on 13 Sep 2019 22:40, edited 1 time in total.

Cbdallas

Postby Cbdallas » 13 Sep 2019 13:51

A year spent floating in their new swimming pool will probably take care of them.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 15 Sep 2019 13:39

Tivo_Kenevil wrote:
clcrash19 wrote:https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news/2019/09/12/mclaren-north-america.html

Mclaren moving HQ from manhattan to Coppell

What dramatic change..I send my condolences to the relocated employees.

Maybe the soaring exodus tells a different story about NYC. Seems like Dallas is the most popular relocation city.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -economics

Cord1936

Postby Cord1936 » 16 Sep 2019 22:15

Sherwin-Williams is Searching for a New Global HQ and R&D Location.
Dallas-Fort Worth Might be a Contender

By Lance Murray, Dallas Innovates, Sep. 16, 2019

Cleveland-based paint giant Sherwin-Williams has confirmed it is looking for a place to put a new headquarters and a research-and-development facility, and experts believe Dallas-Fort Worth is being considered.
Dallas-Fort Worth in recent years has not only been active, but very successful in attracting headquarters.

This year, Fortune 500 members McKesson and Core-Mark both relocated their headquarters from California to Irving and Westlake, respectively. European Wax Center last month moved to Plano, and PGA announced a future Frisco move in December.

Last week, British supercar maker McLaren announced that it was moving its North American headquarters from New York to Coppell into a high-tech 30,000-square-foot facility.

Add other announced and completed headquarters relocations to the list—Toyota Motor North America (which just opened a new Experience Center) and Boeing Global Services to Plano, Kubota Tractor to Grapevine, and Zinwave to Dallas—and the region’s corporate strength is apparent.

Luring Sherwin-Williams would be a major “get” for the region.
Read more: https://dallasinnovates.com/paint-giant-sherwin-williams-plans-headquarters-r-is-dallas-fort-worth-in-the-mix/

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 23 Sep 2019 11:39

Hotel firm picks Uptown Dallas tower for U.S. headquarters

Another day another relo

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... dquarters/

DPatel304

Postby DPatel304 » 23 Sep 2019 16:07

^Great to see another addition to the urban core!

Coworking firm moves its HQ to West End
https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news ... t-end.html

This article is referring to the Common Desk. It doesn't say anything about where the HQ is moving FROM. I presume they are simply moving the HQ from one of their other, existing Common Desk locations, which isn't really a big surprise, since the West End location looks to be the biggest.

flyswatter

Postby flyswatter » 23 Sep 2019 18:55

Their first location was Deep Ellum so guessing that's where their HQ is currently.

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 24 Sep 2019 15:35

Yes, their HQ was at the original location in Deep Ellum. Since they are a coworking company I imagine they have simply had employees working where ever they mostly wanted at one of their many locations. This just means they probably made a decision to have most employees work out of the same office now instead of everyone floating.

Cord1936

Postby Cord1936 » 04 Oct 2019 09:32

Another California company moving its HDQ to the Dallas area!
Since Toyota's departure from California the pace of exodus to the Dallas metro has definitely quickened to a near steady stream.
-----------------------------------------
Chick-fil-A and Starbucks Distributor to Move California Headquarters to Texas
Subsidiary Plans to Centralize Corporate Services
SEPTEMBER 30, 2019|CANDACE CARLISLE

A distributor to major restaurant chains such as Chick-fil-A, Chipotle and Starbucks is moving its corporate headquarters to Texas from California to centralize its operations.
The relocation from Irvine, California, helps centralize the company's corporate operations to better align and support its distribution center market and its customers, said Ryan Hammer, corporate vice president and president of Golden State Foods Logistics.

By centralizing its corporate operations, Hammer said Quality Custom Distribution will be able to grow its distribution network and solidify its position as a dominant player in the food industry.

The Dallas-area's central location, large talent pool and business-friendly community fed into the decision to move to the North Texas region, said Hammer.
The exodus from California to the Dallas-Fort Worth region has made the area an in-demand office market.
Article: https://product.costar.com/home/news/shared/372197429

DPatel304

Postby DPatel304 » 04 Oct 2019 13:54

Quality Custom Distribution, a subsidiary of Golden State Foods, a global supplier to the quick service restaurant and retail industries, is leasing 10,784 square feet of office space at 2801 Network Blvd. in Frisco, Texas, about 27 miles north of downtown Dallas, for its headquarters. The new office is set to open in January 2020.

Thanks for the update! Looks like they are headed to Frisco..