Dallas Fort Worth Urban Forum

Victory Park: Cinépolis /The 23 (~273 FT / 23 ST)

User avatar
ContriveDallasite
Posts: 239
Joined: 27 Oct 2016 03:34
Location: München

Re: Victory Park: Cinépolis /The 23 (~273 FT / 23 ST)

Postby ContriveDallasite » 01 Aug 2018 03:16

I think its a great looking building and a great asset for Victory Park. Only wish they would have done something with rooftop of the theatre. That is a huge amount of unused space.

User avatar
Hannibal Lecter
Posts: 282
Joined: 19 Oct 2016 19:57

Re: Victory Park: Cinépolis /The 23 (~273 FT / 23 ST)

Postby Hannibal Lecter » 25 Aug 2018 20:35

Visited the theater last weekend. Great staff and a beautiful facility.

Here's the problem: Two adults and one child for a weekend matinee, with three drinks, one not very good box of popcorn and one box of candy. Total bill with tip: $96.43.

Almost $100 to see "The Meg"????

I don't see us going back.

cowboyeagle05
Posts: 1400
Joined: 21 Oct 2016 08:45

Re: Victory Park: Cinépolis /The 23 (~273 FT / 23 ST)

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 26 Aug 2018 13:32

Hannibal Lecter wrote:Visited the theater last weekend. Great staff and a beautiful facility.

Here's the problem: Two adults and one child for a weekend matinee, with three drinks, one not very good box of popcorn and one box of candy. Total bill with tip: $96.43.

Almost $100 to see "The Meg"????

I don't see us going back.


It's a luxury movie theater brand in a pricey neighborhood are you surprised? It's not an AMC or an even a Cinemark. Cinepolis whole brand is about pricey luxury theater experience. The Alamo is not too far down the street and I am sure one day AMC will want to open an urban location as well. I am confused how people are so surprised on the price tag. Seems like a reasonable price for the area they are in and the experience they offer.

User avatar
eburress
Posts: 347
Joined: 19 Oct 2016 18:13

Re: Victory Park: Cinépolis /The 23 (~273 FT / 23 ST)

Postby eburress » 26 Aug 2018 14:32

Cinepolis is pricey but where I live most of the year, we almost always see movies at Cinepolis or The Lot (a comparable luxury theater chain) because those places are a really convenient/fun/easy family night out.

Tnexster
Posts: 1589
Joined: 22 Oct 2016 16:33
Location: Dallas

Re: Victory Park: Cinépolis /The 23 (~273 FT / 23 ST)

Postby Tnexster » 26 Aug 2018 16:16

eburress wrote:Cinepolis is pricey but where I live most of the year, we almost always see movies at Cinepolis or The Lot (a comparable luxury theater chain) because those places are a really convenient/fun/easy family night out.


It looks like a great place to see a movie and is probably worth the time and money just for the experience. Plus with the restaurant offerings in the area you could make it into an extended evening and hang out in VP, not something that was as doable before.

User avatar
HarryMoto
Posts: 6
Joined: 24 Oct 2016 19:12
Location: Houston, TX

Re: Victory Park: Cinépolis /The 23 (~273 FT / 23 ST)

Postby HarryMoto » 09 Oct 2018 21:49

Was back visiting Dallas and went to the Cinepolis theater this past weekend. Went to the matinee so it was a bit cheaper ($13) than normal. It's a beautifully designed venue and I have no complaints about the theater itself. But there was hardly anyone there and there's still little foot traffic in Victory Park.

Granted, it was the afternoon of the Texas-OU game so that may have had a lot to do with it. Is the theater drawing crowds at other times? I want to see it do well.

lakewoodhobo
Posts: 652
Joined: 20 Oct 2016 13:49
Location: Elmwood, Oak Cliff

Re: Victory Park: Cinépolis /The 23 (~273 FT / 23 ST)

Postby lakewoodhobo » 10 Oct 2018 08:28

HarryMoto wrote:Was back visiting Dallas and went to the Cinepolis theater this past weekend. Went to the matinee so it was a bit cheaper ($13) than normal. It's a beautifully designed venue and I have no complaints about the theater itself. But there was hardly anyone there and there's still little foot traffic in Victory Park.

Granted, it was the afternoon of the Texas-OU game so that may have had a lot to do with it. Is the theater drawing crowds at other times? I want to see it do well.


I went on Sunday evening and had dinner at Mesero beforehand. Didn't expect Mesero to be busy at 5:30pm Sunday, and it wasn't, and I also didn't notice many people walking around.

The movie theater had a healthy crowd though. There were probably a few sold-out shows.

User avatar
Matt777
Posts: 424
Joined: 28 Oct 2016 09:10

Re: Victory Park: Cinépolis /The 23 (~273 FT / 23 ST)

Postby Matt777 » 10 Oct 2018 09:53

Anecdotally, I have seen a high number of my facebook friends checking in there over the past few weeks and loving it. When I went, they had just opened and the lobby/bar was very busy but they had a computer error which wasn't letting us pick our seats for that showing, so they cut off bookings for that show and the 15 or so people who had already booked got to spread out over the theater. Very nice experience and really comfortable.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests

Login