Dallas Fort Worth Urban Forum

KDC & Miyama Project - 30 ST

Tnexster
Posts: 2664
Joined: 22 Oct 2016 16:33
Location: Dallas

Re: KDC & Miyama Project - 30 ST

Postby Tnexster » 30 Jan 2020 10:49

If you are living in the apartment tower behind...along McKinney...your view is about to change drastically. As in, you won't have one. Imagine a balcony that looks at a wall of glass.

lakewoodhobo
Posts: 1157
Joined: 20 Oct 2016 13:49
Location: Elmwood, Oak Cliff

Re: KDC & Miyama Project - 30 ST

Postby lakewoodhobo » 30 Jan 2020 10:58

Screen Shot 2020-01-30 at 10.56.56 AM.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Tivo_Kenevil
Posts: 1604
Joined: 20 Oct 2016 12:24

Re: KDC & Miyama Project - 30 ST

Postby Tivo_Kenevil » 30 Jan 2020 11:24

Somehow the AMLI tower is still under construction and this new project is completed in the rendering lol

User avatar
jetnd87
Posts: 139
Joined: 08 Jan 2019 16:00

Re: KDC & Miyama Project - 30 ST

Postby jetnd87 » 30 Jan 2020 11:32

Tnexster wrote:If you are living in the apartment tower behind...along McKinney...your view is about to change drastically. As in, you won't have one. Imagine a balcony that looks at a wall of glass.


That's what happens in every urban environment though.

User avatar
exelone31
Posts: 621
Joined: 31 Oct 2016 11:35

Re: KDC & Miyama Project - 30 ST

Postby exelone31 » 30 Jan 2020 12:26

Tivo_Kenevil wrote:Somehow the AMLI tower is still under construction and this new project is completed in the rendering lol


If that were the case I think that a good 50-60% of this forum would have self-immolated, myself included. :lol:

User avatar
rono3849
Posts: 138
Joined: 16 May 2019 23:46

Re: KDC & Miyama Project - 30 ST

Postby rono3849 » 30 Jan 2020 12:39

exelone31 wrote:
Tivo_Kenevil wrote:Somehow the AMLI tower is still under construction and this new project is completed in the rendering lol


If that were the case I think that a good 50-60% of this forum would have self-immolated, myself included. :lol:


That is absolutely hilarious. :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
eburress
Posts: 774
Joined: 19 Oct 2016 18:13

Re: KDC & Miyama Project - 30 ST

Postby eburress » 30 Jan 2020 12:57

jetnd87 wrote:
Tnexster wrote:If you are living in the apartment tower behind...along McKinney...your view is about to change drastically. As in, you won't have one. Imagine a balcony that looks at a wall of glass.


That's what happens in every urban environment though.


Though he should have seen this coming when he bought, 1999 McKinney is probably pissed about this tower too! lol

User avatar
texasstar
Posts: 202
Joined: 18 Oct 2016 22:39

Re: KDC & Miyama Project - 30 ST

Postby texasstar » 30 Jan 2020 13:22

LOL, don't you miss him.

Tnexster
Posts: 2664
Joined: 22 Oct 2016 16:33
Location: Dallas

Re: KDC & Miyama Project - 30 ST

Postby Tnexster » 30 Jan 2020 14:39

eburress wrote:
jetnd87 wrote:
Tnexster wrote:If you are living in the apartment tower behind...along McKinney...your view is about to change drastically. As in, you won't have one. Imagine a balcony that looks at a wall of glass.


That's what happens in every urban environment though.


Though he should have seen this coming when he bought, 1999 McKinney is probably pissed about this tower too! lol


Technically he will still have a skyline view, it's just only the buildings across the street.

User avatar
Mr. Amsterdam
Posts: 40
Joined: 09 Jan 2018 19:14
Location: Amsterdam Area

Re: KDC & Miyama Project - 30 ST

Postby Mr. Amsterdam » 30 Jan 2020 14:58

lakewoodhobo wrote:Screen Shot 2020-01-30 at 10.56.56 AM.jpg


Looks tall for a 30 story, no?
1999 - 2017

cowboyeagle05
Posts: 2452
Joined: 21 Oct 2016 08:45
Location: Dallas

Re: KDC & Miyama Project - 30 ST

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 30 Jan 2020 14:58

ESL43UQ755H3XF7E3T4SN3RCDU.jpg

KPPVNZJJGBCXXPJ4ESEAL4LFDQ.jpg

U4VJJXHKCZEH3ERMMDGRQ7R4SM.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell”

Tnexster
Posts: 2664
Joined: 22 Oct 2016 16:33
Location: Dallas

Re: KDC & Miyama Project - 30 ST

Postby Tnexster » 30 Jan 2020 15:54

^Thanks....what do we think about that entrance?

Tnexster
Posts: 2664
Joined: 22 Oct 2016 16:33
Location: Dallas

Re: KDC & Miyama Project - 30 ST

Postby Tnexster » 30 Jan 2020 16:03

lakewoodhobo wrote:Screen Shot 2020-01-30 at 10.56.56 AM.jpg


So, Park District Residences is either 32, 33 or 34 stories depending on what web page you find describing it. Looking at the rendering in this pic, this 30 floor Miyami tower towers above Park Districts 30 plus story tower.

Just pointing that out.

User avatar
Thymant
Posts: 181
Joined: 25 Oct 2016 17:23

Re: KDC & Miyama Project - 30 ST

Postby Thymant » 31 Jan 2020 06:50

Tnexster wrote:
So, Park District Residences is either 32, 33 or 34 stories depending on what web page you find describing it. Looking at the rendering in this pic, this 30 floor Miyami tower towers above Park Districts 30 plus story tower.

Just pointing that out.


But aren’t office floor heights usually taller than residential, which is why this one might actually be a bit taller than the Park District residential tower?

User avatar
NdoorTX
Posts: 193
Joined: 21 Nov 2016 02:27

Re: KDC & Miyama Project - 30 ST

Postby NdoorTX » 31 Jan 2020 08:57

and two more for funsies:

Image

Image

itsjrd1964
Posts: 798
Joined: 28 Jul 2018 07:38

Re: KDC & Miyama Project - 30 ST

Postby itsjrd1964 » 31 Jan 2020 10:02

Any idea which hotel brand this time? It should be one that's not already represented in the CBD/Uptown.

User avatar
muncien
Posts: 1062
Joined: 25 Oct 2016 08:46
Location: Cypress Waters

Re: KDC & Miyama Project - 30 ST

Postby muncien » 31 Jan 2020 10:38

I know living walls are all the rage, but man... you could really make some amazing LED displays with those walls if you wanted to.
"He doesn't know how to use the three seashells..."

cowboyeagle05
Posts: 2452
Joined: 21 Oct 2016 08:45
Location: Dallas

Re: KDC & Miyama Project - 30 ST

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 31 Jan 2020 10:50

The hotel is a part of the second later phase. I doubt they have even a hotel flag meeting yet. This is one of those launch flashy renderings with multiple phases and see if you can make it through the first phase. The second phase will probaly get lots of design tweaks when and if it ever launches.
“Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell”

User avatar
R1070
Posts: 893
Joined: 26 Oct 2016 21:00

Re: KDC & Miyama Project - 30 ST

Postby R1070 » 31 Jan 2020 10:58

Would be a good spot for an Intown Loews.

Tnexster
Posts: 2664
Joined: 22 Oct 2016 16:33
Location: Dallas

Re: KDC & Miyama Project - 30 ST

Postby Tnexster » 31 Jan 2020 13:52

muncien wrote:I know living walls are all the rage, but man... you could really make some amazing LED displays with those walls if you wanted to.


I would love to see the living walls come true along with the gardens. Hope they are serious about both of those.

itsjrd1964
Posts: 798
Joined: 28 Jul 2018 07:38

Re: KDC & Miyama Project - 30 ST

Postby itsjrd1964 » 01 Feb 2020 09:53

>>dumb question moment<<

Which corner is this going to? I pretty much thought all the Klyde Warren-adjacents along the north were spoken for, once the Park District/PwC complex went in.

cowboyeagle05
Posts: 2452
Joined: 21 Oct 2016 08:45
Location: Dallas

Re: KDC & Miyama Project - 30 ST

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 01 Feb 2020 10:38

Uptown.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell”

Tnexster
Posts: 2664
Joined: 22 Oct 2016 16:33
Location: Dallas

Re: KDC & Miyama Project - 30 ST

Postby Tnexster » 02 Feb 2020 14:56

Pool area about to be walled in.

User avatar
Zmitz
Posts: 42
Joined: 01 Jul 2019 17:55

Re: KDC & Miyama Project - 30 ST

Postby Zmitz » 05 Feb 2020 10:07

https://candysdirt.com/2020/02/05/oak-l ... ects-seen/

Yes, I'm aware the article talks about several unrelated projects that could be posted to the respective threads, but I wanted to bring attention to the diagram included for the Miyama project. They are shooting for 450'!

Tnexster
Posts: 2664
Joined: 22 Oct 2016 16:33
Location: Dallas

Re: KDC & Miyama Project - 30 ST

Postby Tnexster » 05 Feb 2020 11:11

Zmitz wrote:https://candysdirt.com/2020/02/05/oak-lawn-committee-revived-braniff-building-among-four-projects-seen/

Yes, I'm aware the article talks about several unrelated projects that could be posted to the respective threads, but I wanted to bring attention to the diagram included for the Miyama project. They are shooting for 450'!


Comments from Candy....

The asks for such a building are not inconsequential (but most wouldn’t even need to be asked on the south side of Woodall Rodgers). They want to triple the floor area ratio to 12.5 (seen in the bulk of the building). The height almost doubles from 240-feet to 450-feet (again, not an issue on the other side of Klyde Warren). They want to reduce parking (like everyone else). More controversially, they want to eliminate setbacks on Harwood to zero. While initially concerning, it was explained that at ground level there would be wide sidewalk and greenery setbacks, they would just be setback under a cantilever. While some were uncomfortable with this, I felt that if their zoning was written properly, it’s essentially a shaded and dry place to walk. But it is the main drag into Klyde Warren, so you want it to feel generous (more detail needed, I think).

User avatar
rono3849
Posts: 138
Joined: 16 May 2019 23:46

Re: KDC & Miyama Project - 30 ST

Postby rono3849 » 04 Sep 2020 22:51

texasstar wrote:Image

So, this is TWO 30-story towers. If this were all in one tower, it would be the 60-story goodness we all long for. But, that would probably never get approved. Because, Love Field.


Has anyone heard if this project is proceeding or has it become just another pipe dream?

User avatar
ajderry2017
Posts: 5
Joined: 02 Jul 2020 11:33

Re: KDC & Miyama Project - 30 ST

Postby ajderry2017 » 10 Sep 2020 17:38

rono3849 wrote:
texasstar wrote:Image

So, this is TWO 30-story towers. If this were all in one tower, it would be the 60-story goodness we all long for. But, that would probably never get approved. Because, Love Field.


Has anyone heard if this project is proceeding or has it become just another pipe dream?


Lol here you go


https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news ... h-kdc.html

User avatar
R1070
Posts: 893
Joined: 26 Oct 2016 21:00

Re: KDC & Miyama Project - 30 ST

Postby R1070 » 10 Sep 2020 23:24

Supposed to be two towers.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ttudpt011 and 43 guests

Login