Dallas Fort Worth Urban Forum

Deep Ellum 1.0

Hannibal Lecter

Re: Deep Ellum 1.0

Postby Hannibal Lecter » 11 Jan 2018 11:34

lakewoodhobo wrote:It shows that, from a branding perspective at least, names like "Trinity", "Bishop" and "Deep Ellum" are emblematic of Dallas. I don't think "Uptown" or "Design District" have the same weight.

Ironically the Deep Ellum Bar is in Boston. So popular that it used to come up #1 on Google if you searched for "Deep Ellum". And yes, it's named after our little 'hood. :-)

Hannibal Lecter

Postby Hannibal Lecter » 11 Jan 2018 11:39

Tivo_Kenevil wrote:Deep ellum needs an arcade.

B4 has around 8 pinball machines in the back. The owner is looking at staying open late on Friday and Saturday and charging a cover for unlimited play. He's trying to talk me out of my Twilight Zone pin because the curio shop theme matches his store, but it's not going anywhere. :-)

The Pharmacy has a couple pinball machines, a video game and Skee Ball.

lakewoodhobo

Postby lakewoodhobo » 11 Jan 2018 11:47

Tivo_Kenevil wrote:
lakewoodhobo wrote:It shows that, from a branding perspective at least, names like "Trinity", "Bishop" and "Deep Ellum" are emblematic of Dallas. I don't think "Uptown" or "Design District" have the same weight.

Waiting on a Pegasus Brewing Co. though.

There's already something similar: Pegasus City Brewing. They're in the Design District

https://www.pegasuscitybrewery.com/

I had completely forgotten about it, and thanks for reminding me. Great use of the Pegasus inside the letter D.

DPatel304

Postby DPatel304 » 11 Jan 2018 12:13

Hannibal Lecter wrote:

Ironically the Deep Ellum Bar is in Boston. So popular that it used to come up #1 on Google if you searched for "Deep Ellum". And yes, it's named after our little 'hood. :-)

A friend of mine who moved to Boston told me about this bar. I heard the owners are from Dallas, so that's actually pretty cool to see.

Tivo_Kenevil

Postby Tivo_Kenevil » 11 Jan 2018 13:04

Hannibal Lecter wrote:
Tivo_Kenevil wrote:Deep ellum needs an arcade.

B4 has around 8 pinball machines in the back. The owner is looking at staying open late on Friday and Saturday and charging a cover for unlimited play. He's trying to talk me out of my Twilight Zone pin because the curio shop theme matches his store, but it's not going anywhere. :-)

The Pharmacy has a couple pinball machines, a video game and Skee Ball.

That's cool. I knw Dallas' has cidercade (retro games and ciders).

Richardson has freeplay which is similar to the concept u mentioned.

I love these arcade concepts