Dallas Fort Worth Urban Forum

West Dallas: Trinity Groves

Tnexster
Posts: 1646
Joined: 22 Oct 2016 16:33
Location: Dallas

West Dallas: Trinity Groves

Postby Tnexster » 31 Oct 2016 14:53

Trinity Groves developers looking at office tower, hotel for West Dallas project

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/busi ... as-project

Developers of West Dallas' hot Trinity Groves project are pushing ahead with plans for an office building and a boutique hotel.

The 100-acre redevelopment on Singleton Boulevard west of downtown was a hot topic at last week's Urban Land Institute conference in Dallas where developers from all over the country heard about plans for Trinity Groves.

New architectural renderings show a high-rise office building and a small hotel planned on Singleton at the east end of Trinity Groves.

User avatar
Thymant
Posts: 137
Joined: 25 Oct 2016 17:23

Re: Trinity Groves

Postby Thymant » 31 Oct 2016 19:03

Wow it's nice to see developers getting more serious about Trinity Groves, I'm already impressed with the number of apartments and restaurants that have been developed or are in the process of developing in West Dallas!

Tnexster
Posts: 1646
Joined: 22 Oct 2016 16:33
Location: Dallas

Re: Trinity Groves

Postby Tnexster » 11 Nov 2016 07:37

Towers to join restaurants, apartments in West Dallas’ Trinity Groves' plan

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/real ... apartments

Development designs show new towers sprouting at the 100-acre project on Singleton Boulevard at the western foot of the Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge.

"They want to create a full live-work-play environment over there that is readily accessible to downtown," said architect Zach Edwards, a principal with Gensler.

Gensler has designed the office and hotel buildings for Trinity Groves and worked on the overall master plan.

"It's been a destination for quite some time," Edwards said. "They want it to continue to grow and become the community they have envisioned it being."

User avatar
willyk
Posts: 406
Joined: 18 Oct 2016 20:20

Re: Trinity Groves

Postby willyk » 11 Nov 2016 18:25

Captured in a song...https://youtu.be/-KufFjcWOUQ

User avatar
ArtVandelay
Posts: 123
Joined: 01 Nov 2016 12:44

Re: Trinity Groves

Postby ArtVandelay » 14 Nov 2016 10:32

Observation from spending some time there last night: traffic on Singleton moves way too fast and the sidewalks for the new retail on the south side look way too narrow.

User avatar
Tivo_Kenevil
Posts: 1063
Joined: 20 Oct 2016 12:24

Re: Trinity Groves

Postby Tivo_Kenevil » 14 Nov 2016 11:04

ArtVandelay wrote:Observation from spending some time there last night: traffic on Singleton moves way too fast and the sidewalks for the new retail on the south side look way too narrow.

Yeah.. it's the design of singleton that encourages speeding. On street parking, widend sidewalks and maybe a median lined w/ trees would do wonders there.

User avatar
dukemeredith
Posts: 255
Joined: 22 Oct 2016 12:17
Location: Downtown Dallas

Re: Trinity Groves

Postby dukemeredith » 14 Nov 2016 11:34

Tivo_Kenevil wrote:Yeah.. it's the design of singleton that encourages speeding. On street parking, widend sidewalks and maybe a median lined w/ trees would do wonders there.


That would be beautiful! And would make the area a great, true alternative to Uptown.

cowboyeagle05
Posts: 1436
Joined: 21 Oct 2016 08:45

Re: West Dallas: Trinity Groves

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 08 Dec 2016 11:19

They just redid Singleton as part of the bridge work so it's not going to be redone. To think some businesses were throwing a fit because they added that traffic light just at the entrance. They claimed it would harm business they said. They need more traffic calming measures but the city was primarily focused on moving as much traffic as fast as possible. They always glob speed in with access like they are a match made in heaven for economic development which is never the case.

User avatar
Thymant
Posts: 137
Joined: 25 Oct 2016 17:23

Re: West Dallas: Trinity Groves

Postby Thymant » 04 Jan 2017 20:15

Cypress at Trinity Groves

Image
Taken by Me

User avatar
dch526
Posts: 62
Joined: 21 Oct 2016 09:12

Re: West Dallas: Trinity Groves

Postby dch526 » 10 Mar 2017 08:15

More apartments and restaurants coming at West Dallas’ Trinity Groves

We have 112 units leased already," said Jim Reynolds, development partner and senior vice president with Trinity Groves Llc. "There are over 60 residents living there now.


Tenants signed up for the ground floor of the building...include Steam Theory Brewing Co. with 8,000 square feet and K's Kitchen with a 5,815 square foot location for a new Korean barbeque grill.
Morgan Café from Chicago has rented a 2,655 square foot restaurant space.
And Bingbox Snow Cream Co. will have a 1,330 square foot shaved ice dessert shop.


With the success of the first phase, Reynolds said the developers are ready to push ahead with a second, 325-unit apartment building on the adjoining Singleton Boulevard block just to the west.
Reynolds said the developers are also talking to office building investors and partners about doing a building overlooking downtown.
...
A 223-room Marriott hotel is in the works for the block that's now the location of a concrete plant near Singleton and Beckley Avenue.


http://www.dallasnews.com/business/real-estate/2017/03/10/apartments-restaurants-coming-west-dallas-trinity-groves

DPatel304
Posts: 1067
Joined: 19 Oct 2016 18:49

Re: West Dallas: Trinity Groves

Postby DPatel304 » 10 Mar 2017 09:44

Great news, the Marriott hotel is a nice surprise for the area!

Tnexster
Posts: 1646
Joined: 22 Oct 2016 16:33
Location: Dallas

Re: West Dallas: Trinity Groves

Postby Tnexster » 10 Mar 2017 10:14

Anybody know how rents over here are comparing to Uptown?

User avatar
Thymant
Posts: 137
Joined: 25 Oct 2016 17:23

Re: West Dallas: Trinity Groves

Postby Thymant » 10 Mar 2017 13:12

Tnexster wrote:Anybody know how rents over here are comparing to Uptown?


The prices are lower than uptown however I wouldn't call them cheap, they are comparable to oak lawn prices.

Tnexster
Posts: 1646
Joined: 22 Oct 2016 16:33
Location: Dallas

Re: West Dallas: Trinity Groves

Postby Tnexster » 10 Mar 2017 13:25

Lower will help bring people across the river, demand will drive them higher eventually.

User avatar
willyk
Posts: 406
Joined: 18 Oct 2016 20:20

Re: West Dallas: Trinity Groves

Postby willyk » 10 Mar 2017 19:06

I wish they would quit talking about the office building. I fear that these guys will wager all of this success to secure a poorly conceived office building and bring the whole business down.

User avatar
joshua.dodd
Posts: 361
Joined: 23 Oct 2016 01:11

Re: West Dallas: Trinity Groves

Postby joshua.dodd » 11 Mar 2017 01:04

If they are going to build an office building over here, they should build tall and make it something of an architectural marvel with class and style. Would be amazing to see a 600 plus foot tower over here.

User avatar
Tivo_Kenevil
Posts: 1063
Joined: 20 Oct 2016 12:24

Re: West Dallas: Trinity Groves

Postby Tivo_Kenevil » 11 Mar 2017 10:14

joshua.dodd wrote:If they are going to build an office building over here, they should build tall and make it something of an architectural marvel with class and style. Would be amazing to see a 600 plus foot tower over here.


Absolutely not. There's nothing there remotely close to that size.

Tnexster
Posts: 1646
Joined: 22 Oct 2016 16:33
Location: Dallas

Re: West Dallas: Trinity Groves

Postby Tnexster » 11 Mar 2017 15:27

I don't know how I feel about 600 feet on the west side of the river. Are there any height restrictions on that side, not that they would actually build one but am just curious.

User avatar
Waldozer
Posts: 98
Joined: 12 Mar 2017 06:30

Re: West Dallas: Trinity Groves

Postby Waldozer » 12 Mar 2017 06:39

600 feet? Why not a 1000+ft supertall? I wouldn't settle for anything shorter than Burj Khalifa, personally.

Tnexster
Posts: 1646
Joined: 22 Oct 2016 16:33
Location: Dallas

Re: West Dallas: Trinity Groves

Postby Tnexster » 17 Mar 2017 14:41

Phil Romano-tied venture opens latest Trinity Groves concept: A luxury community

http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news/ ... inity.html

So far, Cypress has signed the following retail leases:

Steam Theory Brewing Co., an upscale restaurant and brewery with up to 70 different craft beers, has leased about 8,000 square feet within the building.

Texas Capital Bank has leased 3,800 square feet within the building.

Bingbox Snow Cream Co., a Korean-style shave ice with a variety of infusions, has leased 1,330 square feet of space. This is the first Bingbox outside of New York City in the United States.

Morgan Cafe, a Chicago-based restaurant, has leased 2,655 square feet within the building.

K's Kitchen, a traditional Korean BBQ Grill, has leased 5,815 square feet for its restaurant.

Tnexster
Posts: 1646
Joined: 22 Oct 2016 16:33
Location: Dallas

Re: West Dallas: Trinity Groves

Postby Tnexster » 31 Mar 2017 12:00

High-rise hotel, luxury living and office building on menu for Dallas' Trinity Groves

http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news/ ... lding.html

A development venture for Dallas' Trinity Groves — an 80-acre mixed-use destination neighborhood — has some big plans for the next phase of its project.

Those plans include a 16-story, 223-key Autograph Collection by Marriott hotel, a 310-unit luxury apartment community with live-work lofts and a five-story, 200,000-square-foot office building meant for creative-type firms.


Along with pairing the high-rise hotel with the next course of luxury apartments, West Dallas Investments could also start a five-story, 200,000-square-foot office building geared to creative-type companies — much like the buildings in Dallas' West End neighborhood.

DPatel304
Posts: 1067
Joined: 19 Oct 2016 18:49

Re: West Dallas: Trinity Groves

Postby DPatel304 » 31 Mar 2017 12:21

I'm honestly shocked at the amount of development going on here. I know, eventually, this will be some pretty prime real estate, but, as of now, it just feels so isolated. It's not really easy to walk/bike to and from here to other areas and there isn't much public transportation servicing this area.

I'm not complaining, but there are just so many other up and coming areas in Dallas that have much better connectivity than West Dallas.

Of course, this will all change once we start seeing development on the other side of the continental bridge. More so if Continental Ave/Lamar St can become more pedestrian friendly and help connect the West End, to Victory Park, to (lower) Design District, to this Continental Bridge.

User avatar
tanzoak
Posts: 457
Joined: 18 Dec 2016 19:15

Re: West Dallas: Trinity Groves

Postby tanzoak » 31 Mar 2017 13:09

DPatel304 wrote:I'm honestly shocked at the amount of development going on here. I know, eventually, this will be some pretty prime real estate, but, as of now, it just feels so isolated.


I'm pretty surprised, too. But I guess it does offer an easy-to-develop area with super easy access to downtown, uptown, and the medical district.

User avatar
Tivo_Kenevil
Posts: 1063
Joined: 20 Oct 2016 12:24

Re: West Dallas: Trinity Groves

Postby Tivo_Kenevil » 31 Mar 2017 13:20

La Bajada has met it's defeat. Sad, but in a way good since the area is improving.

With that said, this area along with Bishop Arts,OC- Sylvan 30 Area can become connected at the rate they're growing.

Definitely need better transit though.

User avatar
willyk
Posts: 406
Joined: 18 Oct 2016 20:20

Re: West Dallas: Trinity Groves

Postby willyk » 31 Mar 2017 20:04

An office building like the West End buildings targeting creatives makes a lot more sense than the curved glass tower they had proposed earlier.

But the isolation and desolation of the neighborhood will be a perpetual drag on development. Someone needs to figure out how to get some connectivity and critical mass with what is happening on Sylvan and Commerce.

cowboyeagle05
Posts: 1436
Joined: 21 Oct 2016 08:45

Re: West Dallas: Trinity Groves

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 03 Apr 2017 17:42

I'm still confused by y'all s perplexity of the connectivity. This site is connected to the busiest highways with the fancy white bridge. It's literally a quick ride from here to Uptown, Downtown, Oak Lawn, 35-corridor, 75 corridor, Klyde Warren, Arts District or even Deep Ellum and Oak Cliff. Has a pedestrian bridge that will connect to the River Front bike lanes on the other side. So we now have bike lanes, solid pedestrian connections and all new high speed car travel lanes connected. Sylvan is about to be totally repaired between 30 and Singleton so there's another connection that doesn't require going through the mix-master. Also Singleton was totally rebuilt and a new Sylvan Ave bridge was built to connect you to 35 and north Dallas. Also Commerce and Beckely intersection with bike accommodations is currently under construction. Let's not forget the city is moving ahead with reconnecting the street grid between Commerce and and Singleton which will get funding because its the cities new Uptown in terms of blossoming development so city hall will be more liekly to find the funds to accommodate the growth.

If you mean it needs more mass transit that might be the better phrasing to use than the generic "connectivity" language. I just don't see it as disconnected at all. Its so easy to get to even during heavy traffic days plus the property is so underdeveloped there is less push back on new development.

User avatar
tamtagon
Site Admin
Posts: 1384
Joined: 16 Oct 2016 12:04

Re: West Dallas: Trinity Groves

Postby tamtagon » 03 Apr 2017 17:49

It's the next Uptown.

User avatar
willyk
Posts: 406
Joined: 18 Oct 2016 20:20

Re: West Dallas: Trinity Groves

Postby willyk » 03 Apr 2017 20:31

cowboyeagle05 wrote:I'm still confused by y'all s perplexity of the connectivity. This site is connected to the busiest highways with the fancy white bridge. It's literally a quick ride from here to Uptown, Downtown, Oak Lawn, 35-corridor, 75 corridor, Klyde Warren, Arts District or even Deep Ellum and Oak Cliff. Has a pedestrian bridge that will connect to the River Front bike lanes on the other side. So we now have bike lanes, solid pedestrian connections and all new high speed car travel lanes connected. Sylvan is about to be totally repaired between 30 and Singleton so there's another connection that doesn't require going through the mix-master. Also Singleton was totally rebuilt and a new Sylvan Ave bridge was built to connect you to 35 and north Dallas. Also Commerce and Beckely intersection with bike accommodations is currently under construction. Let's not forget the city is moving ahead with reconnecting the street grid between Commerce and and Singleton which will get funding because its the cities new Uptown in terms of blossoming development so city hall will be more liekly to find the funds to accommodate the growth.

If you mean it needs more mass transit that might be the better phrasing to use than the generic "connectivity" language. I just don't see it as disconnected at all. Its so easy to get to even during heavy traffic days plus the property is so underdeveloped there is less push back on new development.


All good and valid points. All of these things will help. But here is the fatal flaw in the neighborhood:

If you live in the Cypress Apartments at Trinity Groves can you walk to Sylvan Thirty? If you live at the various Sylvan Thirty developments can you walk to Trinity Groves? If you live at Trinity Green can walk out of your parking lot? How about on a bike?

The answer is no, because all of these projects are isolated islands, with no connectivity to one another, surrounded by an ocean of urban desolation.

Even in their most undiscovered, frontier days, McKinney Ave, Deep Ellum and the Design District were merely unexciting. They were always walkable and livable.

Until the connections between Singleton and Commerce are reestablished, and we see some restataurants and retail fill in the gaps, the neighborhood environs will put downward pressure on rents and values. If the City and the owners can turn that around in a year or two, no problem. If not, the other in town neighborhoods will continue to press their advantage in livability, and this neighborhood will lose its shine and its ability to attract the rents they want.

lakewoodhobo
Posts: 679
Joined: 20 Oct 2016 13:49
Location: Elmwood, Oak Cliff

Re: West Dallas: Trinity Groves

Postby lakewoodhobo » 04 Apr 2017 08:01

Isn't it pretty easy to take the west levee from Trinity Groves to Zang and the streetcar? I think the street improvements in the works are great, but the levee trail is what connects everything from Sylvan Bridge to the Santa Fe Trestle.

cowboyeagle05
Posts: 1436
Joined: 21 Oct 2016 08:45

Re: West Dallas: Trinity Groves

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 04 Apr 2017 08:44

willyk wrote:
cowboyeagle05 wrote:I'm still confused by y'all s perplexity of the connectivity. This site is connected to the busiest highways with the fancy white bridge. It's literally a quick ride from here to Uptown, Downtown, Oak Lawn, 35-corridor, 75 corridor, Klyde Warren, Arts District or even Deep Ellum and Oak Cliff. Has a pedestrian bridge that will connect to the River Front bike lanes on the other side. So we now have bike lanes, solid pedestrian connections and all new high speed car travel lanes connected. Sylvan is about to be totally repaired between 30 and Singleton so there's another connection that doesn't require going through the mix-master. Also Singleton was totally rebuilt and a new Sylvan Ave bridge was built to connect you to 35 and north Dallas. Also Commerce and Beckely intersection with bike accommodations is currently under construction. Let's not forget the city is moving ahead with reconnecting the street grid between Commerce and and Singleton which will get funding because its the cities new Uptown in terms of blossoming development so city hall will be more liekly to find the funds to accommodate the growth.

If you mean it needs more mass transit that might be the better phrasing to use than the generic "connectivity" language. I just don't see it as disconnected at all. Its so easy to get to even during heavy traffic days plus the property is so underdeveloped there is less push back on new development.


All good and valid points. All of these things will help. But here is the fatal flaw in the neighborhood:

If you live in the Cypress Apartments at Trinity Groves can you walk to Sylvan Thirty? If you live at the various Sylvan Thirty developments can you walk to Trinity Groves? If you live at Trinity Green can walk out of your parking lot? How about on a bike?

The answer is no, because all of these projects are isolated islands, with no connectivity to one another, surrounded by an ocean of urban desolation.

Even in their most undiscovered, frontier days, McKinney Ave, Deep Ellum and the Design District were merely unexciting. They were always walkable and livable.

Until the connections between Singleton and Commerce are reestablished, and we see some restataurants and retail fill in the gaps, the neighborhood environs will put downward pressure on rents and values. If the City and the owners can turn that around in a year or two, no problem. If not, the other in town neighborhoods will continue to press their advantage in livability, and this neighborhood will lose its shine and its ability to attract the rents they want.



I disagree they are not islands and Sylvan Thirty connection to Singleton is about to get better when they finish the roadwork there when the bike lane is extended to Singleton, already under-contract to be completed within the next year. They aren't any more islands than the Design District has been with Victory Park which wasn't an ideal connection at all but was still functional until a better solution was eventually implemented. There are brand new sidewalks on Singleton all the way down to Hampton. They have street trees but they aren't super wide. At Trinity Groves they have already widened the city built sidewalks and Trinity Green will also be making similar improvements as they phase in their development. Almost all the roads connected to both areas have bike markings as well. Plus new connections are coming and are already approved. Commerce/Fort Worth Avenue has bike share markings and all new developments are quickly adding wider sidewalks since the area was a largely industrial before now. My point being is you can easily use a car, go by foot or ride a bike as things stand today and right now a number of projects already in process of being built are making things even better connected than today. I dont see the need to bemoan a lack of connectivity when its clear the area is getting attention from city hall and new development that will only improve what wasnt there in the past life of West Dallas.

User avatar
Dettmann1
Posts: 36
Joined: 10 Jan 2017 09:05

Re: West Dallas: Trinity Groves

Postby Dettmann1 » 04 Apr 2017 11:56

I've got to say I agree with Cowboyeagle. This area, in fact all of west Dallas/North OC falls into the area of fantastic connectivity. I realize its not Transit connectivity, but Dallas is pretty much still a Car city at this point and will be for quite some time.

West Dallas/North OC has so many routes from it to Downtown, Uptown, Design District, Love Field, and the rest of the metro area west and northwest that you rarely run into traffic issues. I can leave my house near Bishop Arts and be in the heart of downtown or uptown within 15 minutes during rush hour. Given that and the relative low cost of land compared to the rest of areas in Dallas, it shouldn't come as a surprise that this area is blowing up and will continue to. All goes back to location, location, location.

I recently moved to Dallas from Atlanta and in a lot of ways, Dallas reminds me of Atlanta 10 years ago from an urban perspective. It has its pockets, but they are isolated, transit doesn't really connect anything, burbs around the city are booming and the city in comparison is chugging along, but not really the focus of the development and relocations.

You look at Atlanta now and its completely different. All the pockets that isolated areas of the city have started to fill in to create a cohesive "Connected neighborhoods". You have to start somewhere and the main driver of that ends up being affordability and connectivity. That's what is driving West Dallas/North OC and will continue for quite some time.

User avatar
tamtagon
Site Admin
Posts: 1384
Joined: 16 Oct 2016 12:04

Re: West Dallas: Trinity Groves

Postby tamtagon » 04 Apr 2017 12:22

Dettmann1 wrote:I recently moved to Dallas from Atlanta and in a lot of ways, Dallas reminds me of Atlanta 10 years ago from an urban perspective.


It's remarkable... as much transition and repair happening to Downtown Dallas, with an entire new section of "downtown" sprouted and growing strong (VP/Uptown)... Atlanta is still 10 years ahead.

Dallas can do better than that.

User avatar
tanzoak
Posts: 457
Joined: 18 Dec 2016 19:15

Re: West Dallas: Trinity Groves

Postby tanzoak » 04 Apr 2017 20:33

tamtagon wrote:
Dettmann1 wrote:I recently moved to Dallas from Atlanta and in a lot of ways, Dallas reminds me of Atlanta 10 years ago from an urban perspective.


It's remarkable... as much transition and repair happening to Downtown Dallas, with an entire new section of "downtown" sprouted and growing strong (VP/Uptown)... Atlanta is still 10 years ahead.

Dallas can do better than that.


Hmm. I've never lived in Atlanta, but based on what I do know about its density (by far the sprawliest metro.. literally half the weighted density of DFW or Houston) and its street grid (extremely limited), I'm pretty skeptical of this claim.

Density isn't everything, of course, but check out these same-scale maps of the urban core.
Image

User avatar
tanzoak
Posts: 457
Joined: 18 Dec 2016 19:15

Re: West Dallas: Trinity Groves

Postby tanzoak » 04 Apr 2017 20:39

But keeping on-topic, the light beige area that is West Dallas would look very nice a darker shade of orange/brown!

User avatar
Dettmann1
Posts: 36
Joined: 10 Jan 2017 09:05

Re: West Dallas: Trinity Groves

Postby Dettmann1 » 10 Apr 2017 09:08

tanzoak wrote:
tamtagon wrote:
Dettmann1 wrote:I recently moved to Dallas from Atlanta and in a lot of ways, Dallas reminds me of Atlanta 10 years ago from an urban perspective.


It's remarkable... as much transition and repair happening to Downtown Dallas, with an entire new section of "downtown" sprouted and growing strong (VP/Uptown)... Atlanta is still 10 years ahead.

Dallas can do better than that.


Hmm. I've never lived in Atlanta, but based on what I do know about its density (by far the sprawliest metro.. literally half the weighted density of DFW or Houston) and its street grid (extremely limited), I'm pretty skeptical of this claim.

Density isn't everything, of course, but check out these same-scale maps of the urban core.
Image


As you said density isn't everything and I'd encourage you to visit Atlanta to see similarities. Midtown Atlanta is a lot like uptown, with countless buildings under construction. Places like Old Fourth Ward, Little Five Points, Virginia Highlands have a feel of West Dallas/North OC but are light years ahead in terms of development. There was a time 15-20 years ago where you couldn't get a loan for houses in Virginia Highlands because of crime, etc. Fast forward to now and its one of the most expensive in town neighborhoods in Atlanta with bungalows going for $750k to $1 mil. That's where I see a lot of the similarities. West Dallas & North OC has the potential to become similar to Virginia Highlands in terms of the character of the neighborhood, its history, and its convenience to the urban core.

Dallas has its differences, its a much larger city with capacity for a much larger population than Atlanta (Which it already has of course). But that also means Atlanta can feel like a much more dense city with not as large of a population. I moved to Atlanta nearly 15 years ago and at that time, it really wasn't a city you'd visit outside of a little civil war history. Fast Forward to today and its a fantastic city all around.

lakewoodhobo
Posts: 679
Joined: 20 Oct 2016 13:49
Location: Elmwood, Oak Cliff

Re: West Dallas: Trinity Groves

Postby lakewoodhobo » 14 Jul 2017 10:00

Discover 'snow desserts' when New York City shop arrives in Dallas
https://www.guidelive.com/food-and-drin ... ce=Twitter

BingBox Snow Cream Co. specializes in Korean bingsu, or a finely shaved ice that they call snow cream, though the dessert shop does it a little differently then what you typically see at other Korean ice dessert shops. Instead of adding condensed milk or fruit syrup on top of the shaved ice, BingBox infuses flavor into the snow itself.

BingBox's home in Trinity Groves is at the new mixed-use development Cypress, which is located across the street from the main strip of restaurants and shops. While the dessert shop will be the first tenant at Cypress, other shops that are expected to join include upscale restaurant and brewery Steam Theory Brewing Company and Korean BBQ restaurant K's Kitchen.

User avatar
Matt777
Posts: 442
Joined: 28 Oct 2016 09:10

Re: West Dallas: Trinity Groves

Postby Matt777 » 14 Jul 2017 13:32

With two Korean restaurants going in here, wouldn't it be cool to see a Korean enclave develop like the areas around 35/Royal, and in Carrollton? Most of the authentic Asian food places are so far from the city center. It would be great to see local Asian business owners invest in the city center. I wish the best for these 2 new places!

User avatar
Tivo_Kenevil
Posts: 1063
Joined: 20 Oct 2016 12:24

Re: West Dallas: Trinity Groves

Postby Tivo_Kenevil » 14 Jul 2017 13:38

Matt777 wrote:With two Korean restaurants going in here, wouldn't it be cool to see a Korean enclave develop like the areas around 35/Royal, and in Carrollton? Most of the authentic Asian food places are so far from the city center. It would be great to see local Asian business owners invest in the city center. I wish the best for these 2 new places!



The area in Far North Dallas/ Richardson/Garland near Skillman & Audelia has great Asian food..better IMO than the one by Royal & 35.

DPatel304
Posts: 1067
Joined: 19 Oct 2016 18:49

Re: West Dallas: Trinity Groves

Postby DPatel304 » 14 Jul 2017 14:02

Matt777 wrote:With two Korean restaurants going in here, wouldn't it be cool to see a Korean enclave develop like the areas around 35/Royal, and in Carrollton? Most of the authentic Asian food places are so far from the city center. It would be great to see local Asian business owners invest in the city center. I wish the best for these 2 new places!


Yeah, we definitely need way more diversity in the city. Plenty of good ethnic cuisine in DFW, but all of it is in the suburbs.

User avatar
anon
Posts: 7
Joined: 31 Oct 2016 22:13

Re: West Dallas: Trinity Groves

Postby anon » 14 Jul 2017 14:33

Tivo_Kenevil wrote:
The area in Far North Dallas/ Richardson/Garland near Skillman & Audelia has great Asian food..better IMO than the one by Royal & 35.


Yeah, it's better if you like Vietnamese food. For those looking for Korean food, Royal and 35 is obviously the better option.

User avatar
Matt777
Posts: 442
Joined: 28 Oct 2016 09:10

Re: West Dallas: Trinity Groves

Postby Matt777 » 14 Jul 2017 18:58

My dream would be for the best restaurants in the Richardson Chinatown area (especially Jeng Chi) to open outposts in Downtown/Uptown. Modern app technology could make delivery a big business for them to the moneyed Uptown/Downtown crowd that has to deal with crappy and expensive options currently. Places like Panda on Oak Lawn charge $15+ for a plate of slop (and that place smells awful inside, like an old lady's cedar closet). Jeng Chi's prices are low, and their quality is outstanding. A Kirin Court Dim Sum restaurant would be great near Klyde Warren, on McKinney, or in Deep Ellum!

Zenna Thai did this exact thing. They were always in Plano, and opened a downtown Dallas location which they later moved and expanded, and it always seems to do brisk lunch, happy hour, dinner, and delivery business.

User avatar
ericthegardener
Posts: 71
Joined: 24 Oct 2016 20:32

Re: West Dallas: Trinity Groves

Postby ericthegardener » 14 Jul 2017 20:36

I love Jeng Chi! I've often said that Richardson is the only suburb I could live in, largely because of Jeng Chi. I might never go north of 635 if it weren't for all the great food in Richardson. Wouldn't want Jeng Chi in Dallas if they couldn't keep up the quality control though.

User avatar
Tivo_Kenevil
Posts: 1063
Joined: 20 Oct 2016 12:24

Re: West Dallas: Trinity Groves

Postby Tivo_Kenevil » 14 Jul 2017 21:57

Ok.. there's several lil good spots in Garland/Richardson.

In Garland I like their Latin food. The Tacos on Miller Rd and Garland Rd in a gas station. I also like the Gran Machu Picchu (Peruvian) on NW and Saturn rd. (it may be Dallas). There's also good amount of Salvadoran Pupuserias.

Richardson is great for Asian as mentioned!

lakewoodhobo
Posts: 679
Joined: 20 Oct 2016 13:49
Location: Elmwood, Oak Cliff

Re: West Dallas: Trinity Groves

Postby lakewoodhobo » 17 Feb 2018 12:19

Do we know what's going on between Beeville and Bataan? I know the city is straightening Bataan at some point, but this looks like West Dallas Investments cleared the lot for development. They haven't replatted this block as far as I can tell.

Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 12.18.46 PM.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lakewoodhobo
Posts: 679
Joined: 20 Oct 2016 13:49
Location: Elmwood, Oak Cliff

Re: West Dallas: Trinity Groves

Postby lakewoodhobo » 06 Mar 2018 11:28

Update on the "3-hole punch" project for Herbert, Bataan and Amonette. Construction expected to start in the fall of 2019 and be completed by the fall of 2021.

https://gallery.mailchimp.com/1b521d19e ... eeting.pdf

As you can see, there's a roundabout proposed for Bataan and W Commerce.

Screen Shot 2018-03-06 at 2.12.20 PM.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cowboyeagle05
Posts: 1436
Joined: 21 Oct 2016 08:45

Re: West Dallas: Trinity Groves

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 08 Mar 2018 10:24

Also, some more renderings released...
https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news/2018/03/06/how-dallas-restauranteur-phil-romano-plans-to.html

...The partnership plans to launch an advertising campaign in Seattle to tout the restaurant incubator-anchored entertainment destination at the base of the Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge to the next generation of Amazon employees...

"We have almost 9 million square feet to develop here and that's why Trinity Groves is appealing to Amazon, they don't have to assemble anything," Romano said. "It has the amenities.

"This whole thing was developed kind of ass-backwards," he added. "We put the amenities in here first and now we're building a community and Amazon could be part of that community."

..."Even if Amazon doesn't come out here, we are ready to go with all these developers," Romano said. "We've been playing slow ball with them and have been holding them off until we find out what Amazon will do.

"If Amazon comes here, God bless it," he added. "If it doesn't come, we still got it going."


tgamazon.jpg
tghotel-office-rendering-looking-east.jpg
tgdrop-off-view.jpg
tgsouth-viewgensler.jpg
tgnorth-view.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
DallasMan
Posts: 30
Joined: 25 Oct 2016 09:06

Re: West Dallas: Trinity Groves

Postby DallasMan » 08 Mar 2018 10:44

Lol, those renderings are ridiculous.

lakewoodhobo
Posts: 679
Joined: 20 Oct 2016 13:49
Location: Elmwood, Oak Cliff

Re: West Dallas: Trinity Groves

Postby lakewoodhobo » 08 Mar 2018 11:04

Tenants signed up for the ground floor of the building...include Steam Theory Brewing Co. with 8,000 square feet and K's Kitchen with a 5,815 square foot location for a new Korean barbeque grill.
Morgan Café from Chicago has rented a 2,655 square foot restaurant space.
And Bingbox Snow Cream Co. will have a 1,330 square foot shaved ice dessert shop.

With the success of the first phase, Reynolds said the developers are ready to push ahead with a second, 325-unit apartment building on the adjoining Singleton Boulevard block just to the west.

A 223-room Marriott hotel is in the works for the block that's now the location of a concrete plant near Singleton and Beckley Avenue.

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/real-estate/2017/03/10/apartments-restaurants-coming-west-dallas-trinity-groves


It's been a year since this article was published. Not complaining about the slow pace or anything, but it looks like the only tenants that have opened in the Cypress building are Texas Capital Bank and Yellow Rose Barbershop. Steam Theory updates regularly on FB so it's clear that they are on track to open soon. No idea what the status is on K's Kitchen, Morgan Café or Bingbox Snow Cream Co.

There's a bunch of construction activity west of here so it does seem like they're moving forward with the 325-unit next phase mentioned in the story (highlighted in purple).

tgnorth-view.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DPatel304
Posts: 1067
Joined: 19 Oct 2016 18:49

Re: West Dallas: Trinity Groves

Postby DPatel304 » 08 Mar 2018 14:50

Image
Why does it still look like the building across the street from the Trinity Groves restaurants (directly east of it) does nothing to interaction with the pedestrian bridge or potential Trinity River park next to it.

I get that it's a high profile site, but I'd love to just see an extension of the Trinity Groves restaurants that interacts with the pedestrian bridge better and provides for some amazing views. This tall office building will block any existing views the restaurants have at the moment.

I realize this are only renderings and nothing is even close to happening but all renderings I've seen for this plot of land show a giant office building with surface parking in front of it with no effort to capitalize on the location.

User avatar
Tivo_Kenevil
Posts: 1063
Joined: 20 Oct 2016 12:24

Re: West Dallas: Trinity Groves

Postby Tivo_Kenevil » 17 Jul 2018 09:28

New Hotel is a go at Trinity Groves.

They mention the possibility of adding a rail component to the project. Interesting

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Hotel ... 27621.html


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BigD5349 and 17 guests

Login