Dallas Fort Worth Urban Forum

Downtown Dallas: Bryan Tower

Tnexster

Downtown Dallas: Bryan Tower

Postby Tnexster » 03 Oct 2018 20:21

CEO: Baylor Scott & White Health will vacate Bryan Tower in Dallas

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news ... bryan.html

Baylor Scott & White Health will vacate Bryan Tower in downtown Dallas when it consolidates into a large office administration facility in Deep Ellum, the health care system’s CEO said today.

"The employees that are in (Bryan Tower) are part of the consolidation," Jim Hinton, CEO of Baylor Scott & White Health, told the Dallas Business Journal on Wednesday. "When the new building is opened, we will be moving them."

lakewoodhobo

Re: Downtown Dallas: Bryan Tower

Postby lakewoodhobo » 03 Oct 2018 21:44

Per the Steve Brown version of the story:

And the building owners are completing a restaurant that opens in January with a patio extending almost all the way to the sidewalk of Harwood Street.

I haven't seen anything under construction facing Harwood, but if true that's at least some good news.

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 04 Oct 2018 10:54

Yeah, I talked with the architect of record on that and they are finally making some relevant improvements to the building. Apparently, the patio might not be the only addition. At a minimum, we may get some updates to the landscaping around the base to improve the urban qualities of the building which is set pretty far back on the site.

The other factor that's important here is SPIRE who owns all those lots near the Art's District offices and owns this building so this will be an indicator of their ability to survive.

Cbdallas

Postby Cbdallas » 04 Oct 2018 11:05

With the improvements coming to the building and the new park nearby coming hopefully they can secure a new lease to absorb this loss. That part of downtown is on the move so I hope this doesn't stifle that energy.

lakewoodhobo

Postby lakewoodhobo » 04 Oct 2018 11:33

Honestly not sure how Payless is doing as a company, but if they wanted to test an urban/technology concept store this would be a great place for it, next to whatever restaurant the owners are planning.

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 04 Oct 2018 11:43

^a resurfacing downtown like Dallas is a great place for all those once successful but faded brands to test-market for the next couple of generations. Dallas in particular is a desirable try-it-on demographic, has been for decades.

If JCPenny has any brain power left, they'll high-tail it out of the suburbs and get into the city. In addition to the toxic management attacking that company, it's stagnating itself to the same library category as Radio Shaq, Circuit City, Sears, Wards....

dallaz

Postby dallaz » 04 Oct 2018 12:17

tamtagon wrote:^a resurfacing downtown like Dallas is a great place for all those once successful but faded brands to test-market for the next couple of generations. Dallas in particular is a desirable try-it-on demographic, has been for decades.

If JCPenny has any brain power left, they'll high-tail it out of the suburbs and get into the city. In addition to the toxic management attacking that company, it's stagnating itself to the same library category as Radio Shaq, Circuit City, Sears, Wards....

(I know this is off topic)

Wow. You just brought back so many of my childhood memories, when you mentioned Montgomery Ward. I totally forgot about that store until now. I spent a good chunk of my childhood there :lol:

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 04 Oct 2018 12:28

tamtagon wrote:If JCPenny has any brain power left, they'll high-tail it out of the suburbs and get into the city. In addition to the toxic management attacking that company, it's stagnating itself to the same library category as Radio Shaq, Circuit City, Sears, Wards....

I don't know if JCP is going to make it, their stock price is in steep decline and as of today sits at $1.67. At the rate they are going they will be a penny stock before long.

lakewoodhobo

Postby lakewoodhobo » 19 Oct 2018 07:50

Dallas' Bryan Tower joins 'amenities gone wild' trend to attract new downtown tenants
https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... -dog-parks

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 24 Oct 2018 12:26

Rendering from the article above...
bryantower.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.