Dallas Fort Worth Urban Forum

Uptown Dallas: Marriott Uptown

User avatar
maconahey
Posts: 208
Joined: 20 Oct 2016 13:07

Uptown Dallas: Marriott Uptown

Postby maconahey » 06 Mar 2018 09:22

The Marriott Uptown project is located in the heart of Dallas’ Uptown neighborhood and will be a full service Marriott branded hotel.
The hotel will be a half block from the Katy Trail, which is Dallas’s most active biking and pedestrian trail. The site is within a short walk of over five million square feet of Dallas’s best office space and also over 60 restaurants and bars. Marriott will be exceptionally positioned to benefit from both business and leisure travelers.

The project will include 255 guest rooms in a 14-story concrete tower over three levels of a below-ground garage.
Amenities will include a ground-floor restaurant, coffee shop, pool deck, and 13,000 square feet of meeting space. Room finishes will be in-line with the Marriott Modern design scheme creating a contemporary environment for working and relaxing.



Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


http://www.alamomanhattan.com/modules/c ... tt-uptown#

User avatar
maconahey
Posts: 208
Joined: 20 Oct 2016 13:07

Re: Uptown Dallas: Marriott Uptown

Postby maconahey » 06 Mar 2018 09:24

https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external/se ... 67&row=329
Received Date: 02/27/2018
Entered Date: 02/27/2018

Construction Info Structure Summary
Notice Of: CONSTR
Duration: PERM (Months: 0 Days: 0)
Work Schedule: 05/01/2018 to 07/01/2018

Structure Type: Building
Structure Name: Marriott Uptown


Proposed
Site Elevation: 470
Structure Height:167
Total Height (AMSL):637

DPatel304
Posts: 805
Joined: 19 Oct 2016 18:49

Re: Uptown Dallas: Marriott Uptown

Postby DPatel304 » 06 Mar 2018 09:29

Looks good to me! Is it just me, or have the number of projects slowed down recently? It seems like we are seeing more smaller projects in under-developed areas like East Dallas, West Dallas, Oak Cliff, and the Cedars, and the big projects in Uptown have slowed. I suppose it makes sense, since land in Uptown is far more expensive these days, so you can't just throw up some cheap apartment building anymore, you have to develop something worthwhile otherwise it just doesn't make sense.

It says this is the address of the project, so are they tearing down whatever is already there:
EDIT: I'm not sure if this is the address of the actual development. It could be the address of an office they have or something.
3000 Fairmount Street
Dallas, TX 75201

https://www.google.com/maps/place/3000+ ... 96.8070716

User avatar
joshua.dodd
Posts: 293
Joined: 23 Oct 2016 01:11

Re: Uptown Dallas: Marriott Uptown

Postby joshua.dodd » 06 Mar 2018 10:49

I believe we are finally starting to see a slowdown in the market. Even the tower that was supposed to replace Idle Rich off McKinney and Boll fell through.

User avatar
jrd1964
Posts: 330
Joined: 19 Oct 2016 06:38

Re: Uptown Dallas: Marriott Uptown

Postby jrd1964 » 06 Mar 2018 12:19

There was a previous thread about this project, but I'm not sure of the title. The hotel is going in east of Nick & Sam's where an apartment/condo complex is now; Wolf/Fairmount/Carlisle are the surrounding streets.

User avatar
tanzoak
Posts: 438
Joined: 18 Dec 2016 19:15

Re: Uptown Dallas: Marriott Uptown

Postby tanzoak » 07 Mar 2018 01:31

DPatel304 wrote:Looks good to me! Is it just me, or have the number of projects slowed down recently? It seems like we are seeing more smaller projects in under-developed areas like East Dallas, West Dallas, Oak Cliff, and the Cedars, and the big projects in Uptown have slowed. I suppose it makes sense, since land in Uptown is far more expensive these days, so you can't just throw up some cheap apartment building anymore, you have to develop something worthwhile otherwise it just doesn't make sense.


Over the last 12 months, only 4,800 multifamily units have been issued building permits in Dallas, compared to over 12,000 18 months ago. So yeah, multifamily projects across the board have slowed down recently. Single-family projects (which includes townhouses), on the other hand, have actually increased over that time period, from 1,500 to 2,100.

User avatar
dzh
Posts: 10
Joined: 14 Dec 2016 20:24

Re: Uptown Dallas: Marriott Uptown

Postby dzh » 07 Mar 2018 06:55

It's too bad this Marriott isn't a JW Marriott. I'm sure this will still be a nice infill however

DPatel304
Posts: 805
Joined: 19 Oct 2016 18:49

Re: Uptown Dallas: Marriott Uptown

Postby DPatel304 » 07 Mar 2018 08:54

tanzoak wrote:Over the last 12 months, only 4,800 multifamily units have been issued building permits in Dallas, compared to over 12,000 18 months ago. So yeah, multifamily projects across the board have slowed down recently. Single-family projects (which includes townhouses), on the other hand, have actually increased over that time period, from 1,500 to 2,100.


Wow, some interesting numbers for sure. That's probably wise, as we need time to let the market absorb all the new apartments coming online this year.

User avatar
kingpin
Posts: 276
Joined: 14 Nov 2016 09:24

Re: Uptown Dallas: Marriott Uptown

Postby kingpin » 07 Mar 2018 17:22

joshua.dodd wrote:I believe we are finally starting to see a slowdown in the market. Even the tower that was supposed to replace Idle Rich off McKinney and Boll fell through.



what makes you say that?

User avatar
scott2
Posts: 4
Joined: 01 Jun 2017 16:22

Re: Uptown Dallas: Marriott Uptown

Postby scott2 » 07 Mar 2018 19:37

dzh wrote:It's too bad this Marriott isn't a JW Marriott. I'm sure this will still be a nice infill however

JW Marriotts tend to be upscale convention properties and that lot is too small. It would make a better second Convention Center Hotel. There is a big surface parking across the street that would be perfect.

Tnexster
Posts: 1133
Joined: 22 Oct 2016 16:33
Location: Dallas

Re: Uptown Dallas: Marriott Uptown

Postby Tnexster » 12 Mar 2018 21:10

I have wondered when JW will make an appearance in Dallas.

User avatar
tamtagon
Site Admin
Posts: 1105
Joined: 16 Oct 2016 12:04

Re: Uptown Dallas: Marriott Uptown

Postby tamtagon » 12 Mar 2018 21:20

Probably with the train to Houston ---- without a subsidy I hope


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests

Login