Dallas Fort Worth Urban Forum

Carlisle Street "Redevelopment"/ Angela Hunt project

Carlisle Street "Redevelopment"/ Angela Hunt project

Postby Matt777 » 05 Jan 2018 02:29

What happened to the thread on this project? I remember reading something about it on here. Well, Angela Hunt and her developer buddies are asking for $20 million dollars of taxpayer money and a zoning variance allowing larger lot coverage to build a "luxury" 5 story stick built rental complex with one of the most yawn inducing designs presented to date in Dallas. The site is on Carlisle adjacent to the Katy trail. She's calling it "urban renewal" haha. This will replace over 100 condo units, some occupant owned, with cheaply built overpriced rental housing AND for some reason cost the taxpayer $20 million.

This. Crap. Has. To. Stop.

There's a meeting on January 9th at the Melrose. Info below. We need to put a stop to this and have a thorough review of the incentive programs for developers, both past and present. This is blatant abuse and I have lost all respect for Angela Hunt.

Re: Carlisle Street "Redevelopment"/ Angela Hunt project

Postby DPatel304 » 05 Jan 2018 10:57

Is this the site between Hall and Bowen? Wasn't there some really fancy renderings of a gorgeous looking high-rise for this particular lot, or am I confused?

Regardless, I definitely agree with you. This proposed apartment complex is lame, and this is some prime real estate being wasted here, and the fact that they want an incentive for it is hilarious.

Postby Tivo_Kenevil » 05 Jan 2018 11:10

The original thread is here^

Postby LongonBigD » 05 Jan 2018 23:48

I think this is the same OLC meeting which will discuss the proposed apt development at Cole & Armstrong, a complex NOT requesting $20mm OR above ground parking. Should be interesting.