Oak Cliff Progressing

Tnexster

Re: Oak Cliff Progressing

Postby Tnexster » 13 Aug 2018 16:52

Where did Trinity Flooring go?

Dettmann1

Postby Dettmann1 » 13 Aug 2018 19:53

I can't remember where I saw them, but at one point plans for apartments were submitted for that site. I think it was a UDPRP submittal for review and discussion, but I can't find them now. Basically is was a 4 story building taking most of the lot. Looked decent from what I remember.

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 14 Aug 2018 08:48

The rooftop of whatever is built there would have a beautiful view of the skyline that's for sure. If they didn't do a rooftop pool with views of the skyline they would be leaving money on the table. The levees wouldn't be a bad area for people to walk their dogs either. I am hoping this little grid of streets does fill up with some urban housing. Its a tight little area between Methodist and I-30 so it could be a great micro-neighborhood. I just hope some retail space shows up along Beckley that wakes it up a little more. It could be a nice little stretch of restaurant/retail/neighborhood service with some good energy if the right spaces are built on the east side into new buildings and the west side sees some turnover. I wouldn't hate there being some townhomes though and not just Dallas apartment donuts.

lakewoodhobo

Postby lakewoodhobo » 15 Aug 2018 15:05

Just to the north of this area, Dallas County is unloading 2.9 acres of land, an L-shaped property adjacent to the McDermott bridge.

And just to the south of the block being cleared now is a good-size parcel owned by Dallas County Schools, or rather the DCS dissolution committee, that will no doubt go on the market soon.

IMG_9083.JPG

Now that construction of Beckley and W Commerce is done, this stretch of Oak Cliff might get some more attention from developers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 15 Aug 2018 16:06

Great info, thanks for sharing. Now if the city could just get those pedestrian bridges finished.

Tivo_Kenevil

Postby Tivo_Kenevil » 15 Aug 2018 17:26

The sidewalks need connection on this stretch; especially on some of those little streets. Some don't even Have sidewalks.

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 16 Aug 2018 10:22

Sadly developers will come in build up and be gone before the city even thinks about making the area urban/pedestrian oriented.