Dallas Fort Worth Urban Forum

Oaklawn: Old Parkland

rono3849

Re: Oaklawn: Old Parkland

Postby rono3849 » 23 Jun 2020 17:24

The_Overdog wrote:Dallas needs more church bell noise.

I was in London this past December and enjoyed hearing Big Ben's bells announcing the new hour. It was hardly a church bell. Anything to give Dallas some character is an improvement in my estimation. So much of the city's history has been destroyed over the years. To this day, I remember the bright lights of Elm Street and its many theaters that lined it. The Palace Theater was simply divine and a marvel to go to watch movies. That spectacular white organ that would emerge from the floor to play prior to the main attraction's start is a great memory. Sad to know it was destroyed in the frenzy to get rid of Downtown Dallas' theaters & buildings in the seventies & eighties.

rono3849

Re: Oaklawn: Old Parkland

Postby rono3849 » 09 Jul 2020 21:01

crow.clock.tower.jpg

Drove down Maple Avenue earlier in the week and Crow Holdings' clock tower is beginning to make its way skyward. You can see the construction at the gate closest to Oak Lawn Avenue. It should be interesting to see how long the construction will take. This one cleared all design & construction hurdles within the city's bureaucracy in short order.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.