Dallas Fort Worth Urban Forum

Downtown Dallas: Retail

User avatar
ArtVandelay
Posts: 116
Joined: 01 Nov 2016 12:44

Re: Downtown Dallas: Retail

Postby ArtVandelay » 09 Mar 2017 14:56

Tivo_Kenevil wrote:
mdg109 wrote:Side note: I noticed all the Fireside Pies signage has been removed from the Commerce St location. The space looks like it's ready to be finished up. Is FP still moving in?
Last I checked they were to opens
In April .


An employee at one of their other locations told me the other day they were still opening. I will say no permits have been issued and no certificate of occupancy has been applied for which leads me to believe April isn't happening.

User avatar
theoryNine
Posts: 23
Joined: 25 Oct 2016 14:57

Re: Downtown Dallas: Retail

Postby theoryNine » 09 Mar 2017 16:27

Apparently they were asked to take down the signage for some reason but are still very much planning to open.

cowboyeagle05
Posts: 1348
Joined: 21 Oct 2016 08:45

Re: Downtown Dallas: Retail

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 09 Mar 2017 17:12

Well for the past two weeks the signage was down and the construction crew was in there making it look like it does now. Finished drywall walls and a basic utilities connections. I can not tell if its moving forward or not.

User avatar
willyk
Posts: 388
Joined: 18 Oct 2016 20:20

Re: Downtown Dallas: Retail

Postby willyk » 09 Mar 2017 21:58

If they don't take the space some other pizza joint should. The location is wedged between four hotels, four residential towers and a college campus. Those buildings will suck in pizza like a black hole sucks in planets.

User avatar
dpl-1202
Posts: 37
Joined: 07 Mar 2017 15:38

Re: Downtown Dallas: Retail

Postby dpl-1202 » 10 Mar 2017 08:06

I walk by this Fireside Pies location every day with my dogs. Quite a bit was being done a month back, but as of late, all signage is down and the whitewashed drywall is complete. If it is to actually be a pizza joint, the layout will be interesting - low ceilings, pillars everywhere - your typical first floor in an older building, I'm just curious to see how it all comes together. Its nice to finally have a chain within walking distance of my loft.

User avatar
CTroyMathis
Site Admin
Posts: 195
Joined: 13 Oct 2016 19:51

Re: Downtown Dallas: Retail

Postby CTroyMathis » 10 Mar 2017 09:55

Via twitter, Fireside Pies stated they are still opening in that location and their opening date is TBD. . .

User avatar
muncien
Posts: 676
Joined: 25 Oct 2016 08:46
Location: Cypress Waters

Re: Downtown Dallas: Retail

Postby muncien » 10 Mar 2017 10:06

dpl-1202 wrote:I walk by this Fireside Pies location every day with my dogs. Quite a bit was being done a month back, but as of late, all signage is down and the whitewashed drywall is complete. If it is to actually be a pizza joint, the layout will be interesting - low ceilings, pillars everywhere - your typical first floor in an older building, I'm just curious to see how it all comes together. Its nice to finally have a chain within walking distance of my loft.


Welcome dpl-1202... Funny thing; I used to live in unit 1212 of dpl many, many years ago. Oddly, even though we didn't have as many restaurants back then, we certainly had plenty of pizza joints.
"He doesn't know how to use the three seashells..."

User avatar
tamtagon
Site Admin
Posts: 1320
Joined: 16 Oct 2016 12:04

Re: Downtown Dallas: Retail

Postby tamtagon » 10 Mar 2017 10:14

^just curious, why did you move to Las Colinas?

User avatar
muncien
Posts: 676
Joined: 25 Oct 2016 08:46
Location: Cypress Waters

Re: Downtown Dallas: Retail

Postby muncien » 10 Mar 2017 10:26

tamtagon wrote:^just curious, why did you move to Las Colinas?


Work moved... Got married... Had a kid...
Coming from Los Angeles area, we always wanted a house. But, it didn't take long for us to want to get back back to the city and not deal with all the madness that comes with a house. But the schools in downtown area were terrible back then, and really not much better now. So, it looks like we're stuck here for many more years.
Don't get me wrong... Irving schools are actually worse, but we strategically bought a house that resides just within Coppell ISD boundaries.
Home Address is in Irving
School District is Coppell
Actual school address is Dallas (cypress waters)

It's complicated up here. Anyway, sorry to divert thread. :)
"He doesn't know how to use the three seashells..."

User avatar
muncien
Posts: 676
Joined: 25 Oct 2016 08:46
Location: Cypress Waters

Re: Downtown Dallas: Retail

Postby muncien » 10 Mar 2017 10:29

Speaking of retail and DPL building... Why is it that they have NEVER been able to fill all that retail space? Its a beautiful building, and with all the Joule renovations across the street it seems like a solid location. Perhaps with all the activity to the east, and ATT renovations to the west, this empty retail will finally get some love.
"He doesn't know how to use the three seashells..."

User avatar
jrd1964
Posts: 390
Joined: 19 Oct 2016 06:38

Re: Downtown Dallas: Retail

Postby jrd1964 » 10 Mar 2017 23:51

jrd1964 wrote:Work has been ongoing for a few weeks on a new Smoothie King location in part of the ex-Cafe Solace (and ex-Wall Street Deli before that) space in the tunnel food court at the 1700 Pacific building. No sign yet as to when it will be finished and open.


Looks like it opened up this week some time. Big wigs with the company were sitting out in the food court welcoming potential customers on Thursday morning.

User avatar
dpl-1202
Posts: 37
Joined: 07 Mar 2017 15:38

Re: Downtown Dallas: Retail

Postby dpl-1202 » 12 Mar 2017 13:30

muncien wrote:
dpl-1202 wrote:I walk by this Fireside Pies location every day with my dogs. Quite a bit was being done a month back, but as of late, all signage is down and the whitewashed drywall is complete. If it is to actually be a pizza joint, the layout will be interesting - low ceilings, pillars everywhere - your typical first floor in an older building, I'm just curious to see how it all comes together. Its nice to finally have a chain within walking distance of my loft.


Welcome dpl-1202... Funny thing; I used to live in unit 1212 of dpl many, many years ago. Oddly, even though we didn't have as many restaurants back then, we certainly had plenty of pizza joints.


I moved into 1202 a couple months back and absolutely loving it- grew up in South Dallas, but my dream was always to live DT among the architecture and historic buildings. From the Statler to the Salsa Limon opening in the Mayflower, I'm very excited for the big changes happening down here.

User avatar
dpl-1202
Posts: 37
Joined: 07 Mar 2017 15:38

Re: Downtown Dallas: Retail

Postby dpl-1202 » 12 Mar 2017 13:31

dpl-1202 wrote:
muncien wrote:
dpl-1202 wrote:I walk by this Fireside Pies location every day with my dogs. Quite a bit was being done a month back, but as of late, all signage is down and the whitewashed drywall is complete. If it is to actually be a pizza joint, the layout will be interesting - low ceilings, pillars everywhere - your typical first floor in an older building, I'm just curious to see how it all comes together. Its nice to finally have a chain within walking distance of my loft.


Welcome dpl-1202... Funny thing; I used to live in unit 1212 of dpl many, many years ago. Oddly, even though we didn't have as many restaurants back then, we certainly had plenty of pizza joints.


I moved into 1202 a couple months back and absolutely loving it- grew up in South Dallas, but my dream was always to live DT among the architecture and historic buildings. From the Statler to the Salsa Limon opening in the Mayflower, I'm very excited for the big changes happening down here.


Speaking of the Salsa Limon - this place was a huge hit over in FW. Walked by this morning and it looks completely done on the inside - anybody know if its open yet? Location isn't even listed on their website.

User avatar
Tivo_Kenevil
Posts: 1003
Joined: 20 Oct 2016 12:24

Re: Downtown Dallas: Retail

Postby Tivo_Kenevil » 12 Mar 2017 15:37

Cool. I hope it's open late night like the one in FW. Late night Tacos is a good thing.

User avatar
mdg109
Posts: 165
Joined: 31 Oct 2016 17:10

Re: Downtown Dallas: Retail

Postby mdg109 » 13 Mar 2017 12:57

I'm really glad Salsa Limon removed the reflective film off the glass. The Mayflower looks a lot more inviting now.

Does anybody know what's going on with Mosaic's retail? The Serj coffee shop seems like it has been in the works for a while. There's also some kind of yoga/meditation studio next door with some really bad artwork on the walls.

User avatar
dpl-1202
Posts: 37
Joined: 07 Mar 2017 15:38

Re: Downtown Dallas: Retail

Postby dpl-1202 » 13 Mar 2017 13:14

mdg109 wrote:I'm really glad Salsa Limon removed the reflective film off the glass. The Mayflower looks a lot more inviting now.


I wish they'd take that film off all of the windows on the Mayflower- i'm sure its part of the TIF $ agreement and restoring to original facade...

cowboyeagle05
Posts: 1348
Joined: 21 Oct 2016 08:45

Re: Downtown Dallas: Retail

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 13 Mar 2017 13:27

mdg109 wrote:I'm really glad Salsa Limon removed the reflective film off the glass. The Mayflower looks a lot more inviting now.

Does anybody know what's going on with Mosaic's retail? The Serj coffee shop seems like it has been in the works for a while. There's also some kind of yoga/meditation studio next door with some really bad artwork on the walls.


It's part of a wellness center that took over the gym space as well that attempts to guide customers on overall wellness not just working out.

User avatar
Tucy
Posts: 427
Joined: 19 Oct 2016 12:50

Re: Downtown Dallas: Retail

Postby Tucy » 14 Mar 2017 12:57

The Wall Street Journal is reporting that Neiman Marcus is in talks to sell itself to Hudson's Bay Co. If the sale happens, it could have an effect on downtown Dallas retail...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/neiman-marcus-hires-advisers-to-explore-strategic-alternatives-1489499472

lakewoodhobo
Posts: 627
Joined: 20 Oct 2016 13:49
Location: Elmwood, Oak Cliff

Re: Downtown Dallas: Retail

Postby lakewoodhobo » 14 Mar 2017 14:34

Looks like Salsa Limon has soft opened... at least there were a few people that looked like customers after 2pm. Also noticed that a nail salon will be taking the other space on Akard so expect to see more of that ugly film removed from the windows.
FullSizeRender 13.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
dukemeredith
Posts: 253
Joined: 22 Oct 2016 12:17
Location: Downtown Dallas

Re: Downtown Dallas: Retail

Postby dukemeredith » 14 Mar 2017 14:37

lakewoodhobo wrote:Looks like Salsa Limon has soft opened... at least there were a few people that looked like customers after 2pm. Also noticed that a nail salon will be taking the other space on Akard so expect to see more of that ugly film removed from the windows.



Holy cow, that looks terrific!

User avatar
dpl-1202
Posts: 37
Joined: 07 Mar 2017 15:38

Re: Downtown Dallas: Retail

Postby dpl-1202 » 14 Mar 2017 15:12

dukemeredith wrote:
lakewoodhobo wrote:Looks like Salsa Limon has soft opened... at least there were a few people that looked like customers after 2pm. Also noticed that a nail salon will be taking the other space on Akard so expect to see more of that ugly film removed from the windows.



Holy cow, that looks terrific!


still no announcement for a full opening, i'm trying to get some TACOS!

User avatar
ArtVandelay
Posts: 116
Joined: 01 Nov 2016 12:44

Re: Downtown Dallas: Retail

Postby ArtVandelay » 14 Mar 2017 21:59

Tucy wrote:The Wall Street Journal is reporting that Neiman Marcus is in talks to sell itself to Hudson's Bay Co. If the sale happens, it could have an effect on downtown Dallas retail...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/neiman-marcus-hires-advisers-to-explore-strategic-alternatives-1489499472


HBC has actually invested in their downtown stores in Canada.

User avatar
tamtagon
Site Admin
Posts: 1320
Joined: 16 Oct 2016 12:04

Re: Downtown Dallas: Retail

Postby tamtagon » 14 Mar 2017 23:21

Wasn't the Saks brand 'presented' as a purchase option to the NM owners once, kinda recently?

User avatar
dd_dweller
Posts: 45
Joined: 24 Oct 2016 10:52

Re: Downtown Dallas: Retail

Postby dd_dweller » 15 Mar 2017 13:41

With all the retail in downtown, how do companies representing the vacant store fronts get new tenants for them? Do they just hope that someone who might be interested in them calls them? Does UCR not do trade shows were they show the properties they have to potential national brands? I just feel like theres so much momentum downtown and no one is leasing the retail spots available. The retail at the Merc has been vacant since they opened.

User avatar
dallaz
Posts: 230
Joined: 26 Oct 2016 14:50

Re: Downtown Dallas: Retail

Postby dallaz » 15 Mar 2017 20:10

ArtVandelay wrote:
Tucy wrote:The Wall Street Journal is reporting that Neiman Marcus is in talks to sell itself to Hudson's Bay Co. If the sale happens, it could have an effect on downtown Dallas retail...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/neiman-marcus-hires-advisers-to-explore-strategic-alternatives-1489499472


HBC has actually invested in their downtown stores in Canada.

That's good news if Hudson's Bay decides to buy Neiman's.

I wonder...if the flagship Neiman's is making enough money to stay open or is it open because it's the company's HQ? In the past, the Downtown Joske's was bought out and it was closed...the same can be said for Sanger-Harris. I hope the same doesn't happen with Neiman's.

Tnexster
Posts: 1511
Joined: 22 Oct 2016 16:33
Location: Dallas

Re: Downtown Dallas: Retail

Postby Tnexster » 16 Mar 2017 11:34

^That would be my biggest concern, HB has no loyalty to this city. At least downtown is on a positive trajectory and I believe that store does well....at least I have heard that before.

User avatar
dukemeredith
Posts: 253
Joined: 22 Oct 2016 12:17
Location: Downtown Dallas

Re: Downtown Dallas: Retail

Postby dukemeredith » 16 Mar 2017 13:56

I know nothing about the current ownership - did they have any loyalty to Dallas before purchasing Neiman's ~15 years ago?

User avatar
ArtVandelay
Posts: 116
Joined: 01 Nov 2016 12:44

Re: Downtown Dallas: Retail

Postby ArtVandelay » 16 Mar 2017 14:10

dukemeredith wrote:I know nothing about the current ownership - did they have any loyalty to Dallas before purchasing Neiman's ~15 years ago?


I believe it's current ownership is the Canada Pension Plan (Canadian version of SS) and private equity which is operated like a portfolio company i.e. managed locally. I would imagine a buyout by Hudson's Bay Co. would be predicated on synergies meaning HQ jobs would be in peril. That would not be good for Dallas.

My earlier comment was based on the fact HBC has revamped their Downtown stores in Vancouver, Calgary and Toronto in recent years. While I don't know about the profitability of the Dallas store, there may be enough nostalgia and cache to keep the original store open.

User avatar
Cbdallas
Posts: 197
Joined: 29 Nov 2016 16:42

Re: Downtown Dallas: Retail

Postby Cbdallas » 16 Mar 2017 15:15

This may be our replacement if NM closes (would hate to see that happen).
http://fortyfiveten.com/
I was just in this store for the first time this past Saturday and I thought it was super impressive. The view from the restaruant is stunning.

cowboyeagle05
Posts: 1348
Joined: 21 Oct 2016 08:45

Re: Downtown Dallas: Retail

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 16 Mar 2017 16:22

If it closed it certainly would make headlines. That store has been there in Downtown Dallas for centuries now and it would make headlines all around the world. Neiman's despite its apparent financial woes is a world renown brand in retail.

User avatar
dallaz
Posts: 230
Joined: 26 Oct 2016 14:50

Re: Downtown Dallas: Retail

Postby dallaz » 16 Mar 2017 19:16

Cbdallas wrote:This may be our replacement if NM closes (would hate to see that happen).
http://fortyfiveten.com/
I was just in this store for the first time this past Saturday and I thought it was super impressive. The view from the restaruant is stunning.
I agree, Forty Five Ten is VERY impressive. It's a stark contrast to Neiman's dated interior. From my viewpoint, Neiman's should have done a better job of trying to appeal to the millennial shopper. Many people (including myself) view Neiman's as a store their mother or grandmother would shop at. It simply doesn't appeal to younger shoppers.

Adjusting the stores' merchandise and structuring the stores to today's shopper, would have helped out a lot (IMO). Even though Neiman's is a high end department store, (I believe) people will spend money, if they have what they want.

A company cannot rely on their iconic name to keep them afloat...and maybe they have gotten lazy or took too long to make adjustments. Who knows? Hopefully, they can get it worked out.

User avatar
Tucy
Posts: 427
Joined: 19 Oct 2016 12:50

Re: Downtown Dallas: Retail

Postby Tucy » 17 Mar 2017 02:05

cowboyeagle05 wrote:If it closed it certainly would make headlines. That store has been there in Downtown Dallas for centuries now and it would make headlines all around the world. Neiman's despite its apparent financial woes is a world renown brand in retail.


In reality, if the downtown store were to be closed, it would be a minor news blip outside of Dallas. For the record, that store has NOT been there for "centuries". The fact is, Nothing in Dallas has been there for centuries.

User avatar
f4shionablecha0s
Posts: 17
Joined: 09 Jan 2017 14:56

Re: Downtown Dallas: Retail

Postby f4shionablecha0s » 17 Mar 2017 09:50

Neiman's has been owned by outsiders for decades. If the downtown store wasn't a net positive (including the positive impact on the overall brand) it would have been closed long ago.

User avatar
dpl-1202
Posts: 37
Joined: 07 Mar 2017 15:38

Re: Downtown Dallas: Retail

Postby dpl-1202 » 17 Mar 2017 11:41


User avatar
The_Overdog
Posts: 344
Joined: 21 Oct 2016 14:55

Re: Downtown Dallas: Retail

Postby The_Overdog » 17 Mar 2017 12:22

https://www.dmagazine.com/business-econ ... s/?ref=mpw

FTA: (and former NM CEO Allan Questrom - current retail expert)
In contrast to a renovated Neiman’s he just visited in Los Angeles, “if you go to the Neiman Marcus at NorthPark, it looks just like it did when I was there (in 1988)!


Ouch. Harsh dig at Neiman Marcus and at NorthPark, considering the store shuffling going on there and the consistent job renewing itself.

Also FTA:
Besides pumping more money back into the company, Questrom advised eliminating some of its (more than 40) stores that “aren’t in the right location”—or at least shrinking their footprint

User avatar
vman
Posts: 76
Joined: 24 Oct 2016 07:44

Re: Downtown Dallas: Retail

Postby vman » 17 Mar 2017 13:07

The_Overdog wrote:https://www.dmagazine.com/business-economy/2017/03/is-neiman-marcus-real-problem-not-keeping-up-with-the-times/?ref=mpw



Also FTA:
Besides pumping more money back into the company, Questrom advised eliminating some of its (more than 40) stores that “aren’t in the right location”—or at least shrinking their footprint


Mmmm...I wonder how he feels about the new Neimans in Fort Worth? That store left a dying mall and was rebuilt as an anchor of a shopping center in the middle of run-of-the-mill, cookie-cutter Texas sprawl.

User avatar
dallaz
Posts: 230
Joined: 26 Oct 2016 14:50

Re: Downtown Dallas: Retail

Postby dallaz » 17 Mar 2017 14:57

The_Overdog wrote:https://www.dmagazine.com/business-economy/2017/03/is-neiman-marcus-real-problem-not-keeping-up-with-the-times/?ref=mpw

FTA: (and former NM CEO Allan Questrom - current retail expert)
In contrast to a renovated Neiman’s he just visited in Los Angeles, “if you go to the Neiman Marcus at NorthPark, it looks just like it did when I was there (in 1988)!


Ouch. Harsh dig at Neiman Marcus and at NorthPark, considering the store shuffling going on there and the consistent job renewing itself.

Also FTA:
Besides pumping more money back into the company, Questrom advised eliminating some of its (more than 40) stores that “aren’t in the right location”—or at least shrinking their footprint
SMH...you'd think the owners of NorthPark or Neiman's would have updated it by now...since it's Neiman Marcus' #1 or #2 store in terms of sales. I guess, my idea of Neiman's getting too lazy isn't too far fetched.

User avatar
dpl-1202
Posts: 37
Joined: 07 Mar 2017 15:38

Re: Downtown Dallas: Retail

Postby dpl-1202 » 20 Mar 2017 11:08

i know i've been heavy spamming on this Salsa Limon place, but I finally ate their this past weekend (actually i ate twice - breakfast by myself and then took the fiancee for lunch lol). it was tasty as hell though. Also its always good to judge the authenticity and deliciousness of mexican food restaurants by the (get ready for it) race of clientele - this place was full to the brim of downtown construction workers at lunch on saturday. really excited for this business.

cowboyeagle05
Posts: 1348
Joined: 21 Oct 2016 08:45

Re: Downtown Dallas: Retail

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 20 Mar 2017 17:36

Tucy wrote:
cowboyeagle05 wrote:If it closed it certainly would make headlines. That store has been there in Downtown Dallas for centuries now and it would make headlines all around the world. Neiman's despite its apparent financial woes is a world renown brand in retail.


In reality, if the downtown store were to be closed, it would be a minor news blip outside of Dallas. For the record, that store has NOT been there for "centuries". The fact is, Nothing in Dallas has been there for centuries.


Pardon me I meant decades not centuries I must have caught the Trumped up flu.

I do believe it would make headlines not necessarily the front page from coast to coast but if Neiman's closes the store that started it all in Downtown it will make news in more than the DallasNews.com business section. Neiman's is still considered a major voice in the world of fashion merchandising and sales despite their hardships.

DPatel304
Posts: 988
Joined: 19 Oct 2016 18:49

Re: Downtown Dallas: Retail

Postby DPatel304 » 03 Apr 2017 20:25

As part of an ongoing renovation, downtown Dallas hotel the Adolphus is introducing a new restaurant concept called City Hall Bistro that will be open three meals a day. Opening is slated for May.

http://dallas.culturemap.com/news/resta ... ench-room/

City Hall Bistro is replacing "The Bistro" which was a breakfast and lunch restaurant only. I don't know much about the old restaurant or the new one, but it's certainly promising to hear they are now serving Dinner at yet another Dallas restaurant.

lakewoodhobo
Posts: 627
Joined: 20 Oct 2016 13:49
Location: Elmwood, Oak Cliff

Re: Downtown Dallas: Retail

Postby lakewoodhobo » 04 Apr 2017 08:39

DPatel304 wrote:
As part of an ongoing renovation, downtown Dallas hotel the Adolphus is introducing a new restaurant concept called City Hall Bistro that will be open three meals a day. Opening is slated for May.

http://dallas.culturemap.com/news/resta ... ench-room/

City Hall Bistro is replacing "The Bistro" which was a breakfast and lunch restaurant only. I don't know much about the old restaurant or the new one, but it's certainly promising to hear they are now serving Dinner at yet another Dallas restaurant.


Even more exciting, they seem to have plans to reopen the Main Street entrance:

"A new entrance on Main Street will allow both interior and street-level access to the restaurant. "

User avatar
tamtagon
Site Admin
Posts: 1320
Joined: 16 Oct 2016 12:04

Re: Downtown Dallas: Retail

Postby tamtagon » 04 Apr 2017 10:07

Apparently, the scene is coming back.

https://www.guidelive.com/food-and-drin ... phus-hotel

Sarah Blaskovich GuideLive

The Adolphus' General Manager of Food and Beverage Operations Anthony Cournia notes there's a "developing food scene" in downtown Dallas. Longtime popular restaurants such as Five Sixty, on its perch up high inside Reunion Tower, and the Zodiac, the quintessential ladies' lunch spot inside the original Neiman Marcus, have long lured diners to downtown Dallas. Newer spots such as CBD Provisions have helped encourage diners to stick around past 5 p.m., though the neighborhood could surely use more reasons to convince diners to stay awhile.

lakewoodhobo
Posts: 627
Joined: 20 Oct 2016 13:49
Location: Elmwood, Oak Cliff

Re: Downtown Dallas: Retail

Postby lakewoodhobo » 18 Oct 2017 12:57

There's a bar or restaurant space at the base of 1910 Pacific (next to Corrigan Tower) that is close to being finished. The beer & wine permit application sign says "Cafe No Name" on it.

User avatar
jsoto3
Posts: 43
Joined: 16 Jan 2017 22:59

Re: Downtown Dallas: Retail

Postby jsoto3 » 14 Nov 2017 22:27

More retail/restaurant space coming to 1700 Pacific tunnel and perhaps at grade on Pacific:
http://www.jllproperty.us/assets/doc/17 ... 346878.pdf

1700 pacific retail 1.JPG
1700 pacific retail 2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
R1070
Posts: 508
Joined: 26 Oct 2016 21:00

Re: Downtown Dallas: Retail

Postby R1070 » 14 Nov 2017 22:42

Nice!

cowboyeagle05
Posts: 1348
Joined: 21 Oct 2016 08:45

Re: Downtown Dallas: Retail

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 15 Nov 2017 09:30

Well, that "ground floor" space has been available for years now. I wonder if they ever have marketed it to a restaurant before? It has always been set up as office space and been empty ever since I started paying attention to Downtown. The food court is always busy for lunch and the way it's integrated even long distance bus tour groups drop off people at this site for a resting spot.

lakewoodhobo
Posts: 627
Joined: 20 Oct 2016 13:49
Location: Elmwood, Oak Cliff

Re: Downtown Dallas: Retail

Postby lakewoodhobo » 15 Nov 2017 17:06

Looks like Unbranded will be back this year, this time in the former Jos. A. Bank space (1508 Commerce). At least that's what I think their CO says, which DDI posted on Facebook.

lakewoodhobo
Posts: 627
Joined: 20 Oct 2016 13:49
Location: Elmwood, Oak Cliff

Re: Downtown Dallas: Retail

Postby lakewoodhobo » 27 Nov 2017 16:24

The former salon on Main (Volver, I think) will now become an F45 Training Studio. They have a banner hanging with this website on it: https://f45training.com/

User avatar
hjkll
Posts: 46
Joined: 16 Sep 2017 20:56

Re: Downtown Dallas: Retail

Postby hjkll » 01 Dec 2017 00:39

It seems as though the Adolphus is copying the Joule's successful strategy..

From December's Modern Luxury Dallas magazine on pg 34-

3 new boutiques on Commerce Street:
- Commerce: boutique stocked with goods made in Texas
- Barber Shop
- Otto's: European style cafe

Now all we need Downtown is more... RESIDENTS!!

But either way this is great news and Commerce is such an underutilized, under retailed street.

cowboyeagle05
Posts: 1348
Joined: 21 Oct 2016 08:45

Re: Downtown Dallas: Retail

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 01 Dec 2017 08:56

I am just so surprised and excited that the Adolphus new owners saw the potential in removing their huge carport and flipping it into retail space that hotel guests and downtown workers and residents would use. One of the best ideas in Downtown in years. Once AT&T gets their plaza redone Commerce won't be just a sleepy car freeway. There will finally be more to see and visit towards this side.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: wootytoot444 and 3 guests

Login