Dallas Fort Worth Urban Forum

Downtown Dallas: 2000 Ross Project

User avatar
kingpin
Posts: 280
Joined: 14 Nov 2016 09:24

Re: Downtown Dallas: 2000 Ross Project

Postby kingpin » 26 May 2018 14:34

ImageUntitled by Around My City, on Flickr
ImageUntitled by Around My City, on Flickr

ImageUntitled by Around My City, on Flickr
ImageUntitled by Around My City, on Flickr
ImageUntitled by Around My City, on Flickr
ImageUntitled by Around My City, on Flickr

Tnexster
Posts: 1182
Joined: 22 Oct 2016 16:33
Location: Dallas

Re: Downtown Dallas: 2000 Ross Project

Postby Tnexster » 26 May 2018 16:21

Cool shots, they are almost up to six. I will be watching to see if they continue up from there where the hotel is supposed to be.

User avatar
R1070
Posts: 446
Joined: 26 Oct 2016 21:00

Re: Downtown Dallas: 2000 Ross Project

Postby R1070 » 28 May 2018 14:25

Watching for that here as well. I hope they do incorporate the hotel into this first phase.

Tnexster
Posts: 1182
Joined: 22 Oct 2016 16:33
Location: Dallas

Re: Downtown Dallas: 2000 Ross Project

Postby Tnexster » 05 Jun 2018 21:54

They started setting the forms for floor six this week.

User avatar
maconahey
Posts: 222
Joined: 20 Oct 2016 13:07

Re: Downtown Dallas: 2000 Ross Project

Postby maconahey » 06 Jun 2018 17:06

Image

User avatar
maconahey
Posts: 222
Joined: 20 Oct 2016 13:07

Re: Downtown Dallas: 2000 Ross Project

Postby maconahey » 27 Jun 2018 11:51

Image

cowboyeagle05
Posts: 1006
Joined: 21 Oct 2016 08:45

Re: Downtown Dallas: 2000 Ross Project

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 27 Jun 2018 12:31

No sign yet that either the hotel or residential tower portion are moving forward.

User avatar
Warrior2015
Posts: 51
Joined: 15 Jun 2018 21:19

Re: Downtown Dallas: 2000 Ross Project

Postby Warrior2015 » 27 Jun 2018 16:06

cowboyeagle05 wrote:No sign yet that either the hotel or residential tower portion are moving forward.

I read somewhere that the hotel will start as soon as phase 1 is complete and when phase 2cis complete then the residential will start. But that's just what I read.

cowboyeagle05
Posts: 1006
Joined: 21 Oct 2016 08:45

Re: Downtown Dallas: 2000 Ross Project

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 27 Jun 2018 16:55

The parking is obviously Trammel Crow Towers main concern since it guaranteed as part of leasing so I have no doubt that it is the primary goal. As far as the other phases, they could easily dismiss them later if they wanted to despite the advantage the other two phases could have a positive impact on the overall neighborhood improvement.

User avatar
Warrior2015
Posts: 51
Joined: 15 Jun 2018 21:19

Re: Downtown Dallas: 2000 Ross Project

Postby Warrior2015 » 27 Jun 2018 18:05

cowboyeagle05 wrote:The parking is obviously Trammel Crow Towers main concern since it guaranteed as part of leasing so I have no doubt that it is the primary goal. As far as the other phases, they could easily dismiss them later if they wanted to despite the advantage the other two phases could have a positive impact on the overall neighborhood improvement.

I also read that the hotel is going to start in late 2018

Tnexster
Posts: 1182
Joined: 22 Oct 2016 16:33
Location: Dallas

Re: Downtown Dallas: 2000 Ross Project

Postby Tnexster » 27 Jun 2018 22:10

Last time I walked by this place I noticed the space on the east side where nothing is being built. There was a large picture on the wall in front that showed a green park like setting in that space. Doesn't look like the residential tower is coming anytime soon.

User avatar
R1070
Posts: 446
Joined: 26 Oct 2016 21:00

Re: Downtown Dallas: 2000 Ross Project

Postby R1070 » 27 Jun 2018 22:42

This development needs at least the hotel. I hope we don't just get a glorified parking garage with some retail.

cowboyeagle05
Posts: 1006
Joined: 21 Oct 2016 08:45

Re: Downtown Dallas: 2000 Ross Project

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 28 Jun 2018 08:02

This is one of those projects where the most recent rendering I saw I hope turns out better than it appears.

Tnexster
Posts: 1182
Joined: 22 Oct 2016 16:33
Location: Dallas

Re: Downtown Dallas: 2000 Ross Project

Postby Tnexster » 29 Jun 2018 14:43

The parking garage is moving up another level, going to 7.

User avatar
Tucy
Posts: 367
Joined: 19 Oct 2016 12:50

Re: Downtown Dallas: 2000 Ross Project

Postby Tucy » 02 Jul 2018 11:34

Relevant to an up-thread discussion about whether apartments were being built faster than they are being absorbed:

"Dallas-Fort Worth's net apartment leasing totaled 5,465 units in the second quarter.
That sounds like a lot, but it's not enough.
Developers completed almost 7,000 apartments in the last three months. And on an annual basis, apartment demand is lagging new supply by almost 10,000 units, according to the latest data from Richardson-based RealPage."


https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... ghborhoods

User avatar
joshua.dodd
Posts: 297
Joined: 23 Oct 2016 01:11

Re: Downtown Dallas: 2000 Ross Project

Postby joshua.dodd » 02 Jul 2018 15:25

So prices are finally starting to level out. It's about time.

Tnexster
Posts: 1182
Joined: 22 Oct 2016 16:33
Location: Dallas

Re: Downtown Dallas: 2000 Ross Project

Postby Tnexster » 02 Jul 2018 16:46

Maybe the resistance to build residential at 2000 Ross now was a smart play.

User avatar
Mr. Mojito
Posts: 3
Joined: 17 Feb 2017 12:31

Re: Downtown Dallas: 2000 Ross Project

Postby Mr. Mojito » 03 Jul 2018 06:59

Image
This picture is from early June

Image

Image
Entrance from Flora

User avatar
dallaz
Posts: 150
Joined: 26 Oct 2016 14:50

Re: Downtown Dallas: 2000 Ross Project

Postby dallaz » 03 Jul 2018 08:20

Wow! I’m loving the interior so far.

User avatar
ContriveDallasite
Posts: 157
Joined: 27 Oct 2016 03:34
Location: München

Re: Downtown Dallas: 2000 Ross Project

Postby ContriveDallasite » 03 Jul 2018 12:21

That is one massive parking garage.

User avatar
dallaz
Posts: 150
Joined: 26 Oct 2016 14:50

Re: Downtown Dallas: 2000 Ross Project

Postby dallaz » 03 Jul 2018 14:31

ContriveDallasite wrote:That is one massive parking garage.

It sure is...and that why I’ve been very vocal in my dislike of it. Hopefully, the other phases will be competed soon. Then maybe I’ll change my opinion...

User avatar
Warrior2015
Posts: 51
Joined: 15 Jun 2018 21:19

Re: Downtown Dallas: 2000 Ross Project

Postby Warrior2015 » 03 Jul 2018 15:11

Yall have to realize that the hotel is going to be built on top of the garage and its going to have about 30,000 square feet of ground floor retail.

cowboyeagle05
Posts: 1006
Joined: 21 Oct 2016 08:45

Re: Downtown Dallas: 2000 Ross Project

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 03 Jul 2018 15:24

Warrior2015 wrote:Yall have to realize that the hotel is going to be built on top of the garage and its going to have about 30,000 square feet of ground-floor retail.


Oh don't worry we realize it but the hotel isn't a sure thing until it starts construction as is the same story with every pretty rendering project that gets flashed around in this town. Plus there are plenty of garages built in the CBD that had the same intentions. Garage with ground floor retail which sits mostly empty or in 10 years is empty and the operator doesn't care cause after all this is a garage project first for the office building across the street.
All the other stuff is just extras they threw in to add lipstick to the pig.

Worst case scenario we get no hotel or residential tower and one retail space gets occupied by Jimmy Johns or Subway. I just hope they at least get some neighborhood service retail, dry cleaners, casual sit down eatery, nail/hair salon, maybe a fine dining restaurant.

User avatar
dallaz
Posts: 150
Joined: 26 Oct 2016 14:50

Re: Downtown Dallas: 2000 Ross Project

Postby dallaz » 03 Jul 2018 19:17

cowboyeagle05 wrote:
Warrior2015 wrote:Yall have to realize that the hotel is going to be built on top of the garage and its going to have about 30,000 square feet of ground-floor retail.


Oh don't worry we realize it but the hotel isn't a sure thing until it starts construction as is the same story with every pretty rendering project that gets flashed around in this town. Plus there are plenty of garages built in the CBD that had the same intentions. Garage with ground floor retail which sits mostly empty or in 10 years is empty and the operator doesn't care cause after all this is a garage project first for the office building across the street.
All the other stuff is just extras they threw in to add lipstick to the pig.

Worst case scenario we get no hotel or residential tower and one retail space gets occupied by Jimmy Johns or Subway. I just hope they at least get some neighborhood service retail, dry cleaners, casual sit down eatery, nail/hair salon, maybe a fine dining restaurant.

You hit the nail right on the head! That’s exactly what I’m feeling with this project. I hope my feelings are wrong. I’m just not sure if we’ll end up with what we are promised. All I see is just a massive parking garage with retail.....

User avatar
Warrior2015
Posts: 51
Joined: 15 Jun 2018 21:19

Re: Downtown Dallas: 2000 Ross Project

Postby Warrior2015 » 03 Jul 2018 20:07

dallaz wrote:
cowboyeagle05 wrote:
Warrior2015 wrote:Yall have to realize that the hotel is going to be built on top of the garage and its going to have about 30,000 square feet of ground-floor retail.


Oh don't worry we realize it but the hotel isn't a sure thing until it starts construction as is the same story with every pretty rendering project that gets flashed around in this town. Plus there are plenty of garages built in the CBD that had the same intentions. Garage with ground floor retail which sits mostly empty or in 10 years is empty and the operator doesn't care cause after all this is a garage project first for the office building across the street.
All the other stuff is just extras they threw in to add lipstick to the pig.

Worst case scenario we get no hotel or residential tower and one retail space gets occupied by Jimmy Johns or Subway. I just hope they at least get some neighborhood service retail, dry cleaners, casual sit down eatery, nail/hair salon, maybe a fine dining restaurant.

You hit the nail right on the head! That’s exactly what I’m feeling with this project. I hope my feelings are wrong. I’m just not sure if we’ll end up with what we are promised. All I see is just a massive parking garage with retail.....

Of course that's all you're going to see now because its phase 1. The hotel is going to happen. The residential may be a while longer,but the hotel is for sure.

cowboyeagle05
Posts: 1006
Joined: 21 Oct 2016 08:45

Re: Downtown Dallas: 2000 Ross Project

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 05 Jul 2018 08:02

When the hotel actually does start then I will congratulate the action but until then I will be skeptical because developers promise more than they actually give. Phase 1 and the only phase that matters to Trammel Crow towers owners is the parking. As I said before the rest is just extra mixer in the cocktail they are already enjoying.

User avatar
maconahey
Posts: 222
Joined: 20 Oct 2016 13:07

Re: Downtown Dallas: 2000 Ross Project

Postby maconahey » 13 Jul 2018 12:58

Image

User avatar
dallaz
Posts: 150
Joined: 26 Oct 2016 14:50

Re: Downtown Dallas: 2000 Ross Project

Postby dallaz » 13 Jul 2018 13:48

*tries to find something postive to say*

Well...at least it’s not an aslphat parking lot :?

User avatar
jrd1964
Posts: 364
Joined: 19 Oct 2016 06:38

Re: Downtown Dallas: 2000 Ross Project

Postby jrd1964 » 13 Jul 2018 16:00

dallaz wrote:*tries to find something postive to say*

Well...at least it’s not an aslphat parking lot :?


...or, an asphalt parking lot, either. ;) ;)

User avatar
dallaz
Posts: 150
Joined: 26 Oct 2016 14:50

Re: Downtown Dallas: 2000 Ross Project

Postby dallaz » 13 Jul 2018 17:44

jrd1964 wrote:
dallaz wrote:*tries to find something postive to say*

Well...at least it’s not an aslphat parking lot :?


...or, an asphalt parking lot, either. ;) ;)

I swear this phone has a mind of its own. It keeps reminding me how I am not tech savvy. :lol: :lol:


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: trueicon and 12 guests

Login