Dallas Fort Worth Urban Forum

Downtown Dallas: AMLI Fountain Place (562 FT / 46 ST)

Dmkflyer

Re: Downtown Dallas: AMLI Residential Tower

Postby Dmkflyer » 22 Feb 2017 08:05

Tivo_Kenevil wrote:
Tnexster wrote:And the museum and tower that is supposed to go across the street.

Meh... I lost all hope in that ever coming to fruition.

I wrote to the developer about a year ago and he was pretty upfront with how early they were in the process and that the time frame was a bit of a longer one. He also mentioned D2 being a potential delay and for the reason listed above.

Dmkflyer

Re: Downtown Dallas: AMLI Residential Tower

Postby Dmkflyer » 22 Feb 2017 08:47

maconahey wrote:Found a few more goodies

https://issuu.com/mrahmatoulin/docs/mra ... folio_2017

These seem to pretty well match up with Walsh logistics and construction animation and the description on the FAA site regarding height, layout, and orientation.

Tnexster

Re: Downtown Dallas: AMLI Fountain Place (562 FT / 46 ST)

Postby Tnexster » 20 Mar 2017 14:29

What's next for Dallas' skyline? Developer buys site, plans 40-story skyscraper

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/real ... skyscraper

Developers have purchased property to build the first true downtown Dallas skyscraper in seven years.

Chicago-based Amli Residential bought the vacant block on Field Street just north of Ross Avenue.

The developer plans to build a more than 40-story apartment tower on the parking lot next door to the landmark Fountain Place office tower.

Tivo_Kenevil

Postby Tivo_Kenevil » 20 Mar 2017 16:18

Starts this summer?!.. nice surprise. Hopefully this becomes a catalyst for more pedestrian centric projects in this section of asphalt abyss.

eburress

Postby eburress » 20 Mar 2017 18:05

Oh I know...that part of Downtown is such a dud. On the bright side though it is a mostly blank canvas, so the projects going in there have the potential to be truly transformative. This new AMLI tower sure seems like a good start!

dollaztx

Postby dollaztx » 20 Mar 2017 19:17

eburress wrote:Oh I know...that part of Downtown is such a dud. On the bright side though it is a mostly blank canvas, so the projects going in there have the potential to be truly transformative. This new AMLI tower sure seems like a good start!

Just this along with the Fountain Place upgrades are already making that part look denser. Lots of potential.

Return to “Urban Development”