I did see this on the City of Irving city counsel meeting from a couple of weeks ago...
10 Resolution - Approving an Interlocal Agreement Between the City of Irving
and the City of Dallas for the Connection of the Dallas Skyline Trail to the
Campion Trail System at Trinity View Park
1. This item is recommended by the Capital Improvement Program Department. It
supports Strategic Objective 4.5 – Implement enhancements to cultural and
2. Impact: This Interlocal Agreement will provide a trail connection with Campion
Trails at Trinity View Park from the City of Dallas. This project will enhance the
quality of life for Irving residents by allowing access to the Dallas trail system and
3. This item was presented at the Transportation and Natural Resource
Committee on June 6, 2018.
4. The City of Dallas has received a TxDOT grant to build 5 miles of trail from the
Sylvan Drive bridge which will tie into the existing 5 miles of Skyline trail.
5. This agreement will allow the City of Dallas to build a bridge over the Trinity River
and provide a connecting trail on City of Irving property, using City of Irving trail
specifications, with no cost to Irving.
6. The project will be completed by the fall of 2019.
The resolution be approved.
It'll be good to start connecting some of these trails. I'm still looking forward to something that'll connect the northern and southern sections of Campion trail. But, I suspect they are waiting for action on the Texas Stadium site first.