Dallas Fort Worth Urban Forum

Downtown: Klyde Warren Park

DPatel304

Re: Downtown: Klyde Warren Park

Postby DPatel304 » 31 Mar 2019 21:05

LongonBigD wrote:I realize now that it’s, alas — not a park extension. It’s a primarily a private fundraising space.

I guess I can live with that so long as it means they have a way to drive future donations to keep the park maintained.

Yep, my thoughts exactly. I think it's a fine development, my main issue is they are trying to sell it as a 'park extension', when it isn't that at all. I'm totally okay with that, and I'm actually glad they are finding a way to generate some revenue. It's significantly better than what is there today which is a massive highway that is diving our city. This will help cover up even more of that highway, and connect Uptown to Downtown a bit better.

Tivo_Kenevil

Postby Tivo_Kenevil » 31 Mar 2019 22:15

How are they so sure this will raise money? lark on the park wasn't a success. What makes them so damn sure this will be? Because it has parkin'? Sorry, not only are they parading this as a park, when it isnt, it also involves shady visitdallas, an unorganized institution that needs to be gutted. It also involves a federal agency that is so out of touch with anything remotely urban. Stay away from this project Dallas.

flyswatter

Postby flyswatter » 31 Mar 2019 22:21

Lark wasn't on the park, but Savor makes a killing inside the park and it is across the street from where Lark was. They will fill that place with fundraisers and events just simply by throwing out words like "unparalleled views" and offering valet parking for the people coming in from Plano or Highland Park.

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 02 Apr 2019 06:59

tamtagon wrote: I would suggest Perot make real nice with El Fenix folks and work out a collaboration to extend the Natural History Museum over/under Field....

Here's the big chance!

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/real-estate/2019/04/02/whole-enchilada-el-fenixsuptown-dallas-property-sale

The whole enchilada: El Fenix's Uptown Dallas property is for sale
Written by Steve Brown

...The El Fenix building — along with two other popular restaurants on the same block — are on an almost 4-acre development site being offered to buyers by brokers at Dallas-based HFF.

...Based on recent development site sales in Uptown, the El Fenix tract could fetch as much as $50 million for just the land.

dallaz

Postby dallaz » 11 Apr 2019 19:23

CEO: Kit Sawers, Klyde Warren Park

https://www.kera.org/2019/03/29/kit-saw ... rren-park/

Built over a busy downtown Dallas freeway, Klyde Warren Park offers visitors over five acres of green space to eat, play and relax. President of Klyde Warren Park, Kit Sawers, joins host Lee Cullum this April on CEO to discuss the park’s future expansion and how the nonprofit plans to fund a growing number of events from yoga to concerts to films – all free to the public.