Dallas Fort Worth Urban Forum

Trinity River Park

casperitl

Re: Trinity River Park

Postby casperitl » 22 Mar 2020 12:32

So....they only raised half the money they committed to raising and also did not meet their contract deadline with the City of Dallas. How is this a good thing. In addition their director resigned.

No news of building out the actual park just the overlooks that will tie into private land development owned largely by the non-profit or members of their board.

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 22 Mar 2020 16:56

Maybe more of the old tollroad stalwarts will resign and we can get on with a wilderness park. Building overlooks that enhance adjacent properties is fine with me; graft will always be a problem but no matter what happens between the levees, river bottom adjacent private properties need to be developed guided by the pedestrian mobility into the park. The overlooks will be popular and there's little choice but design around walkers and bike riders.

I think the entire length of the river between levees should be a managed wilderness designed to clean the water, become home to the greatest biodiversity in the region, and entirely accessible by foot.

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 23 Mar 2020 10:32

I assumed Brent Brown wouldn't last he is an upstanding guy who actually cares about community engagement but The Trinity Conservancy is about making sure whatever happens to the Trinity benefits developers and private landowners to the highest levels.