Dallas Fort Worth Urban Forum

Dallas Love Field Airport

itsjrd1964

Re: Dallas Love Field Airport

Postby itsjrd1964 » 20 Sep 2018 06:32

Love Field is planning to add more space for dining/drinkies, including a new Maggiano's restaurant in the terminal. Airport officials say the work may be done by next spring or before summer.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/lov ... rink-lines

flyswatter

Postby flyswatter » 20 Sep 2018 11:08

Good. That place gets CRAZY during departure banks.

Matt777

Postby Matt777 » 20 Sep 2018 13:09

Geez, does it have to be a Maggiano's? Lol.

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 26 Sep 2018 08:49

It's quite fascinating that they planned this airport expansion/reorganization and totally miscalculated the sharp rise in traffic which has in turn overloaded all there planned service systems. Not enough parking, food and beverage etc, airport automobile access drop off and pick up. The cities Airport management has to be firing on all cylinders to try to catch up to frankly an airport redesign that increased capacity for flights but missed the mark on new facilities to service the main purpose.
Who was in charge of the studies that told them what they needed when they planned the Revolution Love Field remodel because they failed.

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 26 Sep 2018 09:01

^word

I'd like to think we've reach the point at this airport where air and noise pollution levels can determine capacity potential. Make 2018 the baseline, and as airplanes spew less air and noise, add more gates. Start with 10, 5 domestic and 5 international. something like that.

longhorn

Postby longhorn » 26 Sep 2018 09:07

Is the parking garage officially completed now?

http://www.lovefieldmodernizationprogra ... n-updates/

And does anyone know what the new office built in front of the massive fuel tank for?

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 26 Sep 2018 09:15

It seems like they should have maybe added a second-floor area to the main terminal for retail/restaurants. Not huge space but adding a Magianos will not help with morning traffic runs. I imagine the pseudo beverage/snack kiosks are a solution that will help since many people probably are trying to at least get a beverage to drink while waiting. The problem is people would probably buy more if the lines weren't so long for everything. Turning the gallery space and closet into one sit down restaurant will only minorly help capacity issues. I see a proposal for a terminal addition coming down the line that I am sure they are going to avoid for as long as they can.

PonyUp13

Postby PonyUp13 » 26 Sep 2018 18:56

I wish Love had a priority pass lounge. The crowds are miserable, and it’s hot and loud

longhorn

Postby longhorn » 27 Sep 2018 14:46

cowboyeagle05 wrote:It seems like they should have maybe added a second-floor area to the main terminal for retail/restaurants. Not huge space but adding a Magianos will not help with morning traffic runs. I imagine the pseudo beverage/snack kiosks are a solution that will help since many people probably are trying to at least get a beverage to drink while waiting. The problem is people would probably buy more if the lines weren't so long for everything. Turning the gallery space and closet into one sit down restaurant will only minorly help capacity issues. I see a proposal for a terminal addition coming down the line that I am sure they are going to avoid for as long as they can.

Just wait till SWA makes Love and all 737-800 base, if its not already. More pax holding in the gate areas.

itsjrd1964

Postby itsjrd1964 » 02 Nov 2018 13:24

The construction of the third airport garage, C, is complete and is now open. There are 5300 total spaces there. Officials want to lower rates for parking at the airport garages. There are further plans to move Uber/Lyft pickups from the lower driveway to a designated area in the A garage area. In 2021, work will start on the west runway. Studies are still being considered for a north airport entrance, as well as for a combined airport rental car area.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/lov ... liday-rush

itsjrd1964

Postby itsjrd1964 » 02 Nov 2018 22:41

The DBJ article about the C garage also includes a link to news in recent weeks that parking lot operator The Parking Spot, which already had 2 lots in the vicinity of Love Field, has acquired the space that had belonged to Best Parking. This move now gives The Parking Spot a total of 2700 spaces there and makes it the dominant non-airport-owned adjacent parking operator at Love Field.

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news ... rport.html
https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news ... h-new.html